Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Spivkurl I Fall Down Remix Thread

Posts 1 - 25 of 39
  1. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 31st May 2016 : 5 years ago

Hey all! It's been a busy spring around here, but I have still found the time to be writing songs, as some of you know. In an effort to bring people together, as well as spice up the Forum and tracks page a little, I have given a remix kit for my recent song “I Fall Down” to some specific musicians. These people were chosen because I feel that their individual talents suited remix work for the song.

Results so far have been even more pleasing than expected! I will be adding the first couple of links to these mixes today, and will add the rest as they arrive. Please keep watch here, and show these tracks some love. As a warning, at least one or two of these will be bound to be Soundcloud links, as I have enlisted some people who do not, or no longer frequent Looperman. Please forgive this, as I am also trying to encourage people to become regular members of this site.

Here is the link to the original song, “I Fall Down v2,” which is on my profile.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/175263

If you get a chance to check it out while visiting the remixes, I would be most thankful! Also big thanks go out to those musicians who have stepped up to get into the groove on the remix work! You people rock!

2. 186161

The first remix to show up, one which has already gotten some love around the site, was a real pleasant surprise! It was not a surprise that it sounded awesome, the surprise was that it encouraged long time member Mosaic to return to Looperman! He has since been releasing other new music, and that is such a great thing to add back to the Looperman community!

So here is the I Fall Down Remix, by Mosaic:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/176629

Take a listen, enjoy, and leave a comment if you have a moment! Thanks!

3. 186161

Regarding the remix stems... I am trying this time to not let the remix kit get out of hand, like it seemed to do when I released the stems for my song "Nightr8." With that in mind, I am being more specific.

The remix kit is in two parts. One of which is the collection of wav quality audio files, broken down into loops and sections, as well as the full length vocal clips. The other is the MIDI file of all note information in the final song.

If you feel like you have what it takes to make a remix, and you enjoy the style of the original track, then please leave a comment in this thread. I will then contact you with the download links.

If for some reason, this thread goes insane with requests for the stems, then possibly I will just make it public again. I would like to test the waters first, as the song is important to me. Thank you!

4. 186161

The second remix which I received was done by a new friend, who goes by the name of Labelwhore. I met him through the Image Line forum, and we found some commonalities in how we work in the studio. I had to hear what he could do with these stems and his custom hardware driven studio skills. I was not disappointed!

So here is I Fall Down (Labelwhore Remix):

https://soundcloud.com/labelwhore-techno/spivkurl-i-fall-down-labelwhore-remix

Again, excuse the outside link. I am doing my best to bring new people to the Looperman community, and the traffic to mixes like this may just help.

Thank you for listening!

5. 1805083
    Davidgotskill : Tue 31st May 2016 : 5 years ago

I recommend you try doing Trap and Big Room. You tend to do a lot of techno.

6. 186161

Please keep this thread on topic Davidgotskill. This song is not techno, and I do not base my work on specific genres.

7. 1899257
    Labelwhore : Wed 1st Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

I don't typically aim for a specific genre either, but obviously when I have my X0Xb0x out, what comes out is acid.

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 1st Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with a little acid, or a lot!

9. 773230
    AtasAgain : Sat 4th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Is it too late to try my hand?

10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 4th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

PM'd you AtasAgain!

11. 1231236
    joecramer : Sat 4th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

If it should be desired, then I would lay hands on your song.
    However, I do not know if I bring something meaningful to existence but at least i would give it a try :)

12. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 4th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Pm'd you joecramer!

Things are heating up now! Still waiting on some of the others who have been given stems. Lots of possibilities out there for remixes to show up!

Thanks everyone!

13. 1231236
    joecramer : Sat 4th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Ok i done a quick one.
    https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/176924

Only some stems are used.
    I cut them and mixed them in a little bit new way.
    Didn't used any of the org drum stems at all
    If you like what i have done i will send you the master wav file.
    PS: It could be that i will do a second version with some more stems :)

14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 5th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Thanks so much Joe! After entering my comment, I starting thinking about how your mix reminded me of some of the shriekback remixes on some of the 12 inch singles I've got sitting around. Very cool.

These mixes are turning out great, and are just the variety of styles I was hoping for! Thanks to everyone!

15. 1574958
    HarryHockjne : Sun 5th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Hello Spivkurl! :D
    I've just seen this thread and thought how much I loved doing remixes, so I was wondering if I would be able to have a go at this! I have an idea planned, but I want to surprise you!
    If you want to check them out:
    My previous MAIN remixes: https://soundcloud.com/rad-remixer_dinky-mixy/guitar-bounce-remix
    https://soundcloud.com/rad-remixer_dinky-mixy/empire-remix
    The rest are on my YouTube.

-Stay Dinky
    Dinky Mixy/RadRemixer

16. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 5th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

PM'd you RadRemixer!

17. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 7th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

RadRemixer, who started his looperman profile less than a year ago, has just sent me a link to his remix of "I Fall Down," and a very cool one it is!!!

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/176995

The style is very different from the others who have submitted them, and that is exactly what I was looking for when making these stems... variety! The vocal manipulations are something special, and he had the cohones to use the modular circuit bent voic stems included! Very thankful for this submission, as well as all of the others so far!

18. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

The long time Looperman member Diskonnect has just sent me his remix of "I Fall Down." Turns out to be a very cool chill rendition of the theme, and it's really fun to hear!

Check out "I Fall Down Diskonnected Reality Remix here:

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/177074

The grooves in this are so worth waiting for! Really nice dynamic mix here! Awesome work!!

19. 1280030
    Fl4zh : Fri 10th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

I would like to get the samples as well,, :)

Fl4zh.

20. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 10th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

PM'd you Fl4zh!

21. 1280030
    Fl4zh : Sat 11th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

The midi link dosent seem to work.

22. 1280030
    Fl4zh : Sat 11th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Mybad just a space error.

23. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 11th Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Sent a new PM. I think the space error is what happened as well. Thanks for letting me know!

24. 985556
    poolboypedro : Tue 21st Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

LMAO YOUR STILL TRASH LOL

25. 347760
    PortraitOfABlackHole : Tue 21st Jun 2016 : 5 years ago

Well that escalated quickly.
    There's no need for that kind of talk, poolboypedro.

Posts 1 - 25 of 39

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums