See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

This Needs To Stop

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 691199
    Modnex : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

Can someone please explain to me why some people claim other people tracks as their own? What do they get out of it? I'm so confused at the idea and it's actually really starting to bother me. I'm starting to notice that a lot of people on here are doing it and are beginning to get caught.

A couple of weeks ago I listened to a certain track on here and took the time (which I had very little of ,at the time) to compliment said person. Only to find out, that same track had been created by a completely different artist who is actually signed with a label. It's not like this is the first time I'm seeing this. I've seen this happen multiple times on this website and outside of this website and those are only the ones who got caught.

This type of thing causes huge problems for me, as I don't think it's fare to the producers who's work they are claiming. Nor to the individuals who actually take the time to comment helpful, and/or respectful comments on the tracks, they've stolen. I like many other individuals on this website, do not always have the time to comment, but try to make time to show my appreciation for all of the hard work the producers on here are doing. This type of thing makes me question if I should even bother commenting, as it might not even be their track. My biggest question is what do they have to gain from this? It's not like they're making any money off of it. The tracks on here are either free or not downloadable. So what do they actually gain from claiming other people music as their own?

2. 817298
    Enzotic : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

That is why I limit what I upload to the Internet. It takes little to no effort to just record audio from the Internet to your DAW. I really don't understand any possible benefit from uploading something that isn't your own work to this site though...

3. 691199
    Modnex : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

I agree with you 100%, Enzotic. It doesn't take much to download anything from the internet, rather the uploader allowed downloads or not. This makes it very easy for people to download your stuff and claim it as their own. This very idea and the fact that people seem to claim other people stuff as their own just for the heck of it, is causing me to question things I've never even thought about a few years ago.

4. 1749534
    Aerobase : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

THERE is a way to shout his name key location music
    meter of noise or speak out subject such as a gate which the suprime sounds every ten seconds we especially among deposit these copies in a bailiff and take justice
    En france seul la date de laquelle le projet cubase au autr suffis pour la justice

5. 1392969
    Zergmazter : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

You don't even need to record it. You can just use 'developer tools' and download the mp3 straight from this website even if it is not downloadable.

I don't know how people can sleep at night posting stuff online they really cared about. I don't post anything unless I consider it practice junk, or loops. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

I'll post however only after commercial release.

6. 1745953
    EnKroach : Sun 3rd Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

Happened to me a few years ago.. Sent my fans to his page.. Never seen a soundcloud account disappear so fast XD.. I took it as a compliment.. Have a distrinct sound or style and you won't have to worry.

7. 1049898
    SteveStepp : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

Heres a side note, and Im not sure if this is even in the scope of what you're talking about... but I've been seeing a lot of vocalists on here leaving captions on their uploadings saying "If you use this vocal, you need to include My name as the ARTIST, and your name as the REMIXER."

This is completely backwards. The vocalist should always be the featured artist on top of the producers track, not the other way around.

Vocalists on LM if you're reading this; the producer is doing 95% of the work for the final track and your vocal contribution is just small piece to the final production. Please do not have the audacity to insist that your vocal is the main part of the finished product. Vocalists will not be listed as the artist being "remixed" by a LM downloader, rather, you will be a featured artist on the downloaders final song.

8. 1378797
    GregVincey : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

This is a huge one. Thats why signature sounds is very important, copyright or not, its easy to spot a thief.

I used to be afraid of uploading music on here and other sites because i know some one will sell it and wouldn't give me credit.

I do know people on this site is already selling my music to make money, maybe am wrong. But i have something greater that they don't have....."longevity".....making music is my passion and i really do love it.

I might not even make a dime or any kind of riches but i will confidently tell you this, i will make it regardless.

And encourage you guys and producer friends, we can still win, there is no such thing as one way, there is options. Lets build each other up and find those options, we will make it together :)

9. 1250729
    Paganini : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

Well, shouting to the face of the world " THIS NEEDS TO STOP ! " will not make 'em shake.

It's a sad reality, it happened in the past and it will happen in the future.

The only way to limit that kind of bullsh*t is, as Greg said, you have to have a signature sound. Nothing is more powerful than that at the moment. Why ? Because you, and only you can recreate it, it's like a very complicated password.

10. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

@Juliet He has RETURNED!!!!!

11. 1250729
    Paganini : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

@BradoSanz Always here! Just having little difficulties at the moment!

I will def be back for real anytime soon.

12. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 4th Jan 2016 : 5 years ago

:DDDD

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums