Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Remix Madman By MADCAT

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Sat 26th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Hello all,

I recently finished my Madman EP and wanted a few more tracks to put on the album so I decided, hey, what better way to have more songs than to let this awesome and talented community go completely ham on them?

These remixes will be featured on my soundcloud and FOR SALE on my band camp, so if you do decide to upload your remix to soundcloud or another site, DO NOT MAKE IT A FREE DOWNLOAD.

The original song can be heard here: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/181300

The stems can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/831xhxclt1jvja0/AAAmZiS9vN5ClX6gnAH0egVya?dl=0

Have fun and don't forget to send me the finished product at

-MADCAT

NOTE: Not everybody's track will get featured or go on the album. And please send me an uncompressed file; as a .aif, .wav, lossless, or .flac.

2. 1696646
    noahdoesmusic : Mon 28th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

What's the deadline? and will remixers get a portion of the money from each sale of their remix (i'm fine with remixing it for free, just wondering)

3. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Mon 28th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

First off, I don't have a solid deadline in mind.

Honestly, I'm kind of hurting for money, and I actually haven't made a single sale on my band camp even though I sell all my songs for only a dollar, and then there would also be fees from band camp and PayPal, so I would see maybe 80 cents of it, and its really not enough to split, especially after the transfer fee from PayPal, so it would wind up like twenty cents. So no, the remixer will not get a portion of the sales, if it actually does sell.

4. 1696646
    noahdoesmusic : Mon 28th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Okay, I understand, btw got a fire remix going, will send it to your email soon

5. 1804346

Sweet! Can't wait to hear it!

6. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Mon 28th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

No offence dude, but if someone makes a remix that actually sells and you DON'T give them a percentage.. then you basically have no soul.

7. 1804346

Its not that I have no soul, it's more I have no money. Nobody seems to want to pay for music anymore, and I'll admit, I've caught myself thinking that there's no way I'd pay a dollar for a single song. It's not that I've got some master plan to keep all the money for myself and become rich off of the efforts of others, I just don't have any expendable income. In fact, I would rather pay the remixer a cut of the profits. I just don't think there really will be any to speak of.

If it does actually sell, I will let the remixer know and discuss how they want to get paid, if they do, we can work something out. I haven't even sold a single track, so the likelihood of something being purchased is incredibly low. All my tracks are priced at one dollar, so I wind up getting only about 80 cents, and if I give the remixer a generous 50%, that leaves me with 40 cents, and the remixer gets less than that because of PayPal's transaction fee, so they'll wind up with like 35 cents. I'll admit, it can add up, but I don't know how many people would be interested in purchasing any of my music.

I understand and appreciate your concern, but I think it's a little far to say I have no soul. So please, do raise your concerns in a more professional manner in the future. So, if you do a remix and I put it up for sale, we can totally work something out for a cut for you.

8. 1416774
    SikNoiz : Tue 29th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Don't listen to Wong, RagingKitten.
    I've made many remixes for people and not gotten a dime for it.
    It's just part of the game.

:)

9. 1416774
    SikNoiz : Tue 29th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Also I might take a stab at remixing this.
    Forgot to say that, lol.

10. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Tue 29th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Thanks for the support, but I do realize now I was being a bit selfish. It's not easy to put a lot of effort into a track or remix, knowing that it will be sold, but you will never see a pretty penny for your effort. So I have decided I will be splitting the profits with those whose remixes sell.

I'm glad to hear you will be doing a remix! Can't wait to see what you'll do.

-MADCAT

11. 1177757
    Jakebur4 : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Hey,
    I'd love to take a shot at remixing this .
    I was wondering if you used fl studio and if so could i get the flp ?

12. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Wed 30th Nov 2016 : 4 years ago

Sorry man I use GarageBand

13. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Thu 1st Dec 2016 : 4 years ago

@RagingKitten - it's not so much that people wouldn't put effort into a remix because they know the other dude's making money off of your work...

I just meant that if that remix makes you money, it's money you would not of had otherwise - and really, it is only fair for both parties to share in the spoils.

Glad you've changed your mind though :)

I will download the stems and see if I can come up with anything.. For the record, if I do make a remix that sells a few copies, you can keep whatever is made. (Unless it's a big figure - if it's a lot of money then we're splitting that shit! hahaha)

14. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Thu 1st Dec 2016 : 4 years ago

If its a big figure, you might never know ;)
    Nah, but in all seriousness, I totally understand where you were coming from and I realize now I was being pretty selfish.

I'm glad to hear that you're still interested in remixing. I'll still let you know if it sells in case you change your mind.

-MADCAT

15. 1912280
Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums