Predator 2

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago Does anyone out there have Predator 2 and if so, is it any good? I've found hardly any reviews of it so far and certainly none on any website I regard as a reliable review source.

Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. 1509432
    Diskonnect : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago Its ok if you have nothing else to watch, the first one is better tho ;)
  3. 1547231
    Lemonization : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago As soon as I'd posted that I realised I'd should've said no movie jokes. Too late now though :o)
  4. 1509432
    Diskonnect : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago In all seriousness I'd check out YouTube for some vids on the vst, then you can make your own mind up about it. I've heard good things about most of Rob Papen's stuff but never used it myself.
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago Better yet, just sample from the film... heh
  6. 337508
    subSpace : Wed 18th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago i have predator 2 its very good indeed
  7. 1547231
    Lemonization : Thu 19th Jan 2017 : 6 months ago There's actually surprisingly little on YouTube about it either if you disregard videos from the places trying to flog it. It's probably not a good indicator (or maybe it is I don't know) but I did buy Predator Player a while back as it was on offer and though I knew patch editing was extremely limited (hence it's cheapness!) the actual sound quality of the patches wasn't great either so that has kinda put me off.

Thanks to everyone who's responded though.
  8. 1547231
    Lemonization : Sun 5th Feb 2017 : 5 months ago If anyone's interested, I have found a review for Predator 2 on a trustworthy site:

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/rob-papen-predator-2-646590

May have to dip into the wallet for this at some point in the not too distant future.
  9. 476063
    2ndMOUSE : Thu 16th Mar 2017 : 4 months ago Its not bad. Its no albino. That synth was the bomb and they discontinued it and I've no idea why.

Predator 2 has 6,500 presets so it has a wide variety. To me, it sounds a little on the thin side in regards to its oscillators, and I prefer the sound of Native Instruments or U-He synths.
    Its good for leads, pads and things that sit in the mid to upper range, but it doesn't really have the weight for bass sounds.
  10. 1547231
    Lemonization : Thu 16th Mar 2017 : 4 months ago I actually ended up buying Predator 2 but only because I got a discount because I already had Predator Player (which I also got at a discount so that worked out alright). I have to say I agree with you. I've not been overly impressed by it if I'm honest and the UI definitely has room for improvement. If I hadn't got it at the price I did I would've been pretty disappointed but for the price I did pay (approx £40 I think) it's... ok. I've used it a bit but my main go to synths remain Serum and Omnisphere for now.
  11. 476063
    2ndMOUSE : Fri 17th Mar 2017 : 4 months ago Check out U-He Hive too. Its a beauty !!
  12. 2158587
    Audioendo : Fri 17th Mar 2017 : 4 months ago I am going to do the trial on this plug soon... great question. I currently have been doing the trial of the Blue2 plug and that thing is legit as well. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET THE ALBINO PLUG (discontinued) PLEASE, shoot me a msg.
  13. 476063
    2ndMOUSE : Fri 17th Mar 2017 : 4 months ago I've tried getting the albino. I offered to buy it even though I know its discontinued and I would have no support or anything, but they won't sell it to me. I demo'd it but by the time I got the money together to buy it, it was gone.
    I was told by Rob Papen that predator is albino on steroids and it can do anything albino did, but predator sounds thin and abrasive to me, and albino sounded warm and more rounded, so I gotta disagree.
    I haven't tested it that much to be honest, but what I have heard, doesn't impress me a whole lot.
    U-He ACE, Bazille and Hive sound much better, much phatter , bigger, warmer, punchier.
Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track