Collab Post Spam - New Guidelines

Posts 1 - 20 of 20
  1. 1
    Looperman : Tue 15th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago While working together is something to be encouraged it should be remembered that the collaboration section of the forums is not a place to simply post worthless links to your profiles on other sites and encourage users to have no further interaction here.

An example of this would be a post like this

###
    I NEED A RAPPER

https://www.soundcloud.com/randomuser
    hmu on soundcloud
    ###

This type of post gives no useful information, does not explain what you are looking for, does not provide an example track, does not encourage debate or discussion in the forums and in most cases will end up with little or no replies.

There are already guidelines for using the forums that ask you to make your posts worthwhile, to make your posts worth reading etc

https://www.looperman.com/forum/guidelines

A worthwhile collaboration post would include a title that summarises your request and then at least a link to a track that you are working on and a description of what exactly you are looking for in those you wish to respond.

You should include information on the DAW you prefer to use (you should also make sure this is included in your profile)

You could also include information on where you are based in the world, other artists that inspire you, what you bring to the table and what you want from others.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against soundcloud, youtube, facebook, twitter or any other site out there. By all means use what you want, i do. I have absolutely nothing against anyone posting links to other sites. This is how the internet works after all. The only real issue is the posts where its clear that no real thought has been put into it.

At some point the collaboration section will be removed from the forums and ill make it simpler to both post requests and respond to them.

In a nutshell if you want something back you must first give a little. Dont just fly by, tag your request and head off again expecting others to follow.

If others have suggestions on how best to get people to work with you or recipes for successful collaboration then by all means post your thoughts here.
  2. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Tue 15th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Now you've gotten me thinking. It's been difficult communicating with my collaborator because they don't have their "contact me" enabled. I've been trying to communicate by responding to their comments on my tracks and that's not working well. What if we could create private collaboration areas where we would designate our collaborators. Then the system would notify them with an invite system message when they log in (if they can't be contacted via email). An email would be sent as well to them if they are email contactable. Then there would be a private discussion thread created for all collaborators in the project, and a place to privately upload any files, (project files, mp3's, .wav's, midi etc.). You could put a size limitation on this so it isn't abused. Once we have gotten the files to each other, we could use that space limit to share newer/other files. This would be collaboration nirvana!
  3. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Tue 15th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago I'm going to check out slack.com. Though it is geared toward business collaboration, it might work for what I described above. There is a free version of it.
  4. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Tue 15th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Excellent :D Keep up the good work Looperman.
    I like to use FB chat to communicate when doing collabs. Yahoo messenger works the same, we can chat in real time or leave messages that each can see as time permits, as life can be quite busy sometimes (hence why I haven't been very active lately). You can upload mp3 files to share ideas and I like to use Mediafire (pick your favorite file sharing site) for sharing large files like wave and the stems (individual track files) even zip files containing everything in the project.
  5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 15th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Great work Shan! One of these days there will be an outside agency, media poll, or some such governing internet body that hands out awards for the best audio community on the web and I have no doubt that you will be top of the list.
  6. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Slack looks sweet for free. You can privately share any file type, chat, have message boards. It even recognized what the mp3 file I uploaded was and let me play it from the site. Supposedly it also has voice and video calling but I couldn't figure out how to get that working yet. The rest was easy to figure out.
  7. 630386
    JosephFunk : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Coincidentally, Shan, I made mention of this exact thing a week prior to your post that I thought this was your policy all along. Now it's official. Cheers!
  8. 1
    Looperman : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago yes, its nothing new just thought it needed to be clarified in this particular situation before new posts get removed.

Im all for people using the forums to find people its just a case of making those posts worth reading. In the end it should be a win win situation as those posts may be more productive if the original poster makes more of an effort to start with.
  9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago I'm happy that the guidelines have been clarified. Hopefully it helps the forum be a little more consistently worth reading.
  10. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Did not work yet :)

kingvas808 : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 1 hour ago
    HMU on sound cloud

https://soundcloud.com/young-pierre-846970130
  11. 1
    Looperman : Wed 16th Aug 2017 : 3 months ago Hi Joe, yes, that one slipped into the bin
  12. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Hey there Shan, as of late it seems your spam guidelines are not working or maybe should be amended to include PHISHING blokes. That is people who come here offering, so called, amazingly free offers.

"But wait there's more" like they say on those late night infomercials. He promises to waive the $70.00 intro fee, give me a break! All done anonymously by email on this site.

Currently, this guy keeps trying to sell things here in the forums and it is getting quite annoying sir. Can you please do something about this? Thank you.
  13. 2137735
    Yeetnigga20 : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Joseph, just let him do him it doesnt matter, all i do is see you posting on the forums as well, lmao, like youre the cop of looperman, its annoying af, Focus on getting your trash loops better, instead of reporting everyone and talking crap, people are just trying to make money, and NOONE on here is obviously going to spend money, so stfu, and work on your terrible loops. I'm not even trying to bully honestly its just funny that all you do is play cop of looperman haha, thats whats "Quite annoying" to all of us lmao
  14. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago At least I got loops, a ha ha! And you don't. Make something first young man. All you kids today have no respect for the rules. This forum post is meant to bring awareness to to admin of this site. If no one speaks up I will. I have been making music and have owned a real recording labels before you were even thought of. I give an share on this site and you don't. What you say does not offend me, I have children too and I hear this crap like this from their friends so it does not phase me. People like you who have absolutely nothing to show for themselves are typically losers. They leach, take, and criticize everything but have nothing to show for themselves. Typically punks and losers. Let's see what you have and what you can do musically? Put up or shut up kid! I dare you!
  15. 2137735
    Yeetnigga20 : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago I dont post loops, I produce music on my own time, I use the forums to link up with other producers, and I always see your ass on here talking, lmao. put up or shut up? I make money everyday, i am signed to a label, I dont care what age you are, i honestly thought you were some 20 year old, i have a 4.0 gpa, im not a loser, I am signed to a record label at the age of 18, on a management deal, with a signing bonus, I produce, mix, master and record over my own music. its funny, I dont make little loops, sit behind a computer and jerk off all day, i go to this site a couple times a week to link up with other artists or producers, because i appreciate that someone would make a site like this. Its just your dumbass that everyone sees and thinks youre a pussy. Put up or shut up old bitch
  16. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Blah Blah Blah, I have a car, I live in my mothers basement, , I got a A++ on my SJW test last week at school,. I lost my virginity last week.
    No one cares Yeet(offensive word)20 your "credentials" mean squat in this argument.
    There are seasoned musicians on this site that could eat you for breakfast.
    This is a great site for people to come together and make great music. Which you seem to be trying to do. cool.
    This is not a great site to have fly by night sham artists try to sell you on how they can get you on the radio from there @google.com mail account with the first one being free. Pay Shan the AD fees if you want to advertise your spam crap. Thats the point Joe was making, and I agree with him 100% in this instance. You may not like Joe's opinion on other matters on this site and that's fine, but to attack his Artistry, and his presence on the site in the way you did shows an incredible lack of professionalism as a fellow"musician" who claims to be signed to a label and all your other accolades. (And great work BTW if you are signed @ 18, hopefully it's a good deal and not a pariah job we hear about so often)
    Think man.
  17. 2137735
    Yeetnigga20 : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Yea that's true, not professional on my end, lol. I'm not for the people putting there ads on here, it's the fact that this dude comments under every single one, obviously none of us are going to spend money on anything they're advertising lol, that was my point, and no, I had a lawyer look over my contract, nothing fishy, made sure it wasn't a 360 deal. And you said all this crap at the beginning " blah blah blah I made A+" like as if he didn't say that basically because I don't have loops uploaded, that means I'm typically a loser and a punk hahaha, that's why I was saying my credentials in my short line of work so far
  18. 630386
    JosephFunk : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago Thanks @Cru. I was not going to dignify those comments. I have a Business degree and Masters in technology. I have people who report to me at my job. I have to deal with a lot of immature people at work. As their boss I have to teach grown people how to work with each other because some of them lack common decency and respect for one another. They feel self important and entitled. They feel the world owes them everything but are not willing to work hard for it. They fail to understand what it means to be civilized, respectful and rational. They lash out like babies at a playground when they don't like something because they feel that's going to make them look strong or smart but the opposite is true.

As I said, I am totally unphased by childish talk and will not resort to such behavior. But I do invite you @Yeetnigga20 to share your talent with others because you seem to be very sure of yourself, and that's good, confidence is a good thing. Even locally I give, I record demos for local talent as well in my spare time. I try to find time to share my music loops here between making and recording tracks, and going to work, try that once in awhile. I do not engage in your illicit activity you spoke of @Yeetnigga20 because I have a job I report to and I even have time to help my own kids with their homework. Good Luck Man!
  19. 2137735
    Yeetnigga20 : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago "Not willing to work hard" how do you think I got signed in the first place, lol, nobody owes me anything, and I'm not entitled to anything either, and when I say my accomplishments, I only say them because you discredit it, because you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about haha. You discredit things because you obviously think everyone in our age group is the same, just because I'm calling you out because your a little baby who gets mad when someone post something for service for money on here, when ABSOLUTELY no one is going to pay them. You're obviously the idiot and immature one ahah
  20. 1
    Looperman : Thu 19th Oct 2017 : 1 month ago this post is now locked. treat each other with respect or dont post
Posts 1 - 20 of 20

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electronic Track