Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

ByeBye

Posts 1 - 25 of 61
  1. 1044386
    Abilify : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

So this Website finally reached the point to be insanely boring to me. It's so dead compared to what it was two years ago. Back then there never was a week without three 1.5k downloads loops, today it's like the BEST loop of the month has about 1k.
    And its either 40A, Juliet (who stopped uploading as well, which i absolutely understand why), me or Danke.
    Skeiz, AtlasBlue and Juliet dont show their face anymore and i kinda liked those guys. This site seems so dead to me.
    Plus, i think its the biggest bullshit ever, that people who just comment on everything like This guy for example: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/172049 and still get like all the plays at their stuff.
    This track is so GARBAGE. No effort in making it, no skill needed, just one simple melody going for 4 minutes straight.
    And nearly 100% of loopermans track are exactly like this. The really really good ones are barely getting noticed, because noone knows the creater of it and just doesnt listen to it.
    And this is really the biggest issue on looperman.
    So im out, no more loops from timmy, it was the best site ever back then, but now its trash imo.
    bye.

2. 688110
    novaspace : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

just listened to that track. well i find it actually a great tune for the super nintendo!!! But why should you be bothered about this guy has many plays. I havent much plays as well besides that i wasnt much active on this site before. This is still a community. And most of the people are "beginners"

Just take a break from looperman you can always come back.

3. 1108368
    BeatMaker4real : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Bro you know I never ran across your tracks before today, and I was blown away....nice work on the tracks...and yea I do agree that track does sound like garbage. LoL ..just keeping it real.

4. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

You DO realize that this track you posted is extremely unique because it uses no software and is hand-patched by someone who knows how to use analogue equipment that he built himself? I actually find it to be pretty amazing and an interesting piece.

"No effort in making it, no skill needed"

Despite the fact that it's all analogue and if I recall correctly hardly anyone knows how to use anologue anymore OR patch synths like he did. That takes a lot of time and consideration to get the synth patch one is looking for. You clearly don't see that, and would suggest you do a bit more research into what people are actually doing with their music, as he explains what he is doing in the description which you apparently did not to read.

"people who just comment on everything like This guy for example: https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/172049 and still get like all the plays at their stuff."

That's what this community is about. If you put in effort to make comments on other people's tracks, you'll get back the same love in return. It's not his fault that the other "better" producers aren't taking the time to make thoughtful comments on other peoples tracks. If they get pushed out of the queue, it's no one's fault but their own.

But, to be fair, you sound upset so I'll take it you're coming across as more harsh than you mean to be. That's cool, we all have our days.

Peace,

Brado

5. 688110
    novaspace : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

"That's what this community is about. If you put in effort to make comments on other people's tracks, you'll get back the same love in return. It's not his fault that the other "better" producers aren't taking the time to make thoughtful comments on other peoples tracks. If they get pushed out of the queue, it's no one's fault but their own. "
    Well said Brado!

6. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

It's just a little bit irritating to use Spiv as an example. He is one of the most active members on this site! And to speak so lowly of his music just because it doesn't appeal to a particular taste and thus deemed "trash" is very rude. Spiv doesn't have to be here sharing his knowledge and his art with us but still chooses freely to do so. Unlike the other "better" producers who only check back once in a blue moon. Okay, rant done :)

7. 1319133
    Fanto8BC : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

A good night's sleep and you'll feel better Timmy

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Thanks Brado for the support. Honestly, I don't care if this person doesn't like my songs, especially considering he didn't listen closely to what was going on in the song. There is key changes, suggested keys, and live performance of accent bits. Aside from that, this song has only four comments, how can that seem like an unfair amount? You. "TimmyDarkside," have uploaded 70 loops and have commented on 67 songs. This is not much contribution for two years on the site. I have been commenting on songs regularly for many years.... 5625 at this point. Many many of these were before the "featured" track focus of the site. I do it because I want, and because there are people here who make great music. I want to help people who come here looking for interaction on feedback. Don't like it, no one is forcing you, just don't knock me publicly... My music is not here for you.

9. 1319133
    Fanto8BC : Tue 1st Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Yes Spivkurl, it is regrettable that you may be taken as an example because you do a good job on Looperman. Changes nothing, you're perfect. Stay cool guys !

10. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

@TimmyDarkside...Sure it can be unsettling when people you've connected with no longer frequent the site and it can appear that the energy previously experienced here has diminished somewhat...this is always going to happen with any online community, people come and go, there's ebbs and flows but there's no point getting despondent about it though, you need to exercise a little more patience and understand that what you put into the site is what you ultimately get out, getting petulant and taking a swipe at Spivkurl serves no purpose at all, if anything he's the best example of this site's character you could possibly pick, with an unflagging contribution in the form of reviews,music and advice given over many years...You obviously loved the site at one stage and if you concentrate more on a contributory level you'll find your Looperman mojo again. (maybe)

11. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

You must also keep in mind that this is the holiday season in many circles. It is often a slow time for anything besides shopping. I know for me this is one of the slowest times I have ever seen on Looperman. I don't think you realize the dedication I have to music in general. You obviously do not listen carefully to songs. The best advice I can give you is to pay a little more attention.

12. 186161

You have entirely as much right to contribute to the site and gain it's powers, so please do not complain when someone else does just that. Maybe you should post more tracks which are longer than 30 seconds to a minute... maybe you would get a more of the reaction you are looking for.

13. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

TimmyDarkside on Tue 30th Sep 2014 - 1 year ago
    Commented on Proximal Vicinity Spivkurl Mix 13B MasterB by Spivkurl

"HAh! Spiv :D
    Yeah, it's me again, Timmy, the unknown.
    I just wanted to thank you for this tracj because now I can sleep c:
    This sounds beautiful and it's I can relax when I hear it.
    So.
    This is still qiet an unusual track.
    I love unusual tracks.
    I actually hate mainstream, hah)
    well, that's something wich we both do c:
    Showing others that unusual does not mean worse.
    Thanks and good night :D!"

...what a tool.

14. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

I'm sure once he cools off it'll all be good. We tend to say things we don't mean when were frustrated. :)

Brado

15. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Targeting Pat isn't a real smart thing to do. He's uploaded over 850 loops, reviewed over 5,600 tracks, made over 1700 forum posts, and shared his vast musical and technical knowledge with all of us over the years (I joined in 2008 as well). You may not like or appreciate his music, but you have to respect his enormous contributions to this site over the years. I hate to see anyone leave, but like the others have stated, a community is only as good as people make it. Trashing someone you obviously haven't taken the time to get to know and appreciate isn't the way to build community. Just my two cents......

16. 630386
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Hey guys, Joe Funktastic here. Thanks for allowing for cooler heads to prevail here. Timmy is my good friend of mine, I have spoken to him offline many times previously. He is a highly motivated man with a lot of positive musical energy, believe that. He's not a bad guy by no stretch of the imagination and he is not an angry guy. At most maybe feeling frustrated and maybe feeling a bit under appreciated but he meant no personal ill will to you Spivkurl in the least amount please believe me when I say that you know me. I am hoping that this will just blow over quickly to allow Timmy to return when he feels more relaxed. At some point in all of our lives we all have made a gaff or two or three or.... Nearly everything that needed to be said here has been said so far. We all have to vent sometimes but in hindsight we all need to be more careful on how we do it.

@Evisma

...what a tool.

I take extreme exception in the utmost terms for that comment! Do not start shit here because there is no need for that. You've been warned! I will report you to Looperman if you continue an unwarranted verbal assault on Timmy and Looperman might lock this thread. Keep things like that to yourself! Unnecessary Mudslinging has no place here! I have respect for Spivkurl and Timmy. Let them both work this out privately offline soon.

@Brado

Correct sir! And Thank you!

17. 951439
    Evisma : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

@Joe

I pointed out his extreme hypocrisy, and would again.

"Unnecessary Mudslinging has no place here!"

Reread the OP you're defending. Mud was slung from the start. I don't care if you're buds with this guy. Your words do not change the praise he gave Spiv before calling his music garbage.

"You've been warned! I will report you to Looperman if you continue an unwarranted verbal assault on Timmy"

You don't tell me anything. I used Timmys own words to point out how backward his OP was from his praising comment to Spiv. And what do you think a tool is? Do you think it's obscene? Hateful? It means I believe his stance is idiotic. He called out someone's music as shit and acted better than everyone. I've been called worse things on this site and you never sprang into action,... cause we aint buds. Selective hall monitoring. Report what you want. Someone needed to point it out after he openly talked trash.

18. 851137
    crucethus : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Really Joe,
    You take exception to Evisma pointing out the Very words Timmy Used on Spivs song. And then take umbrage with his comment "What a Tool" Which clearly depicts his opinion of the hypocrisy of Timmy's latter comments about "Artists like https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/172049" which he couldn't even be a man and say Spivs name in his disparaging of his work. Really....., you're going to defend that and threaten Evisma with a tattlin to the principle because this snowflake is having bad day and instead of him being a professional and maybe taking some time away and regroup his thoughts he pulled the classic facebook(playground) wah wah i'm going away now and I'm taking my basketball with me bull crap..really....cmon you're better than that! Proud of Spiv's evenly measured response, good job Brado's rhetoric, but in no way can I blame Evisma for pointing out the obvious and the mild way he did it.
    Crujustice
    really!

19. 851137
    crucethus : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV40ob_OXC4

20. 589130
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

Timmy, chill brother, you're just frustrated. There's no need to crucify other artists because their music does not appeal to your taste. Take a break, then maybe you'll come back with a clear mind.

So this Website finally reached the point to be insanely boring to me.It's so dead compared to what it was two years ago.

This site goes through changes periodically. People come and go. I miss many of my friends I came across when I first started, but I've embraced many new faces on here, and appreciate their contributions to this site.

This track is so GARBAGE. No effort in making it, no skill needed, just one simple melody going for 4 minutes straight.

What is 'garbage' to some is treasure to many.

Take a break and come back with a clear minded head :)

21. 1414881

peace and love, my friends :)

22. 1414881

Well, this is awkward. I was reading through the thread again and the Featured electronic track was Spiv's "Roots and Branches" LOL

23. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

hey Timmy. please do not go away! you may miss the future track which I am still working with Spiv so do not go away!
    Even by playing our last track extremely loud you won't lose connection with dynamics and harmonics. Try it! https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/171320

It is obvious that you're revealing your ingnorance and frustration by starting the following thread. Considering some older looperman thread from you (was about your exams and that 'Im gonna be away again') I find all this quite entertaining. Basically I do not care about your temporary unability to contribute more to the site. Try to be positive and a little bit more open to the creativity factor sometime later maybe.

There are few things that really scare crap out of me when listening to your 'works' and loops. Ridiculously loud and very poor melodically - just mentioning two basic issues which is why I do not listen to Trap and Dubstep and like. I know you do not care about other's feelings but it is just to let you know.

You really do not need bother others by posting here.n You're not even bored but just boring to me.

Take care.
    B.

24. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Wed 2nd Dec 2015 : 5 years ago

oh *ridiculously clicky (in a plastic way of course)
    my mistake

uh uh (lol)

oh

ah

25. 186161

Thank you to everyone who has spoken up here. I don't claim to be the finest musician in the world or anything, but it is a good feeling to not hear a bunch of people speaking up in support of Timmy's opinion of me or my music. I have for more important things to contend with than repenting for being who I am to any social media tool.

Posts 1 - 25 of 61

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums