For Guitar Players - Read This

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 23rd Nov 2016 : 1 year ago As many of you may know - I am an avid guitar player. One of my biggest pet peeves since I started playing guitar was how every single capo that I applied to my guitars simply put them out of tune due to uneven pressure applied across the strings. I just ordered some capos from the company Thalia and I am blown away by how accurately they keep the guitar in tune no matter where you're capoed at. They use a different methodology for capoing a guitar and it's a method that works! I highly suggest checking them out, as they are worth the money in my opinion - simply search "Thalia Capos" in Google. Gone are the days of being out of tune with your old capos!
  2. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 23rd Nov 2016 : 1 year ago And Im not trying to sound like an ad either - I was simply so impressed that I had to share it with you guys! :D
  3. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 23rd Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Keep it to yourself, Brado. I enjoy out of tune dissonance and frequency warble. My next track is 10 minutes of tuning with my toes through wicked distortion and blown speakers.

Actually, no, I'm in the market for one and will definitely look into them. Thanks for the heads up. Want some turkey as trade?
  4. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Turkey will do, dearest Evisma. Just make sure you didnt cut it with your toes.
  5. 585633
    topvega : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Will have my Wife make it a possible stocking stuffer for me this year, thanks for the heads up.

tv
  6. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Evisma´s family have been killing turkeys with there toe´s for 7 generations. how dare you sully there heritage with your request Brado!!!! Why there operation known as Halluxmort scientifically and colloquially as barefootgobblegasp has been successful where others have dared to tread (I would assume on their tip toes)
    So capos....yeah I have no real opinion on that..now if it were capons, I might have a pun or two, but (crickets sounding) capos...(scratching head) yeah nothing...
    crutarded
  7. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago There are some things that people should take into account when/before playing a guitar which basically means that guitar has to be setup properly.

Truss rod adjustment, action adjustement(string height), intonation, neck angle, tremolo bridge must be balanced if it's a floyd rose. A lot of the adjustments change once you use different string gauges.

Most people I've worked with retuned the guitar slightly after applying the capo. There are some capo that are adjustable meaning you can adjust the pressure and they do a great job but they are still not perfect. Also make sure the capo's radius is the same as the fretboard's radius.

The type of guitar is also important, especially if it's a cheap one, then you'll most likely have to adjust all of the above things before playing it. They don't come preadjusted , and also temperature and humidity play a big role.

G7th also make great capos as do other companies but make sure your guitar is properly setup before playing it. :)
  8. 951439
    Evisma : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago I tune to Drop C#. Heavier strings and more truss pressure made a world of difference. Played a while without properly adjusting, and I got a lot of dead spots, mid-note buzz and crap for sustain. The setup is important, and there are a ton of YT videos showing how to do your own setup. Guitar shop in town charges $75 for a setup. Still worth it if you don't trust yourself. Good advice Mahloo!
  9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Mahloo's advice about setup is paramount! I've had guitars which were nearly unplayable until I went through all the setup steps. Whether using a capo or not, it makes a world of difference.

The only capo I have used is the one I built myself. The pressure is adjustable, and I have found that less pressure is better for keeping the tune. It seems like tuning is a consistent issue with most capo work. I mostly use mine for lap slide playing, and it seems that tuning is slightly less of an issue with this sort of playing, though it could be argued.
  10. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago @mahloo

I agree with you on your statements. It showed it's wonderful performance on my Taylor 916CE. Perfectly in tune when not capoed, but due to flawed capo one-size-fits-all methodological ideas with most capos (using tension instead , it starts to go out of tune especially when capoed off at higher frets. Thalia takes into account fretboard radius and sends multiple detachable fretboard pads in both Teflon and rubber materials (teflon is much better in my opinion). The Thalia uses less tension because it uses teflon pads that matches the fretboard radius, and applies minimal compression so it doesn't reduce tone in the guitar. Seriously, every other capo I've tried doesn't stand up to this one. I may very well just make a comparison video to show the difference. When you can take your capo up to the eleventh fret and the guitar is still in tune, then that says something about the capo. :)
  11. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 24th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago Sorry I'm on my phone so excuse the mistakes
  12. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Fri 25th Nov 2016 : 1 year ago I have seen these capos before, I have not tried one because of their cost but its nice to know that they not only look nice they actually out perform the others. Might just have to save up for one.
Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Folk Track