I Stand With MCR

Posts 1 - 16 of 16
  1. 851137
    crucethus : Sun 4th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Today I stand with Manchester!

Crucethus
  2. 1223101
    topclass : Sun 4th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago tbh i'm getting really fed up with all of this and these terrorists thinking they can do these atrocious acts and destroy other peoples lives

also i don't think we can keep on being too soft as a nation towards sick delusional people and i'm pretty sure this internet is inciting hatred and god only knows what else

i'm actually worried about what could happen next, as if you're not safe at going to a concert in Manchester and you are not safe in London on a night out then where are we safe

it's madness,i don't want to be worried but in a way i am a bit

please take care
  3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 4th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I concur, while I would dearly love to express my views on this subject (which are to the far far right of Adolf's) I'll respect the site's observance of not airing political grievances.
  4. 1223101
    topclass : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Well in that sense I'll say these final few words

Love one another and
    Long live Love Music and Peace
  5. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I think my opinions would be in the same category as PJB`s... and at least as far right...so for the same reason I will button my lip...but I do wish our politicians who seem to live a life that excludes logic based on reality would do what is necessary...in the meantime my heart goes out to those many poor souls who are the victims of the evil disguised as religion...
  6. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I STAND WITH CRU !
    We don't necessarily break the rules by offering support and showing compassion. Besides, this isn't political. Its the darkest, lowest form of humanity. Its a sickness and evil that needs to be dealt with.
  7. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Everything is political these days, you can't draw breath without it being political, you can't comment about anything without the fear of offending someone and herein lies the problem, but lets not get bogged down in semantics, I'm sure all members on this site are in agreement with Cru.
  8. 2144253
    Zivonmusic : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I feel like my views wouldn't be safe to state, so i'm just gonna say
    #PrayforManchester
  9. 796294
    silverman : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Funny thing is the lone wolf crazy is bullshit it turns out. How did the Yanks know who did it so quickly?
    It turns out that for twenty years our intel services have been looking after a very extreme Islamic bunch of crazies known as the Manchester boys and using them as they see fit.
    I think everyone should have a read written by the most respected jurno to ever work on these shores .... John Pilger.
    Before anyone says it no it isn't conspiracy stuff there's an inquiry to be held ...... http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-know
  10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago What exactly is meant by "I Stand With MCR?"
  11. 1223101
    topclass : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago it means I Stand With Manchster through these times of sadness and to stand together and be strong
  12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago So, I can only assume that this is some viral internet catch phrase or something. Am I wrong?
  13. 851137
    crucethus : Wed 7th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Yes, Spiv, you are very wrong.
    When I wrote that, I was watching the concert that Ariana Grande and special guests put on Live at the Old Trafford Cricket grounds in Manchester which raised $2 million in funds for the victims of this senseless tragedy. In the face of terrorism (designed to terrorize you into submission) These artists and fans came out and made a broad statement that they would not be dissuaded by terrorism to change how they lived there lives. A few years ago, a small community college (Manchester college) had contacted me and asked permission (granted) to use one of my songs for there technical schools graduation video. So I have a bit of a small yet significant connection to this city. Is it a catchphrase...yeah it is, but so be it. Like Boston Strong, or 9/11 or 7/7 or I am Charlie, it´s a way to try to connect to the people who have went through this and are trying to make sense of such a senseless act. I have no politics in saying I Stand with MCR other than to say I feel for the people. And quote the great Bertrand Russell.
    ¨ love is wise, hatred is foolish. In this world which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other, we have to learn to put up with the fact that some people say things that we don’t like. We can only live together in that way — and if we are to live together and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance, which is absolutely vital to the continuation of human life on this planet.¨

I lived in NY when 9/11 happened. I understand the feelings of anger and rage that bubble underneath our civilized veneer. I feel it too, but today I choose to stand with the people who choose to love and choose to live on. Simply a choice.
    Steve
  14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 7th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Okay, I hear you crucethus.

The thing that I can reliably say is this... Loving one another, that's great. To "not be dissuaded by terrorism to change how they lived their lives" - Not so universal. Possibly it is a privilege of certain classes or locations, but here we have simply no option to change how we live our lives. When terror has been used as an excuse to degrade human rights, as well as to suck the last bit of war machine resources from the world, then there is no possibility of living how we used to. Any possibility has been given up by the people and the powers, and flushed like last week's medication.

To me "standing" for something will by default require us to change how we live our lives. This does not take into account any political, religious, or racial affiliations - it will have to be everyone.
  15. 1041668
    wikkid : Wed 7th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago One Love, UK.
    Not gonna derail or highjack the thread by pontificating, but yeah, I STAND WITH MANCHESTER and LONDON.

Thanks for this thread Cru.
  16. 1245534
    VirginiaSlimm : Sun 25th Jun 2017 : 11 months ago I expect we will see more crimes like those every summer. I think we have to learn to accept that there is an overlay of dirty international civil war going on all around us, all the time. It sucks, but that's what's happening imo. Not sure if there is a solution other than to "keep on living" and not let fear destroy our cores.
Posts 1 - 16 of 16

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track