Crossfade Audio Clips In FL Studio

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Sat 21st Jan 2017 : 5 months ago Hey,

Hopefully I can make this make sense. So I'm recording a guitar part for my new track, I have recorded a verse, chorus, and bridge. They are not loops but I want to use them to piece together the song. If I left click the upper left hand corner of the clip in the playlist I am able to get a menu that gives me the option to crossfade. I am able to do this through out the track and it sounds great, however I have a few clips left at the end that no longer give me the option to crossfade, when it get to the new clip that needs to be crossfaded it just stops playing the guitar even though the clip is there. I am super aggravated because it worked fine with the same clips earlier in the track. Does anyone have tips as what I am doing wrong. I appreciate the help!

Kyle
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 22nd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago It is possible that the problem you are experiencing is due to duplicate clips retaining the earlier crossfade setup. Not 100% sure though. You may be able to right click the clip and "make unique" to get around the issue.

Another option is to crossfade more manually, by right clicking the clip and "automate-volume." Then you can adjust the fade in and out time and curve. You may still need to use the "make unique" option for duplicate clips though.
  3. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Sun 22nd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago Thanks for the information, I tried your suggestions on making the clip unique, it still didn't work. The way I was doing it is extremely easy a time effective, still confused why its not working, I tried it on other tracks as well and its sporadic at best. I ended up manually crossfading the parts that I needed, not painful but painful in comparison. Anyway thanks again.
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 22nd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago I guess I never ever use the crossfade function in FL. I rarely need to crossfade, but when I do it is with automation. This way is nice, since it is the same whether pattern clips or audio clips, and the same automation can be routed to different parameters or channels simultaneously. It allows concise fading of fragments of a mix, very fine in movement when different formulas are used for the different parameters.
  5. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 23rd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago I experienced the same issue when I started using FL studio. I quickly adapted the manual method for volume fading in and out as Spiv has described. Its usually a result of the volume being cut off or reduced from the previous insert of the particular audio clip.
  6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 23rd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago If you are using "make unique" and still having issues, then the odds are you are dealing with sliced or shortened sections of longer clips. These clips, while appearing in the playlist as short, are actually a representation of the entire audio clip. If you can drag out the right side, and extend it to the full clip, then this is the case.

Try "make unique as sample" instead, as I think that makes it just the chopped section, although I'm not 100% sure.

Between using edison to pre-cut the areas I want before dropping in the playlist, and using the updated loop recording, I rarely end up in this situation. I've tried to get away from crossfading in general, no matter what the method, as it always seems to be very apparent in the final product.
  7. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Mon 23rd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago Spikurl, I am the same way, this is actually the first time that I have tried to crossfade, I usually just make sure everything flows naturally or record until it does, this time I was trying something different. I will stick with my old way of doing things.
  8. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 23rd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago When you select "make unique" in the playlist from an audio clip you are creating a new unique 'reference' to the original audio clip, not a new unique audio clip. However you can select this new reference and assign it to a new mixer track and process it differently from the other clips.The make unique feature is useful in some circumstances, but in the case of large audio clips its not advisable. Your much better off editing in edison as Spiv suggests and save as...then drag into project.
  9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 23rd Jan 2017 : 5 months ago Really, if you set up a custom data folder for the project, then there is no need to "save as" in edison. The audio clip will be placed in the project folder as soon as you drag it to the playlist or channel rack, and it will take the name of whatever you type into the "sample properties" window.
Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Reggae Track