Easiest Way To Brainstorm On Loop Creation - With A Loop Pedal

Posts 1 - 1 of 1
  1. 1154050
    LooperMusicDOTCOM : Tue 29th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago Nothing puts me out of the creative mood faster than having to deal with finicky technology. I don't think I'm alone with that. Therefore, I will share my recommendation for setting yourself up for impromptu creative sessions to create your loops.

In case you don't know what a loop pedal is (aka loop station or looper), it's simply a pedal that you can use to record sound and then have that sound repeat. Then you can layer on additional sound. There are many loop pedals on the market (over 30 now) and I think it's become overwhelming to try and choose one... more on that later.

Back to the recommendation.. buy a loop pedal (anywhere from $65 to $650), set it up next to your guitar, mixer, something to record the sound (mic or electric guitar), and something to play the sound (an amp), and any other equipment you have. Then when the creative mood strikes you can capture complex song ideas quickly and painlessly.

In order to use a loop pedal for song composition you want to make sure it has either removal memory (SDHC or similar) or a USB that can export the wav files onto your PC. There are several pedals that have those attributes, including Boss RC-30, TC Ditto Stereo, TC Ditto Mic, DigiTech JamMan Stereo, etc.

Check out LooperMusic.com where a very exhaustive list of loop pedals has been created (by me) and I've painstakingly analyzed every detail about this equipment. Let me know if you have questions.
Posts 1 - 1 of 1

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Pop Track