Adult Content

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 796294
    silverman : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago ...

If I see those words I choose not to listen to it okay.
    You get a polite explanation but it seems that's not enough for some.
    So to save the bother of having to explain again and again here's the reply some arse just got in my "Don't Go Into The Night track" replies. Get this straight Einstein ... I made nothing up.
    I explained why I cannot comment it's because I don't listen if I see ADULT CONTENT. I never heard your track because of that. I was polite but I don't have to be.
    Even offered you up an adult content song from 83 years ago. I've taken and shifted more illegal drugs than you'll see if you live to be a hundred. I've done some pretty tough prisons even involved in a riot. I have children to three different women ... want more?
    I have choice and I choose not to listen to that usually juvenile stuff okay? You might be the best musician on the planet but I won't get to hear it will I. I won't be losing sleep over it................

I don't expect him to understand choice somehow. How can an adult possibly make such a choice!!!!
  2. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago I don`t hit play on Adult Content either silverman...considering the number of words available in the language and my attitude towards music I just take it as a song by someone who has a limited command of the language,is immature or is trying to act cool...I have too much fun with the things about music that are good for the soul so I don`t care to listen to the cool dudes using put-downs...and my language in other situations has diverted from the dictionary millions of times...You are probably right..they wont understand and some will resort to the usual name calling that confirms what you thought....keep on mate....
  3. 796294
    silverman : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago By the way I've been Mister respectable for the last thirty years.
    Nice to know I'm not the only one who makes a choice as to what I listen too.
  4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago While it doesn't particularly bother me that some people use profanity in their music after all it's their choice how they present themselves similarly it's the listener's choice to choose whether to access that material, so it's good that there's an adult content disclaimer...However what gets right up my nose is when someone uses the track review facility to an abusive end, it's just disrespectful and taints what otherwise was a constructive endeavour.
  5. 286604
    Crypt : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago I'm sorry but I find that kind of mentality really pretentious and "better than you." Especially if you consider that "Adult Content" doesn't always equate to profanity. If it's harsh language you're concerned about just read the songs lyrics before delving into the song. Not that difficult.
  6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago I don't believe that an "adult content" word is instantly abusive, especially towards an entire group of people, such as some words which are not considered "adult content" but which are poorly aimed at entire races, generations, genders, or whatever. I can think of a few of the top of my head - terrorist, millennial, mommy, daddy, liberal, salad-eater, pig... the list goes on. These are words which I have used against others, or which have been used against me, scathingly - and are not included in adult content. I have heard a ton of songs which are offensive to one person/group or another, yet which do not contain "adult content."

It is all subjective, and "adult content" is intended to protect ones children or themselves, however they see fit. There is no problem with having the tag at all, and I value it as a warning. I also do not always use it simply for
    "cuss" words in the lyrics, but mature content such as things listed above.

There is nothing wrong with being protective of family or self, and you have the right to do it (within the boundaries of the LAW of course).
  7. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago @Crypt..so I take it that having a preference in the musical content we choose to listen or not listen to makes our choice invalid and reflects some kind of superior attitude?...I hadn`t been aware that we were all to listen to everything others consider good music....woops.....Ed
  8. 796294
    silverman : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago Even easier than reading the lyrics is see the adult content and pass it by.
    That's why it's there.
    Why do you see people who like to make a choice as being better than you?
    I just don't want fuck etc in my headphones it's that simple.
    Some people have the word in every song and that's fine by me.
    I'm not complaining.
    I also don't listen to boy band music because that too is my choice.
    I have the decency to apologise that I won't be returning the favour of leaving comments on the other persons track.
    Where's the problem?
  9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 25th May 2017 : 1 year ago If we can only get a Boy Band universal filter, now we're talking!...This whole thread is centred around choice, surely that's a good thing, to have a choice....now if we removed certain words like mofo,hoe,the fword,the nword etc there'a a certain genre that would suddenly have no lyrics at all.
  10. 796294
    silverman : Fri 26th May 2017 : 1 year ago PJB You're living dangerously!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Heavy Metal Track