How To Figure Out The Key Of My Loops

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 1929922
    Alabafruit : Sat 25th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

Hi ,
    yes!...another Question (O_0)
    I have no idea about Music Theory but I want set the key of my Loops because many People asking me but Im dont know. Im using Fl Studio , Magix and Audacity is it possible to figure out the key with These Programms. I make all my Loops in Fl so where I can see the key?...or must I do it all by ear And must I learn Notes , Chords etc. I dont even know if its possible by ear. xD

Thanks , Alabafruit

2. 1819633
    acesmith : Sun 26th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

You have to learn what notes are in which keys and then apply it. What you really should be doing is finding a key and working from there by using notes from that key to make your loops.

3. 1971422
    Justze3 : Sun 26th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

if you still have the flp that the said loop is from,then you can easily open the piano roll your loop is in,easiest way to find the key is bass note,so look for the bottom key of said loop,fl has the option to see which key your note is in should be somthing along the lines C,E,D# etc

4. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sun 26th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

In piano roll you should have the option to set the key (scale) or chord. That way only the notes in that scale or chord will be available. This will work for your future loops. It is possible with some practice, to figure it out by ear. If you know the notes used in your loops you can do a google search for the scale/key as well. There's also software like Melodyne (not free) that will tell you the notes/scale. I believe there's also a way in FL to determine the key, but I'm not familiar with fl. Spivkurl could answer that. Reaper has a scale finder if you know the notes used.

5. 1929922
    Alabafruit : Mon 27th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

Thank you guys! I will try to set notes/chords in the future or find the bass notes in fl it will help a lot.

Im just to lazy to learn notes...it´s only a Hobby and fun
    I dont want to learn something for it xD... or Im just learning by doing anyway Thanks!

6. 1349611
    NeilGeorge : Tue 28th Feb 2017 : 2 years ago

Learning by doing is a fantastic way to learn. I played guitar for 2 years before going back and learning music theory. Keep at it and learn at your own pace. This site is awesome for getting good/correct answers to things.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads