Moved To A New Server

Posts 1 - 14 of 14
  1. 1
    Looperman : Fri 21st Jul 2017 : 2 months ago So after a long period of sluggish load times and creaking disk drives I finally found some time to move us over to a new server.

Sorry for the amount of time the site has been offline on and off over the last few days and mainly this evening when the move was completed.

There is a surprising amount of data that has to get copied across any time we move and plenty of things that have to get installed and tweaked to get the things running in our new home.

hopefully just about all the files have moved across now. at this moment im doing a final sync to bring any stragglers over.

There are bound to be a few things that wont work right away but ill fix those as soon as i spot them. I have a few on my list already.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up and here to an improved service moving forward (fingers crossed)
  2. 1
    Looperman : Sat 22nd Jul 2017 : 2 months ago issues with uploads have now been resolved.

any more problems let me know in this thread
  3. 630386
    JosephFunk : Sat 22nd Jul 2017 : 2 months ago I have not noticed any problems today. In the past few days, I have been spending more time outdoors enjoying the nice weather I was having here during your upgrade. Logged into today, things are zipping along quite fast without the usual long lag time I became accustomed to. There is a better response and a better performance throughput I have noticed. Thanks for all of your hands on work there Mr. Shan! You can uncross those fingers now, no show stoppers to speak of. :-)
    Joe
  4. 1127123
    asidRn : Tue 25th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago i can't believe you keep this site free AND keep developing it to be better than it already is. absolutely insane! thank you! =)
  5. 1
    Looperman : Sat 29th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago just thought I'd bring this back up to get some feedback.

I've also activated http/2 for all browsers that are compatible (pretty much all modern ones). In a nutshell this will speed things up for you all.

Hopefully you should all be seeing much faster response times / page loads and with a bit of luck no more temporary loss of connection.

Let me know what you think and if you have experienced any problems
  6. 1099214
    eluterius : Sat 29th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago Thanks for all the good work!
  7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 20th Aug 2017 : 1 month ago I don't know if this is related, but I've been getting some odd behavior recently in the forums.

The main thing I noticed is that when a thread is responded to, you are returned to the first page of the thread, as opposed to the page where your response is.

This in itself isn't a big deal, except when there are problems with the message going through. This happened today on the "Is Looperman Dying" thread. I've started getting in the habit of going back to the page where the response should be, and it wasn't there. I tried a few more times, and still it did not send. There was no error message.
  8. 1
    Looperman : Sun 20th Aug 2017 : 1 month ago yeh this is a bug that i need to fix, unrelated to new server. ill make a note of it and sort it out
  9. 669751
    djoctx : Tue 22nd Aug 2017 : 1 month ago I noticed a problem, when I tried to upload a new acapella, when the upload is completed nothing happen and I'm redirected to the page for make a new upload.

I tried upload 3 times and the same thing happens.
  10. 1
    Looperman : Tue 22nd Aug 2017 : 1 month ago @djoctx if your filename is something like

i-love's-acapella's.mp3

rename it to

i-loves-acapellas.mp3

remove any special characters such as apostrophe. its being flagged as a security issue. something i need to work on.
  11. 669751
    djoctx : Wed 23rd Aug 2017 : 1 month ago Thanks dude it worked!!

Thanks for the good work on Looperman! :)
  12. 985556
    poolboypedro : Mon 4th Sep 2017 : 1 month ago hey Loop, this issue has been on my mind for the longest...

why can't we have our own custom passwords ?

i tend to come and go on this site and i always have a difficult time remembering my old self-automated password which is hard to remember.

been like that since the longest. thank you for your work.
  13. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Mon 4th Sep 2017 : 1 month ago @poolboypedro

Its already possible to change the password.

My profile -> My settings -> Change password

Cheers Martin
  14. 985556
    poolboypedro : Tue 5th Sep 2017 : 1 month ago alas ! thank you brotha !!

locked and loaded !!
Posts 1 - 14 of 14

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trance Track