See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Remix Forgotten Hero By MADCAT

Posts 1 - 14 of 14
  1. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Mon 5th Sep 2016 : 5 years ago

Hello all,

I recently did this track and thought it was a pretty fun song, and wanted to see what other takes could be done on it.
    You can hear the original track here:
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/179302

The top three remixes will be featured on my soundcloud.

stems:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/74j7un5u826dm/Forgotten_Hero_Remix_Pack

The end date will be September 25th. That's 20 days folks!

-MADCAT

2. 1821349
    Wobbin : Mon 5th Sep 2016 : 5 years ago

Challenge accepted!

3. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Mon 5th Sep 2016 : 5 years ago

I forgot to mention: Tempo is 108 bpm

-MADCAT

4. 1821349
    Wobbin : Mon 12th Sep 2016 : 5 years ago

Goodday,
    I just wanted to pop up to say that i'm working on the remix for quite some days already. I hope that you are satisfied with the end result :)

Best Regards,
    Wobbin

5. 1912280
  6. 1821349
    Wobbin : Sat 24th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/179763

Here is my house remix. The description pretty much says it all. But a short version:
    - Made a remix which still stays close to the original but within my style of EDM.
    - Recreated piano pieces and layered for more control
    - Used 3 stems in combination with the piano recreations
    - Created melody using first piano notes
    - Added own vocals to compliment either the original and my remix

Curious to your opinion!! :)

Question:
    I'd like to upload this onto my soundcloud including artwork that I will create myself. Both of course mentioning you in it with a link to your SC track. Not sure If I want it to be downloadable or not. Are you ok with that?

7. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Sat 24th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

Hey Wobbin,
    I appreciate you asking if you could upload it. I am absolutely fine with you, or anyone, wanting to upload their remix to their own sites/locations.
    I listened to your remix and I must say, your effort really shows.

-MADCAT

8. 1821349
    Wobbin : Sun 25th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

Of course, I will not put things online which are not 100% mine to share without asking the artist itself.

https://soundcloud.com/wobbinmusic/madcat-forgotten-hero-wobbin-remix
    There it is. Made some cool artwork with it. I enabled downloads.

9. 1936235
    Unknown User : Sun 25th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

@Wobbin: I like this tune more than the previous one..
    Nice collab! :-)

10. 1821349

@Bohemen, thanks man! I really appreciate the listen. Are you able to lay hand on what you like more on this one? I've did quite some things different on this one. Some noticeable, some not really.

11. 1936235
    Unknown User : Sun 25th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

@Wobbin: I think it's more musically interesting.
    But of course that's just my humble opinion.. :-)

12. 1821349

@Bohemen,

haha ok. I can understand and recognize that :)
    The 'downside' on this remix is tho, I had in mind to make it more friendly and round overall then the other tracks I made. But the way I layered the synths and later checked back, it sounds quite similar to the synths of Second. With the raw edge on it. While it are completely other sounds. I do like it a lot but originally was not my intention LOL

13. 1804346
    RagingKitten : Sun 25th Sep 2016 : 4 years ago

The 25th is upon us! Thank you all who participated.

Funnily enough, there were only three entries, so everyone gets featured! Hoorah!
    Now for the ranking/feedback.
    Note: Drinking game: every time I say 'but'.

3. Nanachip Remix:

I always enjoy listening to other peoples takes on my music and it never ceases to make me smile. This remix was no exception. The sound was good and the idea was there, but I had one real complaint: It was too short. It left me wanting more of this sound, but there was only 1:51! It did sound a bit lacking, not much going on, but then again, that was something of a problem in the original mix as well.

2. Khiflee Remix:

Again, fun take on the original song. The percussion into the drop was pretty cool, but it didn't fell like it had much emotion. The mix was good, the structure was solid, but the sounds were a little too similar to the original. I'm not saying it was bad, and I really enjoyed it, it just felt like it needed a bit more love.

1. Wobbin Remix:

I'm not even sure where to start with this. I was blown away by just how different it was. The use of the vocals was outstanding and I was absolutely floored by the mix. I could really hear the time and energy put into this remix. The take on the melody was quite interesting, and I feel like it was especially well done given the type of stems given (my b on the lack of midi), and the overall feel was really nice.

Well done and congratulations to everyone! I hope you all continue to work and do your best in all that you do!

-MADCAT

14. 1821349

Wohoo :) I like Khiflee's drum adds. That was the first thought that I had also when figuring out what way to go with it.

Glad you like it. It wasn't easy to make such a switch in genre/style within 1 track. The midi's would have been handy haha but this was good for my skill progression tho ;) Listening and re-creating. I have no knowledge of any musical theory nor what key even sounds like what to be honest.. I'm a classic example of someone who just presses a key and compares :P.

The vocals where indeed a nice add but it felt slightly as cheating first, however it is not. I wanted to make sure that they would fit in either the original as the remix so that its more glued together and most important sounds more natural. That wasn't easy with my voice hahah

Thanks for the opportunity! The time set made it possible to dig deeper into creativity and try outs. I secretly hoped for more contestants.

Posts 1 - 14 of 14

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums