From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

One Of My Loops Used In A Super Bowl Ad

Posts 1 - 25 of 31
  1. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Draon84 let me know that one of my loops was used in an ad for the 2016 Super Bowl. It is an ad featuring Cam Newton for Beats by Dre. I think they may have also used Draon84's drum beat from his song posted on SoundCloud. Anyway, the loop used to be on Looperman.com, but I pulled it down and put it in my Mega Loop pack (the link to that is on my profile). I uploaded the loop so you could hear the original loop I posted, and here is a link to the ad. Fun stuff!!

A link to my loop:

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/93193/guitar-intro-in-am-f-g-by-shortbusmusic-free-110bpm-hip-hop-electric-guitar-loop

A link to the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkKV0opY18&feature=youtu.be

A link to Draon84's tune on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/draon/free-ft-shortbus-wip

2. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

By the way, the song used in the ad is by a rapper named Future. It is a song titled "Fly Sh*t Only" off his new album Evol. So it looks like Future is a fan of the Loop!!

3. 1
    Looperman : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Well done mate, and well spotted Draon84 !!

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Great stuff Bear!..it's a pity your not getting any royalties, the superbowl fee is at about I million for 30 seconds or thereabouts...I figure your owed about $20,000 by that rapper Future ! lol keep up making great music man!

5. 630386
    JosephFunk : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

You do top quality stuff Bear so of course! I love that when that happens. I had a similar experience once before as well. Congrats Bear.

6. 1051376
    mildperil : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Well done mate, always nice to see.

7. 671112

Congrats Bear!

Well deserved justice...(royalty this or that way...:-)

Handshake, Danke

8. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 8th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

as an aspiring loop creator I can say only that this will definitely motivate me to add more loops to the site!

Great guitar loop Bear! On the video it sounds heavily processed and very different from the original one. I won't buy the powerbeats anyway.

9. 851137
    crucethus : Tue 9th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Congrats!

10. 985556
    poolboypedro : Tue 9th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

yeaaa now thats what im talking about... certified greatness ONLY !!

its too bad yall didnt get the rights to that protected !! you would have some nice pocket change right now

i highly doubt Future is on here, but I am sure his production team will be scavengers and come on here.

nevertheless congratulations & let the haters hate... they dont want you to win !!

11. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Tue 9th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. It's always nice to have our hard work be used in successful endeavors. I'm just glad folks find the loops useful.

12. 159051
    MINOR2GO : Tue 9th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Congrats Bear.
    Well done. :)

Martin

13. 840075
    MarioSh : Tue 9th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Congrats man ! Really glad that your loop made it big, even though the props would be great if it would be given to you. But hey, that's how people make beats nowadays, looking for inspiration online and some found it on Looperman.

Cheers !

14. 589130
    Spd2 : Wed 10th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

BEAR HUG...lol. Awesome job Bear, well deserved my brother ;)

15. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Wed 10th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

How cool is that huh !
    Awesome stuff Bear, so happy for you to get some cred like this for your work and big thanks to Draon84 for making the effort to clue you in.
    I've said it before folks, you never know whos lurking about here on Looperman!

16. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Wed 10th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Way to go Bear...Fantasy apparently has good taste...and he knows where to find the good stuff...Nice to see you around the place by the way...Ed

17. 609523
    3rdNippleMusic : Wed 10th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Hah, Great news... I'm back in the loop a-gain... full speed ahead so far. Glad to see you Barry !!!

ps: I've got lots on You Tube now mate, organized in playlists for some of my different styles.. Mainly Electronic and Acoustic right now, but we're workin' on it.

Congratulations !!! Hah!

ps: I almost had a ShortBusMusic tribute album done before some sh_t h_t the fan but I'm goin
    strong ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/NealVisher

18. 466263
    Draon84 : Thu 11th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Hey friends, and thank for allowing me to post in the forums Looperman. Just wanted to share this article with you guys that the Billboards Top 100 did on Futures current album. Mainly read the 2nd to last paragraph, as that pertains to "Fly Shit Only". http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/6867399/future-evol-album-review

Thank again, and look forward to chatting more with you guys

19. 1029245
    EYEDYE : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

"The real curve balls come from Spinz, who hangs spectral, squelching synths over “Lie to Me” and fixes a moody electric guitar riff reminiscent of Radiohead’s “Street Spirit” to booming drums for album closer “Fly Shit Only.”

.....Really.

20. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Thanks for all of the kind feedback guys. It is pretty funny that Spinz gets credit for the guitar work, and all he did was download a loop from here, or more probably, stole the processed sample from Draon84. Draon84 did some pretty slick processing work with that particular guitar loop and had a work in progress posted on SoundCloud. I'm pretty sure old Spinz took not only the tweaked guitar sample, but the drums from Draon84 as well. Gotta love the new "producers" of some of these hip hop artists - stealing stuff right and left, and then claiming it as their own.

21. 466263
    Draon84 : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Yea, I know. I got something some what related to this. I have a friend that works for the Panthers and Knows Cam, and Cam grew up In ATL and Knows Future. So just some circle of oddness if you ask me. But yea can definitely hear lot more when you listen to the full version of "Fly Sh*t Only"

heres the full version of Future from his albums youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IfNB8RdyPg

The strangest thing is his song is everywhere except for on his soundcloud???

22. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Without trying to polarize the issue and diminish Bear's and Draon84's great work after all this is their kudos thread and more power to them. The problem is that loop makers have no propriety control over their work once it is posted here. I've asked this question quite a few times and never had a satisfactory answer why do acapellas have a proprietary distinction and not loops? Sure you can chop up a loop and warp the bejeezus out of them till the result is unrecognisable but then whatever talent was there originally has probably been extinguished, I think if you can recognize your work being used in a commercial venture you should be able to claim compensation if it's not already given.

23. 466263
    Draon84 : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Based on Intellectual Property Laws, you do. Just read the first paragraph http://www.klisheldreth.com/intellectual-property-lawyer-raleigh-nc.html This is the Lawyer I'm working with as well. Hope this helps everyone out into realizing you can seek recognition for your loops.

24. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

I agree Dave. I don't care that the guy used the loop, hell, that's what we put them up here for. What does bother me is that Spinz went to Draon84's SoundCloud page and it looks like he took Draon84's song, samples the shit out of it, and acted like he did the work. He didn't rip me off, he ripped off Draon84 and that's what sucks. Again, I'm thrilled that folks use the loops we make and maybe have a bit of success with them. But I don't like those folks who take songs that were made from a loop - or loops with creative additions and then claim them as their own. It would be nice to get a little recognition from these major artists, but we all know that isn't ever going to happen, haha. Anyway, I hope Draon84 is successful in his pursuit of copyright infringement and gets a bit of compensation for his efforts.

25. 630386
    JosephFunk : Fri 12th Feb 2016 : 2 years ago

Sorry Draon84 on just the issue of loops only intellectual protection is void here. Your link was just one law firms interpretation, or for a lack of a better term, a loosely defined opinion. There is some truth in what they said but not much to ring bells and blow trumpets over it. ASCAP and BMI who have long protected songwriters has both refused recognized loops as individual and unique musical creations that are worthy to copyright and protect according to them. This is why loop companies and sites like these must write their own terms and licenses. If you do not agree to the terms of this site you cannot join or post material here. The Looperman.com license we all agreed to and will hold up in any court in any country because we all freely agreed to the terms and licensing under our own free will. Any rights you think you may have on your loops once posted here are voided instantly because you cannot now rewrite this site license to now fit your own personal needs. When you agreed to the terms here, you did it because you wanted to do that and no one made you do that. Many countries do recognize that freely agreeing to terms electronically like on a website such as this under your own free will is equivalent to a pen signature on a paper based contract.

Even when you upload here you have to check an agreement box every time which again renews your commitment to the Looperman license every time you upload. There are no standing cases that I know of that is currently being deliberated right now to determine if intellectual property rights of loop creators is something even worth considering globally. I also make loops here and I am fully aware of my rights once I upload here. So if someone makes a billion dollars with my loops from this site I am not owed even a penny. If you want to make money from your loops do not upload them here. It is as simple as that.

But them ripping your song off from SoundCloud Draon84, your entire song, and sampling it, I think you may have a case but you will have to bear all the legal costs for representation. A case like this may require you to travel and may take many months. Pharrell Williams (Happy) song legal battle took approximately 2 years in court with his high priced lawyers. So know your battles in life.

Posts 1 - 25 of 31

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Electronic Track