Free Mastering Tools

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 24th Sep 2017 : 2 months ago So I've downloaded some interesting free tools for mastering. (grab them while they are available) The first was Newfangled Audio's eqivocate (for EQ), and then Izotope Ozone Imager (for stereo widening) and I have to say that playing around with both of these I was able to make my track sound better. You can hear it here:
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/187981 Let me know if I've butchered it. Does anyone know of any other freebies that I would help improve my poor man's mastering? I'm thinking having a good Limiter/Compressor would be important.
  2. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 24th Sep 2017 : 2 months ago I just wasn't happy with my mastering. I think you can actually get there by getting a bunch of free VST's and tweaking them like crazy, but decided to bite the bullet and buy Ozone 7. I was able to just try all the presets until I found one that sounded the best, and I think it actually may sound better than the masters I get at landr.com. And this way I can slowly learn how to master by tweaking all the settings.
  3. 2255594
    slava72 : Sun 24th Sep 2017 : 2 months ago Is Ozone 7 expensive?At "final stage" i usualy run tracks thrue Magix "samplitude studio" mastering plug-ins,they are not bad,i think basic version of "samplitude now is free.
  4. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 24th Sep 2017 : 2 months ago Ozone 7 Standard is $249. They have a cheaper version called Ozone 7 Elements for $129 but that version the only tweaking you can do is choose a different preset. For free, Samplitude Studio might be ok. It's kind of odd, I had to google this link and it said "test Samplitude Music Studio now for free." http://www.magix.com/us/free-download/samplitude-music-studio/ But if you go through Magix's site http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio/ they have a free 30 day trial and charge you $99. Samplitude did not get good reviews on steam, and I have found Magix software to crash constantly. It does come with a lot of free stuff like instrument VST's and guitar amp emulators so that's cool.
  5. 2255594
    slava72 : Sun 24th Sep 2017 : 2 months ago Thanks for Reply,i probably got it(magix) wrong.249 is a steep price for me,who is only hobbist.Let as now later on how Ozone 7 is like,regads!
  6. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Sun 1st Oct 2017 : 2 months ago i use a free version of A.A.M.S automatic audio mastering system its got like 200 presets and covers almost every genres paticular type of sound however you do have to mix down yourself and export a file from your daw... and it only does tracks upto 4 min long... i try to master myself as best i can when i mix down, my favorite free vsts are MQ57 multiband mastering eq/ TDR kotelnikov compressor with mastering presets/ classic master limiter/ and i maximize with fruity multiband compressor preset and sometimes stack it with another one on the mastering preset along with a transient processor and vps Philta (bandpass filter/resonator) on the master chanel as well as compressing effecting widening and whatever else on the individual chanels, i can get it pritty close to the quality of the auto masterer, but the one thing that gets me is that no matter if i do or dont use the auto software my wave form is always big , some say when its too big its too loud, and i notice the way other peoples wave forms are and wonder about it but i do compress and everything else and so does the software, anyway im yet to figure out how to limit and maximize for optimum loudness and clarity without getting a big fat wave form..... does this happen to you with what you use? sorry i went off the subject a little...
  7. 1547231
    Lemonization : Sun 1st Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Ozone 7 Elements is quite often available as a special offer. I've seen it for less than £30 a few times and at that price it is well worth buying. It was on offer at http://www.timespace.com for £19.95 a little while ago. Unfortunately it looks like that offer has now ended as they are now out of stock unsurprisingly! But I'm sure there will be another offer sometime soon again so it's worth keeping an eye out.
  8. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 1st Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Considering I spent $249 for ozone standard and love it, and just use the presets anyway, if you can pick up elements for $30, it might be the only mastering tool you ever need, and it makes your tracks sound so much better.
  9. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Tue 10th Oct 2017 : 2 months ago Ozone 8 Standard is on sale for $199 at the iZotope website for the next 2-3 weeks. That is well worth making all of your tracks sound better.
Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track