Why Are Some Loops Bpm Adjustable And Others Are Not

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Tue 4th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago I've been putting some of the Looperman loops into Sonar Home studio and Magix Music Maker Premium. Some of them I can stretch their length so they repeat, and I can also adjust their bpm/tempo. However other loops I can't stretch and I can't adjust their tempo. Why is that, and how can I tell which ones will work like this? I thought it was .wav files were better than .oggs, but I've had some .wav files that didn't work either.
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 4th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago It all depends on the loop creator and the process of preparation. If a loop has tempo information embedded, then most DAW's will use it automatically. If not, then it depends on the DAW, as well as the accuracy of the loop length versus the original intended tempo.
  3. 630386
    JosephFunk : Tue 4th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago Here is a quick fix that will work most of the time.

The solution is to resample the audio file in the D.A.W. of your choice. Please take note of the BPM the looperman loop producer listed, hopefully the BPM listed is truly accurate. First, start up a blank new project in your DAW. Next, manually adjust your BPM to what looperman loop producer listed the BPM as. Then import that loop into your DAW. Set loop markers around the loop sample. Confirm once again that the BPM has not changed from the earlier manual setting and then do a "Save As..." or "Save Loop As..." and name it something different. Your newly resampled looperman sample should have file and tempo information info now added to it. Try importing your new resampled file into a project and try stretching it.

As always, this is not the only way to accomplish this, it also depends heavily on the listed BPM being accurate. Other methods include tapping out the BPM or using utilities such as the Chicken Systems Translator or Propellerhead Recycle.
  4. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Fri 7th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago @JosephFunk: Thanks for this! Worked like a charm. In fact when I dragged a loop onto a track in Magix Music Maker, it said that it couldn't find any BPM info in the file and asked if I wanted to run a wizard utility that actually detected the bpm for me. I did an export to .wav, and then Sonar also recognized the detected BPM.
  5. 630386
    JosephFunk : Sat 8th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago That's what we are all here for and that is, to make music, share music including loops, collabs, share ideas, and share knowledge. But a little self-promotion and making contacts is always a good thing too! Good Luck neuromancer56!

Joe
  6. 851137
    crucethus : Sat 8th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago Sometimes I use MIXX to determine a bpm of a wav file. Also Sound forge is still incredibly good at making acid loops that have all the Key and BPM info attached. And in acid you casn isolate a loop at take it out in soundforge and play around with it.
    Cru
  7. 2276282
    neuromancer56 : Sat 8th Jul 2017 : 1 year ago @Cru: I just bought a Steam bundle with Acid & Sound Forge and some other stuff. I'll have to check it out. Acid and Magix Music Maker have wizards that autodetect BPM which has worked pretty good for loops, but it usually will mark a 120 bpm loop up or down to 119.960 or something like that. I tried to mix a song I created in another tool in with some more loops, and the bpm was off just enough for everything to be messed up.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Trance Track