Removing Background Noise Tutorial

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 817298
    Enzotic : Sat 9th Jan 2016 : 2 years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIrBFmAXitQ

Hi all! In response to a recent thread on the quality of recordings in the acapella section, I decided to make a tutorial on removing static background noise from recordings inside of FL Studio. I think that I forgot to mention this in the video, but make sure you are using the 32-bit version of FL if you are trying to do this with FL (doesn't work in 64-bit yet).

Hope that this is helpful to some. Any suggestions on future videos that might help users on or visiting this site are welcome! Also, if anyone knows of any alternative software or plugins that has similar features, excluding Izotope RX, please let m know so that I may add it to the description of the video!
  2. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Sat 9th Jan 2016 : 2 years ago I use Izotope RX3 to remove noise. I find audacity damages the audio but it's the same process basically. Haha Excluding IzotopeRX, you don't like that one?
  3. 817298
    Enzotic : Sat 9th Jan 2016 : 2 years ago I like it and have used it before. It's just kind of pricey and I want to discourage people from turning towards pirating software by linking to alternative software that is cheap or free.
  4. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Sun 10th Jan 2016 : 2 years ago It is pricey. Reaper has a noise removal plug in as well that comes native with it. Both work very similar to what you've shown here. Cool tips regardless what plugin you're using. When I record spoken word I do it in a large room at work with minimal background noise. I don't have a proper mic so I use the voice recorder on my phone. Sometimes for a pop filter I'll lay a shirt over it :D Nothing but professional methods LOL! Then I use the method you've shown, select a quiet segment, learn, select entire file to be cleaned, process.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Ambient Track