Save A Sn Reason As An Mp3

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 12665
    transparent : Sun 12th Nov 2017 : 7 months ago can someone explain how to save song as an mp3 file so I can upload on looperman? Thank you.
  2. 1
    Looperman : Sun 12th Nov 2017 : 7 months ago in you are using reaper as it says in your profile then choose render file and change the output format to MP3
  3. 1547231
    Lemonization : Sun 12th Nov 2017 : 7 months ago Alternatively you can load it up in Audacity and save it as an MP3 there.
  4. 12665
    transparent : Sun 12th Nov 2017 : 7 months ago use reason 9. Have just updated my avatar, lol
  5. 630386
    JosephFunk : Mon 13th Nov 2017 : 7 months ago To set the record straight Reason 2 may have had an export to mp3 option but after that it was removed intentionally. Although MP3, a lossy audio standard, it still remains as a commonly used audio file standard, and it has not always been totally free and open like the Lossless audio file standard known as FLAC. Even though MP3 seemingly seems free to use, for years when MP3 was used in a for profit programs such as Studio One, Reaper, FL Studio, Ableton Live, Logic Pro and even Garageband, someone paid a license for its inclusion into many of those popular DAWs, most likely it was you and you did not even know it because it was bundled into the retail price. Open GPL programs such as Audacity do not have this issue because I believe you have to independently download the L.A.M.E. mp3 encoder (*.dll or *.exe). Mp3 is not included in Reason because Propellerhead Reason did not want to enter in to very complicated mp3 licensing arrangements or potential Mp3 Patent lawsuits from others. So they made the choice not to include the encoder but it does decode MP3.

Aside from Propellerhead Reason, currently today the basic MP3 decoding and encoding technology has been patent-free in Europe in 2012 and in North America on 16 April 2017. Although many claims and restrictions to MP3 has been lifted, currently Reason decided not to include the Mp3 encoder until the whole MP3 licensing and ownership cloud gets settled beyond a shadow of a doubt once and for all. You have to use one of the suggestions above my post. Or find another MP3 conversion app.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Deep House Track