M Audio Hammer 88 Vs Roland A88

Posts 1 - 2 of 2
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sun 3rd Sep 2017 : 6 months ago I saw this video on youtube Introducing Spectrasonics Keyscape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYbmxaBo-I&t=266s
    And my daughter was excited about being able to use this VST because she plays piano. But we have a cheap Casio ctk-593 keyboard, which doesn't even work well for getting good velocities for when I'm recording MIDI. So it looks like a keyboard/midi controller upgrade might be in order. I know that I want something with 88 fully-weighted, hammer-action keys, Controls for Pitch bend, modulation, volume and octave controls. In the Keyscape video in one of the comments it said that they were using a Roland a-88. But I balked at the $999 price tag. I did a little more digging and found the M-Audio Hammer 88 88-Hammer Action USB MIDI Controller for $399.
    So will I be disappointed with the M-Audio Hammer 88, or will it give me pretty much everything the Roland A-88 would have as a grow into music production and my daughter grows playing the piano?
  2. 1971422
    Justze3 : Sun 3rd Sep 2017 : 6 months ago Seeing as you're looking at upgrading from the Casio ctk-593 keyboard i highly recommend going with the M-Audio Hammer 88,I myself use M-audio Hardware and never ran into any issues with them,Also they're fairly affordable and built well iv'e dropped by axiom 49 a fair bit by accident lol and everything's still intact ..$999 is to steep of a price and a major jump from what you already have,
Posts 1 - 2 of 2

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track