Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Do You Have Inspiration Issues Or Lack Creativity-Look Here

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 844038
    xVeteranReaperx : Fri 1st Apr 2016 : 5 years ago

Hey guys and girls!

Do you have problems with inspiration and creativity? Then I think I can help a little atleast :)

A little back story here first:

I'm 24 years old, started making music on my PC about 4 years ago. At start it was fun and all when I had a friend which helped me with all the basics (He is a very good drum producer which has had job offers from some major music labels in sweden and US). So long story short, I had a good start. But then he went his own way and I had to get by by myself. Now I'm here, but I've totally lost all inspiration and creativity since I don't have anyone to show my latest work and help me with it. I've posted a fair amount of tracks and acapellas here but It's just not the same thing. I'm sure some of you can understand that.

Anyways, next part is for the people who consider above info TL;DR!!

I checked through all my old songs and new and picked out the once I thought could have some potential. Problem is, I really don't want to work on them. BUT, if anyone is interested in taking some ideas of them or downloading the song to sample from, I'm more than happy to share a link. I will only post link (or send in PM) if anyone answers!

Keep in mind, I don't like to do music the way everyone else does it. I wanna create my own thing. So if you find anything in these songs that sound like something you've heard before, I would be suprised.

Anyways. If long walks or coffee doesn't help your productivity.. Maybe a few new tracks with weird, chill or heavy melodies will help :)

(Note: If this post violates the forum rules, I'm sorry. I've read through them and made sure there is no more suitable thread for this topic!)

2. 1250729
    Paganini : Sat 2nd Apr 2016 : 5 years ago

Inspiration is something that is very difficult to find its source.

A Girl/Boy ? What fascinates you enough in her/him to be your muse?
    A goal ? What are you trying to achieve? Is it noble in your opinion?
    Money ? Stop making music right now.

You get what I'm trying to imply.

Anyways, here's my 2¢ on the subject:

Inspiration comes in different sources; it can be a feeling of superiority for a short time, adrenaline, a goal, a place, an emotion, etc...

In my opinion, Inspiration hits you in a very subjective way. It is certain, in most cases, something around you that changed in a way that it changed your mood, how you see things around you differently for a moment.

I am very blessed to say that I found my source of inspiration; My life. My life inspired me in different ways! It may be both negative and positive, whatever it is, it gives me something that I can exploit for my creations.

3. 1074070
    Unknown User : Sat 2nd Apr 2016 : 5 years ago

I can certainly add to this as ive just posted a new song which is all about my weeping heart for my dying mother...its taken a rollercoaster of emotions to break the writers block (and yes artists of all kinds gets times when no matter what you try to create, nothing seems good enough) ... ive just gone thru about 8 months of downtime and has taken a birth of life and a dying of life to suddenly unlock what was probably never really blocked in the first place.

Best of luck,

DJ-SLT-UK

4. 844038
    xVeteranReaperx : Sat 2nd Apr 2016 : 5 years ago

@Juliet

Indeed it's sometimes hard to pinpoint where creativity and inspiration comes from. But what you said, about your life being your inspiration, I think a little bit of that inspires everyone. Except if you have a goal, that kinda takes away a part of that, in my opinion atleast. I very much enjoyed reading your input though. Was kinda late when i wrote this post :)

I, myself have had a very eventfull couple of years. Not much has changed. But I've gotten so busy lately and I can't find the time to sit down, peacefully and create something. It's like everything is NEEDED to be done, and not wanted. Therefore it lacks that edge that I have in my old songs.

@DJSLTUK

That was very heartbreaking. But at the same time beautiful. I really appreciate your input. It actually gave me a new few on things. But it's true, what you said, about the "Nothing seems good enough". It's sad, But I think you can benefit alot from it once you get away from what "stops" you from creating something.

Thanks for the replys so far guys!

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums