Maschine And Maschine Jam For Music Composition

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Thu 12th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago So I just want to compose new tracks, and was going to buy Native Instruments Komplete. But it turns out that when you do that you can get Maschine or Maschine Jam for half price. These look interesting, but they seem to me to be more about DJ'ing than music composition. Am I better off saving the $200-$300 or will I be able to use this in my music composition? I'm used to a keyboard and mouse, and so this is a little hard for me to grasp, but this definitely looks intriguing for beat creation if nothing else.
  2. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Thu 12th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago In none of the videos do they show what setup you have to do in your DAW or what you are left with in your DAW after playing around on the Maschine. When I'm creating a song on my MIDI keyboard, I prep REAPER by "inserting a new VST instrument on track" clicking the arm for record button, clicking the record button. Then I play around on my MIDI keyboard for a while, come back & hit space and am left with a midi track. Is it possible to do the same with Maschine Jam? In other words can I insert multiple instrument tracks arm them all for recording, play around on Maschine Jam, hit space and have a bunch of midi tracks? I'm guessing not. That Machine Jam is just for performance, maybe at best recording the sound and not the MIDI. Or can it record multiple MIDI tracks without a lot of grief?
  3. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 14th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago I did a little research. Even though NI pushes Maschine Jam as a music production tool, they want you to do it all through their "Maschine" software rather than your DAW. It is closer to music creation from a musicians perspective, more immediate and tactile, but I'm wondering how polished you can get your tracks using the Maschine software. While it works with NI's Komplete, I'm not sure if it will work with mixing and mastering VST's like Neutron and Ozone.
  4. 1433563
    MannyP3 : Wed 8th Nov 2017 : 1 month ago I love Maschine myself. It fits the way I like to produce music since I prefer to play my loops live and don't like to spend a lot of time looking at my computer screen.

I don't have the Jam though just the standard MK III controller. The Jam is really just the step sequencer from the main controller on a separate piece of hardware. Depending how much you use your keyboard you might be better off with the MK II or III since it have more functions than the Jam.

Generally speaking you'll want to use either piece of hardware running through the Maschine software. It's robust enough that I usually just use it in stand alone and do the whole track there. However the software does fall a bit short of being a full DAW. I have used it as a plugin with Ableton Live and it works well although didn't add much to my work flow. There are enough mixing and mastering tool in the software for me at least so I can't say if it will work with your other programs or not, although I would guess it could.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track