Addictive Keys And Drums In Ipad

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 1392969
    Zergmazter : Wed 27th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Has anyone tried to load up xln audio's instruments in an ipad?

I need to buy a portable device to load up my stand alone instruments for live performances, and I was hoping I did not have to go for the most expensive option which is the laptop, and go for an ipad instead.

My keyboard has a builtin space for a surface device which makes an ipad ideal, but I need to know the above.

Thank you in advance.
  2. 308224
    theHumps : Wed 27th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago If you are talking about live performances, why would you need an ipad? Ask a drummer and a keyboard player to join you, they are free. This way you can start a real band and be less dependent on software.

Besides, no one wants to watch you play your ipad on stage.
  3. 1392969
    Zergmazter : Wed 27th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago thehumps:

If you look at my profile picture you can clearly see I am a keyboard player and my drummer uses an electronic drum set... I play with a band.

I don't own an acoustic piano so I will always depend on some kind of software as 100% of any keyboard user out there. Same goes for my drummer. We kinda need our EDM kicks you know, which is the reason why he is digital.

I asked a legitimate question out of need not out of curiosity.

If anyone has had experience with Ipads and any kind of these stand alone software please let me know if they work, or would I need to buy a laptop instead?
  4. 308224
    theHumps : Wed 27th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Hey man, I can't see anything of detail in your avatar. I see 2 bright things that I will assume are windows , a person and a gray rectangle. I didn't know you were a keyboard player or that you had a drummer who plays an electronic drum kit.

That's a lot for you to assume I would know from that post don't ya think?

What's an xln?
  5. 1392969
    Zergmazter : Wed 27th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Sorry for the mix up. All I was trying to figure out was if stand alone vsts such as addictive keys, addictive drums, ez drummer, etc could be loaded up on a tablet.

I didn't see anyone talking about it on google, and decided to ask here as well in case anyone tried doing that before, since I don't own a tablet yet and I have no clue if it works.

XLNaudio is the company that makes addictive keys/drums.
  6. 308224
    theHumps : Thu 28th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago No problem man. When I read your post I was thinking your setup on stage was you by yourself, a keyboard/controller and your ipad or whatever.

Ah, you live down the road a bit. Ever make it to the Ocean Deck?

Why can't you bring the gear you use at practice to the gig? Is it a big project to do that?

I see that you use FL studio. I am going to post a link to an Ableton live vid that shows a sound man on stage using Live to process the drums during a Depeche Mode show. Now I know the daws aren't the same but maybe you could pick up a tip or two. And I do recommend Live for exactly what you want to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvuCp1lZIBw

Can't really help you with you original question though.

lol
Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Pop Track