See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Will Trip Hop Be Added To Genres

Posts 1 - 25 of 36
  1. 1782700
    smallearth : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

I am not very astute on all genres and subbies,
    But been told I have have a trip-hop vibe.
    Will this ever be added to genre drop down?

Thanks

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

I would appreciate this option as well! By the way, welcome to the site smallearth!

3. 1
    Looperman : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

I added Trip Hop and also added Soul as this was requested the other day.

4. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Excellent.

How about some variations on 'rock', which is way too broad?

I suggest:

Psychedelic rock
    Hard rock
    Acoustic rock
    Alternative rock
    Pop rock

The first one would be most useful to me, as would a Psychedelic genre option.

Thanks.

5. 1
    Looperman : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

I was about to add Psychedelic and have just done that.

we already have pop & acoustic so wont be adding alternatives to those as we could go on forever

6. 186161

Sweet! New genres to categorize ourselves in! Thanks Shan!

7. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

"we already have pop & acoustic so wont be adding alternatives to those as we could go on forever"

That's cool. I was just making some suggestions as I have to consider what might suit other people as I can't just think about what suits me.

"we could go on forever"

Indeed we could. It's up to you how large you let the genre list grow...

8. 186161

Lets strip it down to two genres. "Music" and "Not Music." ;)

9. 1782700
    smallearth : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Thanks for adding! this site is great, glad to join.

Spivkurl, love your sounds man. I like that you take a conceptual process approach to most everything

10. 186161

Thanks buddy! I'll be returning the favor of your comment soon, I just try to do things in order usually.

11. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Nice to see that Psychedelic is a genre now
    Sounds like there is a genre just made for me :)

BTW in real i am not believing that Psychedelic is a genre, it is only a word that should followed by a genre - like

Psychedelic Rock
    Psychedelic House
    Psychedelic Dark Wave Funk .......

12. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sun 14th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

How about Psychedelic Heavy Metal? that sounds fun.

13. 186161

Let's not forget psychedelic trance! ... oh yeah... and psychedelic drugs.

14. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

really nice to see some new genres were added to looperman!

few days ago I've uploaded a Bossa Nova song and plan to post more in the future. From latin styles there is only Samba but Bossa is as much popular, I think. I am not sure whether bossa was previously on the lopperman genre list (removed?) but it still would be nice to have that one. I know, there are only few tracks and loops so far but this may always change. Just a thought.

15. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

I've touted Jazzrock for ages and been snubbed, ok I learnt to live with rejection but now I want to play LIMBO music...LIMBO...LIMBO...LIMBO.....how low do I have to go to get this real and I mean real genre included, it's not some flash in the pan hardly distinguishable cloned micro genre, it's the real deal! LIMBO

16. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

@planetjazzbass.. it better be the real trinidad LIMBO, and not that crappy kiwi LIMBO (apologies to all New Zealanders in advance, whom I may or may not be aware of a tradition of limbo in your country.....I do know you have some sheep.....and some hobbits...that's about it) With the real steel drums!
    Cru

17. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Wot dem Kiwis got to do wid dis Limbo?...we all pokey fun fun of dem with sheepy jokes and dem gumbooties...feela sorry for dem mon...no dem steel drums I'ma talking Chubby Checker mon nat sum dreaddy stoner bois..savvy.

18. 1281572

jazz-rock is not a genre but a 60's-influenced fusion of very different stylistically musical styles.
    Bossa is a genre of brazilian music.

19. 1250729
    Paganini : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Yaaaaay ! Thanks for adding Trip-Hop !

I was wondering if Fusion is going to be added too.

20. 1250729

Sorry, I posted too fast. And what about Boombap ?

21. 1281572

Juliet

I agree. Latin is a broad perspective category not a specific genre. Fusion is not a genre at all but just a fusion.

22. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

Fusion is already in the list.

23. 1281572

but it is nowhere a musical genre - just relatively modern fusion of genres functioning somehow on the top of jazz genres - being a mixage of a progressive jazz driven by ethnic beats

24. 1250729

^That's true

25. 630386
    Unknown User : Mon 15th Feb 2016 : 5 years ago

To suggest Fusion is not a genre would also suggest that you are lacking in some areas of music. Miles Davis is a Fusion artist and you talk about slapping one of the all time greats in the face with fusion is not a genre? That's BS. Fusion was originally merged with Rock, Funk, Blues and R&B which gave Jazz a bit more personality. All genres can point to something before it, but Fusion wanted to hang on to its Jazzy roots as a genre. Where as hip-hop which came from Funk Breaks, does not sound like funk today. To suggest it is not a genre you will need to go back and study your music history a bit more there young man. Suggesting it is not a genre would offend greats like, Chick Corea, The Crusaders, Herbie Hanckock, Earth, Wind and Fire, The Rippingtons, Santana, Spyro Gyra, Steely Dan, War, and the Yellowjackets to name a few. I lived through that era and these were some of my favorite Fusion artist. But I must admit that Fusion today has evolved mostly into a clash of noisy genres which erased most of its awesome legacy.

Posts 1 - 25 of 36

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums