Email Notification Change

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 1021431
    GoldenOokami : Wed 28th Oct 2015 : 6 years ago

Hey guys! GoldenOokami here! I have noticed something for a while now, and I'm just now getting to mentioning it. Being a full time college student takes time like nobody's bid-ness. Anywho...

When I first came to this site, I was met by a lot of you cool, experienced awesome loopermembers. (Yes I just made that up. Please don't sue. You won't get much more than pocket lint and a nickle.) Whenever I would leave a track or post a forum, or leave a comment, ect, I would wait eagerly for comments or replies, and get a notification on my email.

Back when notifications were awesome and I saw that +1 new notification on my Outlook, I'd be able to click on it, and bam...there it is, a comment on a track, or reply on a forum, or whatever it be, and the exact thing that was said by whoever. It was there, readable through my email.

However, now...I don't get that same luxury. (I sound like a spoiled brat and lazy fu**, I know. Forgive me.) Now, whenever I get those awesome comments left on a track, or reply of a comment, or whatever it may be, I am now required to click on the link which guides me to the exact link of wherever the reply or post was left by someone. This may seem like a silly thing to even mention, but I cannot shake that when I use my phone, and have to go through my email, go to the notification, then to the link just to see what was said, I can't. My phone is derpish with this site, which requires me to do a new captcha thing, like selecting all the images that are street signs, to continue towards the reply or comment. Unfortunately, on my phone it never accepts the captcha options of the street signs, so I'm assuming I fail, and sees me as a bot.

Anyhow, is there anything that can be done? Could we possibly go back where the exact messages, replies, comments, ect are seen directly through the email? Do I just hush and deal with it, or am I even the only one effected by this? Let me know guys? Thanks!

~GO

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Wed 28th Oct 2015 : 6 years ago

This is a question that can only be answered by Looperman. But until then, the new captcha system was put in place to combat the growing threat of hackers, malware, zombies, scripts and bots from my understanding. I do not think going back is an option anymore. Before the login update change was implemented, a hacker might have set off a bot script before he went to bed and then wake up in the morning with a report of possible weak looperman user accounts to use. The Captcha system insures that a real living and breathing warm body is actually logging in. It also prevent bot spamming of internal messages here too.

I remember a time in personal computing when anti-virus was optional and was not mandatory long ago in the 1980s. As technology becomes more advanced and complex, the technology required to secure these systems will also rapidly change and grow to keep up with the ever changing and evolving daily global tech threats.

One of the biggest threats that could devastate this site with no chance of recovery is CrptoWall otherwise known as Ramsomware. All of your files will become encrypted by am anonymous hacker and you must pay a fee to gain back control of your Server, PC/Laptop or Mac. In a shocking turn of events the FBI said just pay the ransom. Just have a good backup handy if this happens to you. BTW, Turn off file sharing and turn off you Remote Desktop feature whenever possible.

3. 1
    Looperman : Wed 28th Oct 2015 : 6 years ago

This was changed for a number of reasons and wont be changed back im afraid. If anything more of the notifications will move this way in future.

Sounds to me more an issue with how you have your phone set up if you have to log in and complete the captcha every time you visit the site. The new google captcha remembers who you are and speeds up the process.

4. 1021431
    GoldenOokami : Wed 28th Oct 2015 : 6 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the replies guys! It's always great getting info from Mr. Funkman himself, as well as the creator! Peace~

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.