An Idea To Make Sorting Loops From The Website Easier

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1107806
    15ludwicke : Fri 11th Sep 2015 : 6 years ago

I have been using loops on this site for quite some time and have been running into the same issue: I'll download a loop, let it sit there for a couple weeks, and then use it in a song when the need arises. By that time however, I have already forgotten what key the loop was in when I downloaded it, and so then I have to get back on looperman, retrace my steps and pull up the loop to get the key and then resume working. I think that if Mr.Looperman could find a way to incorporate the key of the loop into the downloaded file name when it downloads from the website, it could really save me and probably a lot of other Looper users the hassle.

An example(shout out to xyilent for the loop):
    looperman-l-1247377-0082827-xyilent-xyilent-hip-hop-piano

would be changed to:
    looperman-l-1247377-0082827-xyilent-xyilent-hip-hop-piano-F#

Of course the user would have to put the key of the loop in the "key" section of the loop upload screen for this to work(which i know many loop uploaders do not do in the first place), but I think that this could work a lot better and make it more efficient to sort through the loops of people that actually do put the keys up. I also think that this is a better solution than simply trying to get everyone to put the key in the title of their loops.(although that is another solution, that seems very unrealistic) All in all, this idea would pretty much make it easier for uploaders and downloaders alike. The uploaders don't have to do any more work than simply uploading the loop with the key, and the downloaders have an easier time using the loop and fitting it to their work. One side gets more exposure for their work because of how accessible the loops are, and the other side gets more loops to make their tracks even more amazing. Everyone wins. (Even Mr. Looperman will get more traffic to the site with everyone scrambling to get these shiny new loops with the keys in the downloaded file name, lol)

I hope I was able to convey my idea clearly to all of you! Thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble about it, and I hope this makes it to Mr. Looperman!

Thanks again guys,
    Rico L.

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 11th Sep 2015 : 6 years ago

Interesting idea, and I must say that I support it! I am one who has adjusted my titles to show the key that instrumental loops are in for exactly the reasons which you stated, so this would help me out. I am less likely to download a loop without key information added, unless it sound really spectacular. I also don't like to upload instrumental loops without key information filled in. An automated system to add this to the file name would be excellent!

3. 1107806
    15ludwicke : Sun 13th Sep 2015 : 6 years ago

Thanks for your input spiv, I'm glad you find the idea useful as well!

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.