What Is The Best Music Software You Have Used

Posts 1 - 20 of 20
  1. 1223101
    topclass : Sat 3rd Jun 2017 : 1 year ago i was just thinking just now about all the many different music mixing softwares available and what ones have you used and what did you like and dislike about them
    and what you use now

in the past i did try using FL Studio but i got confused on how to use it properly and then i went on to use Magix which was ok but in the past i had a lot of crashing issues with that but i found it easier to use and understand and then i tried with Sony Acid which i kinda like and i use of now
  2. 585633
    topvega : Sat 3rd Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I have been using Reaper for years. Best part it is that a fully functional version can be downloaded for free so you can try it out and see if you like it. http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

There are plenty of videos on Youtube to get you started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdO2YvzKLm0

It really is versatile and even handles video.
  3. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Sun 4th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I'm with TV, Reaper! Free to dl and use as long as you like.
  4. 1547231
    Lemonization : Mon 5th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Same here, Reaper is excellent anyway but even more so given the price compared to other DAWs.
  5. 1783701
    Auver : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago FL Studio for me. I've tried Ableton and several others, but none have a the visuals nor the workflow that fits the best with me like FL does. Plus free updates for life!
  6. 1971422
    Justze3 : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Fll 11,Tried other common Daws but the work flow in Fl11 is much easier,and faster for me
  7. 1
    Looperman : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I always recommend reaper to everyone not only due to the fact that you can use it without cost but its also a fully featured DAW and Ive used it for years to check loops.
  8. 1547231
    Lemonization : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago I have only one real complaint with Reaper and that is that it doesn't allow you to add an FX chain to a group of tracks such as by folder (NOT the master track as I don't want it on everything!), so if I want to add a chain to a vocal spread across multiple tracks for instance (which I often do), I have to add it separately for each one - that's annoying!

I'd be interested if a) you can actually do it in Reaper and I just hadn't worked it out (and I did try researching and the answer came back as "it's not possible") and b) if you can do this on other DAWs. I wouldn't switch because of it (probably) but I'm interested to know anyway. Thanks!
  9. 680904
    DRAGOIMIHAI : Tue 6th Jun 2017 : 1 year ago Ableton Live.
    I am now using Fl studio to colaborate whith a friend I used Reason,Cubase,Fl Studio and ableton live(wichis my favorite for many reasons(workflow especialy)). i would chose Ableton
  10. 2532697
    sbelver : Thu 22nd Feb 2018 : 6 months ago I guess that my main DAW is Ableton and this is because it fits my style.

It´s not the DAW, you only need something to learn :D
  11. 2272761
    JoeyJoos : Thu 22nd Feb 2018 : 6 months ago I personally prefer logic pro x. This is because I learned on GarageBand so it was easy to transition
  12. 2627396
    lucidrainx : Sat 17th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago I like Bitwig because it seems very intuitive to me and I can make things really quick and fast. It's also cross-platform so I don't have to worry about what operating system I'm on (Debian based right now). I've tried Ableton several times, but something about it just didn't really mix well with me.
  13. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sat 17th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago I'm on ProTools because I haven't got a choice. Been with it for a long time but I mainly edit, record and mix. I'm extremely fast with it and wouldn't change it but if I'd need to change I'd probably go with Reaper.

They are all great as I've worked with FL Studio,Reason, Cubase,Logic, Ableton but in the end I still liked Protools more. Pick any daw really and just learn it really well.
  14. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Sat 17th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago I used FL Studio for years and have switched to Reaper for the last 3 months, I really like both a lot, but Reaper seems to work best for what I do. I would suggest checking out some demos and see what you like.

Kyle
  15. 2158587
    Audioendo : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago simple for me really, Pro Tools
  16. 1564425
    rasputin1963 : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago I've used Cakewalk SONAR for about 15 years now. Yes, I know the company is defunct, and possibly being bought-out by someone else, but there are just many things SONAR can do easily that others cannot. I like the logic of its layout. SONAR also does not assume, like other DAWs do, that all work you will be doing... is with loops alone.

I have tried working with FL, and I rather felt it was aimed more at amateurs... They prefer to use cute and trendy designations... rather than teaching the user the hard science and proper terminology of audio and acoustics. Just my 0.02

As Mahloo states, above, the best thing is to pick one DAW and master it, 'til you know it inside-and-out.
  17. 2507295
    retrocrushLM : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago Studio One - Content of Retro Crush
  18. 2584478
    FuzenKurai : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago Personally I use Ableton Live, but I've heard a lot of good things about both Reaper and FL. I'd recommend just going with whatever suits you best.
  19. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago I have used FL Studio since it was just Fruity Loops. Up until v12 I have loved every minute of it. Now, finally with v12.9.3 Beta 4, they have finally equalled and surpassed any previous version. I can do things easily that were never possible before. Finally in love with FL again, after fearing I would have to change up my DAW.
  20. 2584478
    FuzenKurai : Sun 18th Mar 2018 : 6 months ago FL at it again with those elusive updates. FL is hard to beat.
Posts 1 - 20 of 20

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track