MrWolf First Attempt At Video Production - Feedback Required

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Thu 5th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Dear All,
    Even if I am very busy with life at the moment (and not as active as I would like on the music front) I manage to still keep myself in the "band".

And we decided to film a music video for one of the songs on the upcoming album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gziDbTIbT7g

This is my first attempt at a "music video" which is not "just a recording of a rehearsal session".
    I tried to push things a bit more into a "professional" area, with a story, a list of the shots I wanted and some research in the creative-commons archive to add some interesting footage material.

...and I am 68% satisfied with the result :-)
    Hence... my feedback request:
    - what did I do completely wrong?
    - what are the "beginners" mistakes that I could have avoided?
    - what are the good things that should have had more room?

I am not going to rework this video, but I would like to learn, improve and create better ones in the future.
    Thanks in advance for your help Looperman community!
    Sincerely yours, Domenico
  2. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 6th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Hey Domenico!

The song and the band was spectacular! Man, you guys really rock hard. Awesome rich analogue guitar sounds and rig, nice mix and great post audio mastering as well.

The video, you actually needed better original lighting, because in your video production software you can always darken things later if you want. Also, I was hoping for some cool video transitions but nothing over the top or techie rather than just slamming edited video segments together.

What you did well was you featured the band in real time which always an excellent idea in a first video, congrats. Also credits before or after the video and nothing to long or lengthy would be nice but that's not really required, just a suggestion.

Quite honestly, I was really expecting much less because you said it was your first video, maybe your major video effort, but I was pleasantly surprised at your awesome effort, arrangement, and overall presentation. Well done man!

Great Job Domenico!

Joe
  3. 848132
    mrwolf14 : Thu 12th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Thanks a lot for the feedback Joe! (and for the nice words)

Regarding the lights: I am totally with you!
    Unfortunately we decided to try some new lights and while the result in the room seemed OK, it was definitely too dark for the cameras. Lesson learned.

Regarding the usage of video transitions: I am not sure what to do and what not. I used a couple of times the "blend" fx. But I was afraid of "overdoing" things.
    Any recommendation would be very helpful here...

And on credits: VERY GOOD POINT!
    I was thinking to put something in the youtube description, but it's not the same.
    I will for sure make something for the next video!

Thanks again!
    Ciao, Domenico

PS: this was my first "real video" ... I did a couple of ones out of some very "bad material" shot during our rehearsal sessions. This was the first one with some "concept" behind. But I enjoyed making it... so more will come :-)
  4. 2380993
    sharonreece : Thu 12th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago keep it up dude!
  5. 2255594
    slava72 : Fri 13th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Outstanding musicionshipand, music. Your video looks just us good as video,made by "professionals"!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track