Mixing A Rock Song Tutorial Mahloo13

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 13th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Hey folks,

I'm just curious if there are folks around that would be interested for an exclusive looperman mix tutorial.

I've uploaded a short snippet of the song.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/175686

Just drop a comment bellow if you are interested and what would you consider best suited for the tutorial maybe things you'd like to know etc.

Thanks!

-Malu-
  2. 365820
    WongKiShoo : Wed 13th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Hey Malu ltns ;)

Maybe not so much rock,... but I'd be very very very interested in a tutorial for EDM if you ever felt inclined!

Hope you're well dude!

George
  3. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 13th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Would love to see an example of balancing heavy 5150 style rhythm guitars, clean and dirty bass, mid-heavy lead solo guitar and wild, cymbal heavy drums, all together.

My last track has mix issues from using 8505 for lead guitars and getting it to sit well with heavier drums has been a pain. The cymbals are the biggest issue, along with guitar tone not interfering with toms and the mids in the bass guitar.

I use only subtractive eq and did the best I could balancing. Track is "Backstabber's Harvest", and would love to get your thoughts on how to make it better. Your opinion has always meant a lot, and carries weight in the forums. I appreciate your generosity.
  4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 14th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Hey there Mahloo cool stuff!....I don't play much rock these days but hey I'd love to see a tutorial from you regardless of the genre and especially your thoughts on instrument placement within the soundscape, panning and the eventual stereo image.
  5. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 14th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago @Wonki - Do you have a track for that? :D I mean mixing a song from looperman for a mix tutorial would definitely make it an exclusive. And without any offense intended there would be a lot more to learn from a track that is giving you a bit of challenges than from one that is perfectly tracked and you are doing minimal stuff to it.

@Evisma - Balances start with the source. Record great sounding instruments played well and there is little you need to do except some eq and comp and what not depending on the tracking. I've left a review on your song, cool song by the way. BAlance is like this...You've got a lead instrument and everything is slightly underneath it.

@Planetjazzbass - My panning choices are Left Center Or Right with some minor things in between .I'll try and find some good source for that to better demonstrate the cases when and why I'm not panning something left center or right but rather pan it in between but really that's all I do.
  6. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 14th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago The full track is uploaded. Mixed entirely with stock plugins just to showcase that you don't really need a lot of fancy tools to get a job done. Will start working on the video as soon as I finish the work.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/175711
  7. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 15th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago OOOOOOOOOH I'd love to know how you made that crowd sound in the last chorus. Please mention how to do that in your tutorial. That effect has eluded me for SO long.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track