Converting M4a To Mp3 On IPad

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 27th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago Until I can get another computer I am using my ipad to record vocals. I gotta tell you, it's much better than I thought it would be, considering the circumstances.

Anyway, now that I've got some vocals ready to go, does anyone know how, or if there is a way to convert the m4a for ios audio file to the required mp3? Does anyone else use a tried and true app for doing this that you can recommend? I'm using Cubasis2 which offers the option of m4a and wav, and garage band offers m4a.

While I'm at it, does anyone else use Cubasis2 that can help me figure out how to pan tracks?

Thanks.
  2. 630386
    JosephFunk : Tue 27th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago The simplest way to do this Patricia on iOS is to buy the following app for your ipad:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-converter-convert-your/id889643660?mt=8

Real easy to use, no fuss or hoops to jump through. Version 3.1 just newly released yesterday. Cost: $2.99

m4a >>>Directly To>>>> Mp3 conversion. Supports nearly all major audio formats for audio file conversions for the ipad. This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
  3. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 27th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago Thank you Joe.k I will check it out. :-)
  4. 630386
    JosephFunk : Tue 27th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago Oh I just noticed the other part that you asked for. Well, let's face it, mobile studio apps provide a great convenience when you are on the go. Many of today's rappers use them because one said inspiration can come from almost anything or any place at any time. The old way was to take ideas and write them down on paper and then wait to actually get back to the studio. Although these portable studio apps are great Patricia they do have many limitations.

I actually fiddled with Cubasis 2 mobile this past summer and it is fun like a new toy, sorry. But two big problems I found is, this mobile app has no pan automation and no volume envelope automation, wow! But you can pan manually in the mixer above the volume level gain sliders. In the mixer you will see the letter "C", which means the pan is centered, well slightly above that is the manual pan control. The "C" will change to something like 33L or 22R depending on where you move it. I also did some research and confirmed that deficiency that there is no Volume and no Pan automation in Cubasis 2 Mobile.

Good Luck Patricia, Joe.
  5. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Thu 29th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago Thanks again Joe. I will try this as well.

It's all I have right now, and I realize there will be limitations, but man oh man, why the ones I want. Lol.
  6. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 29th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago You can also try audio.online-convert.com

It's free, though I have no idea how it'd work on an iPad. Worth looking up though, just upload the file you want converted and done!

Brado
  7. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 30th Sep 2016 : 1 year ago I was going to suggest that Brado but because Patricia does some copyright and non-copyright audio related material, you would be actually be sending that site a copy of your work which is quite risky. Once it is on their server for conversion you are subject to their terms which is a legal and binding contract and they are located in Germany.

Partial terms from that site:

"While the Provider tries to ensure that the services are error free, he cannot guarantee that user files or converted files will not be deleted or lost......The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Provider will not be responsible for the deletion of a user file or converted file stored or processed during the provision of the services..."

Conclusion: I would only convert audio material on that site with material I do not have much concern for. So I would not personally recommend that site to anyone.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Hip Hop Track