For Anyone That Has Trouble Making Album Artwork

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 987862
    Ep5ilon : Thu 10th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago There's an iPhone app called 'TAD' (Thumbnail Art Design).

https://www.dittomusic.com/blog/create-eye-catching-album-artwork-with-tad
  2. 588276
    StaticNomad : Thu 10th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago I do have trouble with that. Thanks for the suggestion.
  3. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Thu 10th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago http://www.morguefile.com/archive/ This site has free pictures to use and abuse any way you see fit under the only condition you alter the original by adding something.
  4. 1293607
    Venuslove : Sun 13th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago A good program to download as well (Don't have exact name of program) is one that can resize a photo and album art as most websites have a standard pixel size.
  5. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sun 13th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago 4Fat:

That site you mention has some nice photography on it.

Great stuff for free use. Could be effective starting point for twisting up and modifying in Photoshop or similar, not that I've done that much in the last 10 years.
  6. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 14th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago @StaticNomad, yeah now if we could just get you to release an album !!!(haha)
  7. 588276
    StaticNomad : Mon 14th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago NeoMorphin'Bro:

Yeah, if only we could get me to release an album.

I need someone to kick my arse about that on a daily basis...
  8. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 15th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago Dude, for real!
    I got some cash burnin' a hole in my pocket for a the debut LP right now.

Sorry TC, don't mean to jack the thread here but I've been after Static for a few years now (at least it seems like it)to make some of his stuff available. Guess im gonna have to track him down an beat it outta him! Anybody know where he lives? I'm gonna show up on his doorstep one of these days !! (Hey bro don't laugh, I may do it !):)
  9. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 15th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago I'll bring Sloedirt with me and we'll take turns pimp slappin the hell out of ya and force you to make it a double LP with bonus tracks!
  10. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 15th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago Of course I'm kidding here.
    Or am I?????
    HA HA, you better get busy man.

OK TC, I have a hard time considering album art using an iPhone app. I will stick with Photoshop or Illustrator.
  11. 987862
    Ep5ilon : Tue 15th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago @Neomorpheus

You can jack this thread as much as you want. I don't mind.
    I posted this for anyone that was interested. If you're not interested, that's fine.

I got the app for experimental purposes (future album ideas, etc.). Believe it or not, I use Microsoft Word and the editing functions in Mac OS X Preview to make my albums. My signature E was made this way.
  12. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 15th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago Album artwork is a subject that continually pops up in the Forum. I checked out your link and this app really is pretty cool. It is however limited to Apple iphone /ipad. It was offered for free for a limited time which ended Dec. 14th. Not sure what the cost will be to purchase, but if your looking for a pretty quick way of adding some text and simple graphic effects to a picture for album art, forum avatar etc. its worth a look see.
    This is a nice find TC, especially for those with limited artistic skills who don't want to pay for artwork.
  13. 588276
    StaticNomad : Wed 16th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago NeoMorphin'Bro:

"I've been after Static for a few years now (at least it seems like it)to make some of his stuff available"

It's probably only about two, so a bit less than a few.

Yes, take a plane flight to London (England) and bring The Dirty Sloebro with you as well a couple of you Americans' favourite toys - guns. Then you can force me at gunpoint to assemble an album or ten for you to take back home with you.

We can call the blues one something like Gunpoint Blues.

Would be nice to meet the pair of you, in spite of the gun in my face circumstances.
  14. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Wed 16th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago HAHA, been wondering how you would respond to my bogus threat of physical violence. I'm really a pacifist for the most part, so your pretty safe. Although I would love a good reason to make a trip across the pond. England is one of the places I would like to visit someday. All kidding aside though, you must know besides myself, many here would in fact also like to get their hands on some of your tracks. With this thread I think I have actually risked being banned to get you to make some StaticNomad available to your fan base. I will even go one step further and offer my artistic services to you if you so desire, to collaborate on and create any type of artwork you desire for album cover, promotional content, vector graphic T-shirt design ... whatever you want - totally free of charge. My only request is to include that new metal track you posted recently, which I haven't had time to comment on yet but totally dig !
    So, no more excuses bro, its time (long over due) for you to go public. And hey, since the new Star Wars movie is now out, you don't even have to worry about competing for media attention!
  15. 588276
    StaticNomad : Thu 17th Dec 2015 : 2 years ago Neo:

Hey, thanks very much for the offer, which I'm seriously considering taking you up on.

In a way, we aren't totally hijacking this thread as it's about getting album art made and I'm someone who has a bit of a problem with that. You're offering to help me out so that seems relevant.

I guess the next step is for me to see some of the (album) art you can make. I only need a couple of images per album (front and back cover).

You've inspired me to get back into the album compiling and I've been busily going through my mass of tracks over the last day (and also remixing/updating/improving them).

I'm grouping them roughly by genre and I think I've got enough for around 14 albums. I have quite a bit more material than that but I'm not happy with those tracks or they're unfinished or whatever.

"include that new metal track you posted recently"

If you mean Chasm https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/172322

then yes that will be on my heavy album, along with tracks like Valvedriven and The Bigger The Fatter The Better.

"since the new Star Wars movie is now out, you don't even have to worry about competing for media attention!"

I expect anything I release to be noticed by only a few people (10-15?) who know me through this site and a few people I know personally. If anyone else were to take any notice whatsoever I'd be both pleased and surprised. I guess someone needs to feature it on their psychedelic/far out music blog or something.

Thanks again and I'll send you a PM about the album artwork. I'm not planning to release 14 albums at the same time but perhaps one every couple of months or so. Or maybe I should wait till I'm 70 years old and release 50 or so all at the same time.
  16. 1851086
    BlueSpaceStudio : Sun 24th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago If you have problem with album artwork contact me :)
    https://www.facebook.com/BlueSpaceStudio/
  17. 1074070
    DJSLTUK : Mon 25th Apr 2016 : 2 years ago Use pixlr Express to really make any free to use picture yours as you can do lots of cool laying...profile pic is a good example using 3 separate free to use images.

Regards,

DJ-SLT-UK
Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Chill Out Track