Need Help Trying To Recreate A Preset

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1075030
    Vodnik : Fri 14th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago I'm alright at making patches myself, but If there is a place I can usually look to for help on a sound I can't figure out, Looperman is usually my go-to. Well, it is that time again.
    After frying my computer and finally getting back on track, my urge to produce has been stronger than ever.

I was recently listening to some older dubstep and came across a song with a bass that I love. I was hoping to be able to make said bass to be able to tweak and use it in a song, with no such luck. I'm looking for a fellow producer that can point me in the right direction or send me a preset that is similar to the one I'm trying to find/make (if you do send me a preset, Ill credit you in what I use it in).

So the sound I'm trying to get is that of a bass in Coffi's song "Got That Good"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV9XgOGtkF4
    The bass appears at 27 seconds and is used throughout.
    I have come up with presets that are vaguely similar, but nothing has the vocal-like quality that the bass in the song has.

TL;DR:
    Trying to figure out the vocaly bass useed throughout Coffi - Got That Good presets or tips are welcome, any help is appreciated.
  2. 630386
    JosephFunk : Sat 15th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago Where you can look is to the Virtual Instrument known as Serum. I heard something similar a while ago in a Serum library I have. I say Serum and not NI Massive because of the richer dedicated Wavetables, LFO's, and Noise modules Serum has. You will also need to be handy with a pitch bend wheel found on some midi based keyboards. You cannot and will not be able to find a preset sound for every sound you want or need. But some of Serum's presets do have some active automation and bending written into some of the third party presets. Learning how to do stuff like that yourself is your best bet.
  3. 690837
    SNTech : Sun 16th Jul 2017 : 2 months ago Sounds like a Massive sound that has been run through WOW and filtered w a high pass. It has that throaty vocal effect.
Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trance Track