What Is A Plugin You Wish Existed But Doesnt

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 1865741
    AV3 : Thu 15th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago There's soo many plugins out there, synthesizers, multi effect, equalizers, arpeggiators but what is one you wish existed?
  2. 1936235
    Unknown User : Thu 15th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago Some plugin making it possible to attach my brains directly to the DAW. It would save time and a mouse arm.. :-)
  3. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago I've had this plugin idea for a little while now..

I thought of it when I tried to use some one shots that come with sample packs...

The problem with one shots - they can't be used effectively across octaves because the further away from the root key the sample is played, the more/less the waveform gets stretched and distorts the sound..

A sampler capable of reading the wav and pitching up/down without stretching the sample would be a god send.
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago WongKiShoo... it sound like you simply need to start embedding sustain loops and root notes in your one shots. That is all it takes. The stretching is inevitable, due to the nature of recorded waveforms (the only way to change the pitch is to change the wavelength).

This thread made me think more about the topic - "What Is A Plugin You Wish Didn't Exist But Does?" The first thing that comes to mind is something like Superior Drummer, but I think that's just me.
  5. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago @Spivkurl, What? Say isn't so my friend. Superior Drummer? I thought you would of said maybe Refx Nexus or something. Although I respect your opinion, Toontrack's Superior Drummer is leading the way with a couple of others when it comes to Drums. They got the mixer, the send and routing abilities, excellent mapping, FXS, EQ, Compressor, gating, low and high pass filters, tons of midi grooves, and recorded in a real studio with industry experienced drummers with an obscene number of mics and mic placements in a 20+ GB database. I must admit, the earlier versions were not that good. I am wondering what kind of grievance do have with them, just curious, no harm, no fowl. But nothing can replace a living human drummer, nothing.
  6. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago @spiv - in theory, I *could* take the one shot and individually pitch each note up/down properly without stretching (maybe in melodyne or something), save them, then assign each note to their respective positions on a sampler - effectively making an instrument out of it...

However, that would take forever and a day...

Maybe there already IS something out there that does this automatically.. if there is, I'd love to know about it??

If there isn't, I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up by any developers...

In fact.. I'm gonna email native instruments right now and tell them to make it xD
  7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago @Joe... My grievance with Superior Drummer is completely based on the results I've heard (knowingly). Their market seems completely based on individuals wishing to replicate the performance of a real drummer, and the result is pretty much always transparent (in the bad way). Possibly it is their post FX, or maybe it is the focus on layering... I don't know, but it always sounds like phasing noisy junk. I'd have to say that most rompler type instruments are in the same category... though some are above others in experience of use.
  8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago @WongKiShoo - Sample Robot can and does automatically add loop points and stuff, with varying results depending on the subject matter... It's not a plugin though, but a standalone application for sampling gear. However, I have found that there is no substitute for creating loop points by hand.

A multisample is not always necessary for good results. I often use a single one shot across a decent range. As long as the loop point is set to sound right, and the root note is perfectly tuned, then the sample will sound pretty cool as an instrument.

I really think that plugins have removed much of the energy directed into creation of music, and this is an extremely bad thing. Music is, in essence, energy. Energy heals, spreads, and can destroy barriers. The energy available in the outlet in our wall is finite... the energy within each of us is not.
  9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago I'm a bit like Spiv in my thinking..I really want a drum application (for want of a better term than plugin) that doesn't rely on normal rompler behaviour and sounds like every other drum rompler out there, ideally it would be semi sentient and have independent input apart from mine (like most drummers,lol) why don't I just get a real drummer you may ask well I would but they cost a lot to feed and drum kits take up a lot of room ,are very labour intensive to record, learn the drums you may say...it would drive my neighbours mad.
  10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 16th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago PJB has it. The drums are in the hitting.
  11. 1936235
    Unknown User : Sat 17th Dec 2016 : 1 year ago I think a plugin with drums always is and will be too limited... Me myself I prefer samples and tweaking them...

Sometimes I hear a nice sound in the plugins I found.. 1 of the whole set..
Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track