Headphone Cueing Soundcard

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2015250
    gambusino : Wed 19th Oct 2016 : 1 year ago Hi guys, i'm soon getting an apc40 mk2 and i want to get a soundcard to be able to cue on my headphones (using Ableton).I know it needs to have 4 outs or 2 stereo outs.
    Can anyone give me an advice of a budget friendly soundcard that will do the job.
    Also i'm having trouble with latency when using my midi keyboard so if the soundcard can also solve this problem it would be nice.
    I don't need perfect sound-quality, for now i prefer the money :$.

Btw, as you might have noticed i have no idea about sound hardware and all this stuff (Started producing a year ago). And finally sorry for my english, im spanish.

Thanks for reading.
  2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 19th Oct 2016 : 1 year ago Is your MIDI keyboard a controller or a sound source, or both? MIDI latency and audio latency are two separate issues. MIDI latency would not be effected by an audio interface unless it is also a MIDI interface. Audio latency will be solved by direct monitoring with your audio interface. Monitoring the recording through your DAW will pretty much always result in latency... make sure you get an interface with direct monitoring.
  3. 2015250
    gambusino : Fri 21st Oct 2016 : 1 year ago It's just a MIDI controller i think (IRigKEYS). I solved the latency problem with asio4all, and something i noticed is that selecting asio4all ableton it give's me another 3/4 out wich is the mic input, i don't know how this works, but it does.
    Anyways i have a question about midi and soundcards;
    So mi keyboard and the APC 40 im planning to buy work with usb connection, should i buy a midi &/or audio interface?
    I dont know how these interfaces work so please know you are talking to a noob on this subject :)
  4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 21st Oct 2016 : 1 year ago A MIDI interface will be useful if you have gear which only has MIDI connections for control/sound source use. I use a dedicated two port MIDI interface for most of my MIDI equipment, plus the one port on my MOTU Traveler audio interface for additional MIDI gear, plus the Beatstep for combining MIDI control with CV/Gate work on modular and circuit bent equipment.

An audio interface is most useful if you intend to record anything external from the DAW... microphones, instruments, synthesizers... whatever. Recording any external audio is a real pain without a good interface, and recording without direct monitoring is less than desirable, as it makes performing well more difficult.
  5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 21st Oct 2016 : 1 year ago I still use Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in my second studio, and it works well. If two inputs and two outputs is enough for you, then I would recommend it.

I upgraded to MOTU Traveler for 8 inputs and 8 outputs, plus the DC coupling of the I/O... which allows control voltages and gates to be sent through the I/O. I can now control my modular synth from the computer, or record control voltages for later use.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Electro Track