See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

What DAWs Are Ranked Above What Other DAWs In General

Posts 26 - 37 of 37
  1. 4546794
    prodKrispy : Wed 10th Mar 2021 : 4 months ago

In my opinion, FL Studio is superior to the other DAW's. There's a reason most of the famous producers use FL Studio over other DAW's, and to some it may not be clear. If you are looking into producing or mitering / mastering vocals, I highly recommend FL Studio. (My opinion)

2. 559004
    MsgxStudios : Fri 23rd Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

I stopped using ProTools in favor of Studio One two years ago and never looked back.

3. 2899804
    rowanyeye : Fri 23rd Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

ableton is best for everything but mixing whole projects. ive used logic fl pro tools and ableton is better than all of them. fl is really good for EDM and trap, pro tools is good only for engineers, logic is a jack of all trades but master of none, and ableton is essentially logic but better in every other way but worse when it comes to the mixer. ofc whichever one you're best with is the best daw

4. 2899804
    rowanyeye : Fri 23rd Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

also "It's funny, your comment about output quality in terms of Ableton. I got to despise the sound of Ableton really fast, like after a few songs done with it."

DAWS do not color sound, ur just bad with ableton. stick to fl buddy

5. 1839240
    Format : Fri 23rd Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

I don't care what anyone say lol Audacity is my go to! It's free and with the right lineup of outside plug-ins, some experience, trail and error you can get some very good results. All of my self produced track were done with Audacity totally in the box. I think my results speak for themselves. You guys let me know.

6. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

@Format, you can use Audacity as a DAW but I'm assuming that means you have no VST instruments as Audacity doesn't support them. I have loads, so Audacity isn't an option for me. For anyone starting out or who only uses loops then it's fine, but otherwise it's too limited in functionality to be a serious DAW contender.

7. 1839240
    Format : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

@Lek, no I use third party plug-ins to record, mix and master. I've completed radio ready tracks using it for years and tested the mixes on multiple playback devices so I disagree. For me it's just the simplicity and ability to master it quickly. Had to mention it here for any new members since it seems so obscure and many people have the same view of it you do. Give it a try!

8. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

I do occasionally use it for quick audio editing actually so I'm not totally against it. So if you have a synth VST like Omnisphere for example, how do you get that working with Audacity because I always thought you just can't. Also, I quite often record something in MIDI and then tweak the sound source or maybe change synth VSTs. How would you do that in Audacity, because again I thought you just can't. I mean there are other things like the UI which is just awful, but if you're happy with it then that's great. I just think if you invested some time with a decent DAW you would never go back.

9. 1839240
    Format : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

@Lek yeah you basically just use it as a host. It's compatible with many vst's. It has some stock vst's that are garbage that's why you load your own. Once you have a good lineup of mixing and mastering vst's that mimic the actual analog gear you would use in a pro studio you now can achieve comparable results. I've tried fl and tracktion and others but I learned Audacity first and just stuck with it.

10. 311209
    ShurelyTemper : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

I agree with the comments. Each to their own. My experience is Cubase/Reason/Acid/Ableton in that order. I Rank them for ease of use as Abelton/Reason/Acid/Cubase. My latest iteration is Ableton Live 11 and it is like a breath of fresh air, so smooth to work on with a wonderous simplicity. Still a huge 'Reason' fanboy tho.

11. 311209
    ShurelyTemper : Wed 28th Apr 2021 : 3 months ago

Lol what I said had no reference to the string comment on Audicity... I ain't agreeing on something I know nothing....lolz but on the early comments regarding variances on DAW's.

12. 1245534
    VirginiaSlimm : Fri 7th May 2021 : 2 months ago

It's all just ones and zeroes ;)

Reaper for me mostly.
    It's the closest to a big desk layout, has very low cpu requirements, costs very little. Very customizable. The engineer friendly layout promotes good practices as well. The skills and routing you learn in reaper will translate to a hardware environment pretty well, unlike some blinky colorful Daws that want to make things "easy" on the non engineer.
    If I describe a process in reaper I can reproduce it pretty closely with hardware, Ableton looks like somebody dropped a bag of skittles.

-but in the end it's all just ones and zeroes ;)

Posts 26 - 37 of 37

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums