Latency In Ableton

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 796294
    silverman : Tue 29th Aug 2017 : 1 year ago Any way I can deal with a latency problem?
    If I make a loop that is more or less a continuous sound I'm okay.
    If I try to do a stabbing sounds or say a base beat the midi doesn't play back the sound quite like played so not worth exporting as a wave file.
    Any ideas?
  2. 630386
    Unknown User : Tue 29th Aug 2017 : 1 year ago This is a common issue across all Digital Audio Workstations. First, ensure your Ableton Live Audio device is using 16 bit sound and not 24 bit Audio. Next, you will need to experiment with the "Samples Size" for the buffer settings in Ableton "Preferences..., Audio." Try dropping it to 128. Then initiate that Test Tone option. If it sound glitches then step up just one setting in the buffer "Samples Size" and test again. You want to use the lowest possible "Samples Size" in the buffer settings without things glitching and making noise artifacts during the test. SAVE when things sound clean, and get out of preferences. Now retry what you were doing musically and see if this makes a difference.

If you are using an external sound audio device with ASIO4ALL then other additional considerations should be made as well.
  3. 796294
    silverman : Wed 30th Aug 2017 : 1 year ago Thanks Joe I'll have a go at those things soon as I'm feeling a little better.
    Not well at the mo and just typing is very painful.
    Once again thanks.
Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Rock Track