Subscribe To A User

Posts 1 - 25 of 30
  1. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

I'd like the option to privately subscribe to a user or multiple users because there are a lot of people that release amazing loops that I'd love to keep up-to-date with. With the increasing number of loops, it is easy to miss some newly-released loops from some users that you really lean towards. Just a thought.

Brado

2. 987862
    Ep5ilon : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

A very good thought, Brado.

Of course, to privately subscribe to users would be classed as a completely new feature, meaning Looperman will need to make room for it. I'm just wondering where on the Looperman site this could be implemented.

Because it would be a regularly used feature, I suggest adding a new button between 'My Profile' and 'Log Out'.

3. 1564089
    beatbyheart : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

@brado hey was looking for you to check my track if you would like to collaborate
    https://soundcloud.com/user-319193302/under-the-moonlight-background
    And also I agree with the thread we need subscriptions

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

I would recommend using bookmarks, which point directly to the user's loop page. Then you can just find the link to the user you want to download from, and when you click it, you will see their newest loops first. Super easy.

5. 1414881

The problem is that I already have over 50+ bookmarks. I just think it'd be neat to incorporate some sort of user feature into the site, if it was possible. There's a reason sites like YouTube have "Subscribe" buttons. It's part of the community.

Making bookmarks feels a little...tacky to me. Idk how to explain it haha. It'd make the site more interactive I guess is the word I'm looking for. There could just be a feed that alerts you that so-and-so has uploaded new loops.

6. 186161

50+ bookmarks?! I have over 200 just for youtube videos! (no I don't subscribe) I'm guessing near 1000 on this browser in total.

It seems like making the site more "interactive" (I think the word may be "automatic" though) would make the users less interactive. Granted, I don't use loops very often any more, but usually I'm looking for specific sounds and not sounds from specific users.

I guess unless you are trying to collect every loop a person uploads...?

7. 1414881

Haha wow, that is definitely a lot of bookmarks :D The average user (like myself) tends to subscribe to things more often than not. I think it would serve the purpose of if you really like a particular person's style or production or whatever, it'd be nice to keep up-to-date with the loops they are releasing.

8. 1414881

Just ideas of what it would look like:

http://i.imgur.com/bK7HtkX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k0Uw5ak.jpg

9. 186161

I don't know, I guess I've been on Looperman too long or something. I don't even stay logged in to Soundcloud any more... I unfollowed about 600 people on there. I have very few friends on facebook, because that place just makes me angry. Youtube, I don't go there to hear new music often, and many of the groups I watch there don't put out videos any more (if they are even alive any more). I can't really think of anywhere else I go that has a subscribe/follow sort of set up.

10. 186161

ie... if I want a can of soup I go buy it, and if it starts to taste bad I don't buy it any more.

11. 1414881

I feel ya, Spiv :) You're one of the unique types who doesnt follow the trends of the world. And that's definitely not a bad thing, either haha.

12. 186161

Ha ha, I don't know, I've followed my share of trends... it's mostly the social media thing that drives me mad. My family won't even email now, otherwise I wouldn't even visit facebook. I wouldn't complain if Looperman added the feature of course, but I could see it deepening the problem of inactivity in the members.

13. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

This has come up a few times before in the forums and wasn't incorporated then (that's not to say it won't be now) while I can understand the trend to socially engineer media I can also see how this very process dumbs down real interaction, for example anybody that has 1500 so called friends on facebook can't possibly take the time to read all their inane copy and pastes and life stories, it's just accumulating imaginary relationship status. Of course this isn't the op's aim but it's the thin edge of the wedge and sooner or later a subscription ability turns into a like function and then the whole place turns into another friggin facebook.....I rely on my memory if I want to remember something and up until now it's served me well.

14. 186161

Planetjazzbass more eloquently stated what I was trying to convey. I don't have the best memory, which is why bookmarks help me out. I do like the act of rediscovering someone when I have been away from their profile as well. I actually don't bookmark any one's loop page, I was just giving a recommendation for a "workaround." The search function for loops and tracks is very well done at this point, so I find it pretty easy to locate anything I might need.

15. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Fri 22nd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

hey @Spiv! You're cool as always! I love a sane mind position you represent. Just to say to you that I am well (I will write more in details soon)
    ;)

@Brado from a new member https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/1719441 yes I could download each new audio somehow automatically (in the future I mean) if there was an imaginary subscribe button of course (if I was a modern user too).
    'Subscibing some user(s) privetely' involves adding some amount of filtering to what you hear/encounter on this site so it's basically against the very philosophy of this site which is still a site of a free choice, so to speak. Just my understanding.

16. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 23rd Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

It wouldn't "filter" out loops, only make you aware when new loops from your favorite users. Kinda like YouTube, there is a feed in my subscribed area showing new videos that have been released by my favorite uploaders, but that doesn't mean I spend all my time watching only their videos haha. Idk if that makes sense. Considering loops around usually only 4-5 seconds long, it's not much of an inhibiting factor, at least to my understanding. Thanks for the input so far guys!

Brado

17. 1378797
    GregVincey : Sun 24th Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

Yes i like this idea, not only will you not miss your favorite artist new stuff, its easier to spot them from the hundreds of loops online. It should have like a notification button.

18. 1297227
    Ravetic : Mon 25th Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

Being on looperman for almost 2 years now, I would have loved to have a subscribe or follow button. It would be so helpful! I fully support this idea.

19. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 25th Jan 2016 : 6 years ago

Thanks for the support Greg and Ravetic :)

20. 1145732
    TrillSwagGod : Tue 16th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

Came here to post this suggestion but found this thread already up.

I think it would definitely be cool to have a subscription or follow feature. Along with that having a feed associated with your subscriptions separate from the other loops would definitely be helpful.

I think it would encourage activity and be beneficial to the community.

I also think a like or favorite button added to loops would be another unique social feature to incorporate. There could be a loop that you think is really good but don't have a use for and a "Like" could be a way of showing your support for the producer and their work. I think these features could also serve to encourage people to upload more loops.

21. 1173131
    itsXseven : Tue 16th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

I was just thinking of this the other day! It would be a great way to keep connected to the user's you enjoy hearing content from.

22. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 16th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

"also think a like or favorite button added to loops would be another unique social feature to incorporate. There could be a loop that you think is really good but don't have a use for and a "Like" could be a way of showing your support for the producer and their work. I think these features could also serve to encourage people to upload more loops."

Whether you are using a loop or not, if you actually like it, then what is the harm in leaving a couple words to show your support. This is why it would discourage activity, and not encourage it. Clicking a button is barely activity. Forming words and typing them is a bit more involved.

23. 1145732
    TrillSwagGod : Wed 17th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

@spivkurl

There's no harm in it, but how many people actually do that compared to how many are downloading/listening to the loop?

Clicking a like or a button is activity, not everyone wants to or has the time to sit down and write a thoughtful comment about a loop. If they do, it's probably going to be something along the lines of "this is tight", or "This is fire" which really doesn't contribute much more than a like or a favorite button would.

24. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 18th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

@Trill you make some valid points. There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this option which I'm happy to see I'm not alone in having :)

25. 1397157
    blekmeh : Thu 18th Feb 2016 : 6 years ago

Something like this would be pretty neat: http://puu.sh/ncMrz/b34c72c8b9.png ofcourse the "about me" would be centered aswell but I messed the html up and you get the point. That'd be a good place for it atleast. I also think it'd be a good implentation and could improve the website and make it more community like as you kinda get to know specific people and their styles better.

Posts 1 - 25 of 30

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.