Ableton Live 10 Out Soon

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 1
    Looperman : Thu 2nd Nov 2017 : 2 months ago Quick heads up for all those who, like me use Ableton Live. Ableton 10 is due for release in early 2018.

Includes new features such as Wavetable, Echo, Drum Buss and Pedal: new devices that mean colorful new sounds are possible with Live’s instruments and effects.

Heres the promo vid.
  2. 308224
    theHumps : Thu 2nd Nov 2017 : 2 months ago Went to the Ableton site and checked out all the new toys and I must say this update looks like a winner to me. The Pedal, Drum Buss and Echo will get a workout for sure. I/O Renaming, Favorite folders for plugins and Groups within Groups are a nice touch and they seemed to improve the GUI and I didn't think it needed it.

A big plus too is that they are making the Max 4 Live plugins load easier, run more efficient and look more like Ableton plugins. In Max 4 Live you can also design your own plugins, if you're not familiar with Ableton. I haven't gone there yet but it looks interesting.

Can't wait!
  3. 1
    Looperman : Thu 2nd Nov 2017 : 2 months ago Yes, the delay and the fuzz pedal looks good. Probably the things I would use most. The fuzz has a better sound the the standard amp
  4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 2nd Nov 2017 : 2 months ago Just pre-ordered for this update, I've been involved with their Beta test program for ages, you have to hand it to Ableton they are constantly improving their product, this version looks awesome!
  5. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 3rd Nov 2017 : 2 months ago It seems like all the major players in the Digital Audio Workstation business are all turning up the heat for DAW supremacy. Ableton Live has made an announcement about version 10 because they are unable to deliver it in 2017 for a Q4 release. Too bad, it's always tough to sell anything after Christmas which is why smart people like Planetjazzbass pre-ordered it now. But will it be ready and stable for a first quarter release in 2018? Some beta-testers have said that if the current beta is the final config and all Ableton is doing is just bug fixes at this time, then the forum people on DJ Techtools dot com called Ableton 10, Ableton 9.8. Not my opinion.

First time users if you want the full suite prepare to shell out $599 USD. To upgrade it will slightly less. An intro version is about $79.00 only. The Intro version is probably suitable for loopers and some DJs.

One footnote, Ableton 10 on Windows 10 has got some serious driver compatibility issues in some earlier test, which was expected. Some of the audio interfaces were broken by it, some of the hardware support drivers will not load. ASIO is acting up for some. So if you have a production system that makes you money (iTunes, Spotify, CDbaby, and so on), do your homework first for the OS (Mac or Windows) version you are using. A system back up is recommended before installing it if you must have Ableton 10 right away. But if you make music just for fun, then dive right in and have fun.

A very worthy alternative I recommend is Bitwig Studio 2.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=MQfSwv_bcSE
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured RnB Track