Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

RIP Scott Weiland

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 4th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

And now for something completely different...

Scott Weiland died in his sleep yesterday in a town a couple hours from here. It's too bad we won't have any more music from this excellent songwriter and performer. He really did break through some barriers.

While he was more known for Stone Temple Pilots work, I have been fond of his solo album "12 bar blues" since it came out.... If you haven't heard it, now is the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ4avJ1Cgp8

Well, everything begins and ends unendingly. He was a cool musician.

2. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Fri 4th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Thanks for informing us. I wasnt aware of this artist. It is not the style which I usually preffer but some songs from this album sound really good to me.
    Maybe it is just a coincidence but I intend to work on 12 bar blues too.

3. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Fri 4th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Seems like we've lost alot this year. Sad, I loved his work with Stone Temple Pilots. Saw the news last night but no cause or circumstances other than he was on his tour bus and was scheduled to perform in just a few hours.

4. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 5th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

It turns out he was supposed to perform here in Rochester tonight if not for this. Bummer.

5. 1250729
    Paganini : Sat 5th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Authorities say it may have been a cocaine overdose.

6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 5th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Seemed like he had been off of drugs, but who knows.

7. 589130
    Unknown User : Sun 6th Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

I was just going to post a thread on his loss, but luckily I ran into yours. Very sad, I was shocked to find out today. Funny, I was cranking their 'No.4' EP just this evening, go figure. Scott was a strong influence to me, one of my all time favorite frontman and vocalist. RIP SW, you will be highly missed.

Thank you for posting this Spiv.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums