Building A Following Fan Base

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1971422
    Justze3 : Sat 21st Jan 2017 : 2 years ago

really need tips/help with this,i want to build a fan base of Artist/producers (Mainly in rnb,hiphop genre) and eventually start selling music/instrumentals etc in the near future

can anyone with experience help,or drop some knowledge,thank you

2. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Sat 21st Jan 2017 : 2 years ago

hi :) im in the same boat as you, i would like to do the same thing, the founder of a group im in on another site is a working producer in america with many contacts and much experience, he suggested to me to hook up with aspiring and new and upcoming vocalists\rappers by searching them out on twitter and instagram, so far the only interaction ive had has been on bandlab.com i 2 rappers have put lyrics to my beats and one actually asked me for another so id recomend trying that as a start, i dont really know much else ive only been at it for about 6 months, if you have a specific question you like me to ask my producer buddy for you let me know and ill get an answer for you, lord knows it will help me aswell as you :) @Alpha_19_echo on bandlab

3. 1041668
    wikkid : Sat 21st Jan 2017 : 2 years ago

The internet just ate my long winded, information filled post to you **SIGH**

You've already got a fan base on here :), but I understand what you're saying.

So I'll just say, keep it simple. Don't hook up with a large group, get stuff in writing, copyright the whole song, listing who did what, to keep it fair (that's so no one can try to separate the lyrics from the music and screw one or both of creators with a side deal).

If you can't find someone locally to work with you, then Looperman is a great site to find vocalists who write lyrics for the music genre you're in **farisha** cough **farisha**

I'll be putting up some songs shortly using loops from JosephFunk, Minor2Go, Rasputin1963, and a track by MelodicDreamer, so if you think I can do your music justice, then its a fifty-fifty split, in writing. We both sign the copyright. It's a partnership for that particular song. Same thing goes for the musicians I just mentioned. Sometimes the loop inspired the song, or maybe I already had the song and thought their music was better than what I'd originally created. Either way, its 50/50.

I've checked out your work and know how good you are. Now its my job to show you how I can compliment your work.
    Much respect.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.