Some People Just Simply Cannot Sing

Posts 1 - 22 of 22
  1. 1838355
    samaskew20011 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I'm going to get a lot of hate for this....

I've been coming to Looperman for almost a year, I think. Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE this site and its people. However, in the acapella section, there are a few problems, in my opinion. I've noticed that some people just flat out can't sing. I'm not naming any specific names, but I think you all know who I'm talking about. People like this fill up the acapella section with vocals that simply don't sound good. And when I say fill, I mean FILL. It's like 5 or 6 PER DAY. Whether it's their vocals, or the horrid white noise in the background, it's terrible. I just wish that the people that put up their vocals, actually take that time to clean up the acapella and actually take a hint that no one wants it. (Especially if it only has like 22 downloads and 0 comments.) Feel free to comment what you think. Agree or Disagree?
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Disagree. These people are offering something for free, while at the same time honing their craft. If someone does not like it, then they are just as free not to use it or download it.

You cite an acapella having 22 downloads and zero comments. Instead of starting this thread, you could have a made a comment or two. If you feel that you know how they could do better, then you could try to help them, instead of complaining about something offered for free.

I may sound "dicky," but threads show up every now and then which essentially complain about having too many tracks/loops/acapellas available. This seems simply silly as heck, since none of us are paying for this massive amount of content.
  3. 1838355
    samaskew20011 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago You bring up really good points. I didn't even THINK about the fact that it's all free! And, no. You don't sound "dicky."
  4. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I can't sing :p Everyone has to start somewhere so appreciate what they have to offer like it or not. Don't like it? Don't use it. Spiv nailed it, how about offering your opinion to try and help.
  5. 1838355
    samaskew20011 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Yes, He did nail it. I honestly now regret creating this thread because I realize how dead wrong I was
  6. 951439
    Evisma : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I agree and disagree.

I agree that there are a lot of unusable files (to my ear) being uploaded, but that is just me. My opinion means shit. There are some talented loopers on here that can manipulate an awful sound and make it awesome. Maybe the accapellas you think are so shitty can be sampled from and used a different way.

99 percent of the music and loops on this site are not what I'm into, but I know that I'm here to cherry pick. You wouldn't go into a store selling vinyl's and bitch about all the ABBA. No, you'd giggle, shake your head and keep flipping through the crate till you find the BTO you were looking for.

I understand the complaint. I've thought it myself several times. But like Mr. Kurl said, a comment to the individual with constructive feedback and ways to improve is a more proper course than public shaming.

Unless your goal is to just be a dick.
  7. 1838355
    samaskew20011 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago That was not my goal at all. And I completely understand where you coming from. I'm very picky when it comes to loops and acapellas, so that's why, I think, I feel this way.
  8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I guess that what I'm getting at is this - If it weren't for this awesome, free, and fairly self maintaining community, then many of these aspiring vocalists may be resigned to singing in the shower. There is nothing wrong with that, but it can also be very encouraging to show what you've done to the world. The lack of comments does not necessarily mean that no one has used the acapella. More, it shows how many people will simply leach what they want and then move on. These are a lot of users of the site who simply do not communicate or get involved, for better or worse. I figure, if even one person out of those 22 who downloaded the file use it creatively, then it is better than a singer who never is heard.
  9. 1838355
    samaskew20011 : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Really well said, Spivkurl.
  10. 847669
    EricMilligan : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I think it is true that Looperman would certainly benefit by having more acapella contributions. Like all of you, I pick and choose.

Although my overall impression is that there's only a small fraction that I considerable suitable for the kind of stuff I do, when I think about it I've actually downloaded quite a lot of pellas that I thought I might be able to work with. Fact is, most of them are sitting in a folder on my hard drive waiting for me to get inspired.

I have much more material from Looperman than I'll ever be able to use. If I was in to making hip hop/rap tracks I have a whole lot more waiting for me.

I think my attitude toward the pellas is pretty much the same as the way I feel about the tracks that members post here on LM. They (including my own) are of variable quality and interest but at least we are being creative and working on something we obviously love doing. And we are sharing and making an attempt to help other members of the community, even if it is just providing some acknowledgement of their effort and a bit of positive feedback.

That's what's really important.

Don't feel bad about starting this thread. I think it was good for us to rediscover and reaffirm the value of the Looperman community. I wonder sometimes if that is taken for granted.
  11. 951439
    Evisma : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Not intending to dogpile. Spiv's comment was the only response when I started typing. Most of the time, people who bitch about the site continue to bitch, no matter what is said or explained to them. You quickly acknowledged the different opinions and gave them credit. A rare thing. Good on you. It shows open-mindedness.
    Again, you were not wrong.
  12. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago @Sam..firstly it's vary rare that anyone actually gets any 'hate' on this site, another useless euphemism concocted by the burgeoning hordes of urban culture! (haha)..Don't be apologetic for voicing your opinions but I agree it would serve you better to place them as a comment on acapellas you find below par.
    @Evisma.. I hated Abba and I mean really 'hated' them back in the day! but surprisingly I quite like them now having realised over time how professionally crafted and populist their music is..plus I always wanted to shag Anni-Frid! haha
  13. 1041668
    wikkid : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Hi samaskew20011,

Singing is subjective.
    Looperman has acapella's from all over the world, and I for one am grateful to be able to listen to so many diverse voices, from singers of all age groups.

I have to say that phatkatz4's comment of "Everybody has to start somewhere" is so true. Perhaps Looperman is the starting point for many aspiring singers, whether vocalizing just as a fun hobby or something they're aiming for as a career.

And I also agree that you've shown true character by your reasonable replies in this thread. That attitude will serve you well :)
  14. 620897
    RameyRae : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I won't upload anything until my mic. I have concepts thrown up but aren't mixed very freestyle lol

It's a free service and I do get as artists we know certain aspects of our lives do not define us yet we are allowing our capabilities to do so? It's a community. Our community right? We keep it going by contribution..

Let's support each other!

Keep rocking,
    -Ramey J
  15. 615760
    Djmzike : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I hope the content I create is usable and appealing to hear!
    I understand as a producers stand point tho.
  16. 951439
    Evisma : Fri 17th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Let it be known by all that Dave likes ABBA.
  17. 589130
    Spd2 : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago 'Let it be known by all that Dave likes ABBA'

Hahaha!! Could be worse (Yoko Ono, Englebert Humpherdink) XD.
  18. 951439
    Evisma : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago If it was Bjork, it would be unforgivable.

Dave gets a pass this time, but he's walking a fine line. When he starts supporting Kesha, there will be an intervention.
  19. 851137
    crucethus : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I like Abba (completely agree with Dave about the songwriting), I like Bjork, and I can tolerate Yoko Ono (thin ice) when she was remixed by Peter Rauhoffer, Nothing wrong with that!
    Ever!
    Steve
  20. 2149535
    ZanyRecords : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago I have found quite a few in the past. However, since I've rejoined the website, I event looked at the accapella section. Perhaps a skill sub-category may remedy this? Or experience (how long have you been singing). This would assist in organization, I feel.
  21. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Ybl0Qvves :p Encourage one another, that's what makes this such a great community. Practice makes perfect, even if it doesn't just have fun, that's what matters... Enough sub catergories already.
  22. 2149535
    ZanyRecords : Sat 18th Feb 2017 : 4 months ago Fair enough. You are correct, that IS what makes this such a wonderful community - providing constructive feedback, and being able to feed off of each other. More importantly, LEARN from one another! Practice won't make perfection. It will, however, make gradual improvement. It takes time and patience to develop a good singing voice - good lord knows I need lessons. Hence why I make hiphop music! :D

OH DEAR LORD I JUST STARTED WATCHING THE VIDEO AND GOT TO NUMBER 9'S FANTASTIC HIGH NOTE LOL
Posts 1 - 22 of 22

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Reggae Track