The Power Of Loops And A Live Italian Drummer

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

Big thanks to a great guy and drummer Straight Outta Italy! His name is Gigi Morello and he grabbed a loop of mine and got really busy. Things like this truly make this really great! Thanks Gigi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96JchELpuUI

my loop:
    https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/86318/drum-and-beauty-piano-fxs-176c-by-mrfunktastic-free-176bpm-drum-and-bass-piano-loop

and

https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/86317/drum-and-beauty-strings-176c-by-mrfunktastic-free-176bpm-drum-and-bass-strings-loop

2. 332386
    madscape : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

That's the power of music, it doesn't get any sweeter than that! But you one bad mutha making that mojo music

3. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

Thanks madscape! Just doing my part to promote others whom I worked with on this site. There is a lot of hidden talent here on this site. Thanks!

4. 332386
    madscape : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

True words spoken brother! Always in for giving a hand up for all talent.

5. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

Now that's how it's done. Impressive!

These kind of things always remind of the old fashioned way of recording things...a bunch of guys just jammin away until it clicks.

We kinda lost that gel throughout the years.

6. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 19th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

Cool stuff Joe!...sounds great,I really like his minimal kit concentrating on bass,snare and hihat,you see a drummer setting up a double kit with a gadzillion toms and you just know it'll be all over the place!

7. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Thu 20th Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

There are a lot of parts where he's hitting the snare but there's no snare sound haha. Really cool nonetheless :D

8. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 21st Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

@Mahloo
    My old pal who I got tons of respect for, ha ha ha! It's was quite a surprize for me to get a video from Gigi. Gigi's other drum videos are amazing too with a full drum arrangement. It was cool of him to use my loops. Thanks man!

@PJB
    Well Dave, that's what makes this place, LOOPERMAN.COM really special. Yes Gigi went minimal but in his others videos the guy is just amazing. It was one of those things Dave, he used my loops and I was blown away. I had to tell somebody! Cheers!

@ER
    On behalf of Gigi if I may, thanks! He is a very accomplished drummer. Check some of his other videos. Doing a minimalist drum config, he wanted illustrate rapid ability to improvise and deliver a complex beat. Thanks on behalf of Gigi!

9. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Fri 21st Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

great drum performance! however regarding to the video: from about 1:36 when serious solo starts there is a very slight timing disconnect happening between the actual sound coming directly into my ears and the 'animation' being observed same time. Sight sense is much faster (at least in my experience) so there is a clashing/delayed sound appearance being continuously noticed. It would be probably extremely barely noticed by an average perciever - this really makes all those video visualisations/clips so engaging to always-contemporary-modern audience... Not trying to sound negative at all on this one but it is always a matter of synchronizing the actual performance with an 'image' even when captured at the same time point or even afterwards.
    I will check out more of his drum works. Thanks a lot for sharing this one!

10. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 22nd Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

"Sight sense is much faster (at least in my experience) so there is a clashing/delayed sound appearance being continuously noticed."

Yea, I noticed that but it wasn't too big a deal. It was still sweet to me :P That drummer looks like he belongs in a hardcore-metal band or something.

11. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 23rd Aug 2015 : 3 years ago

@ER
    Thanks man! I am not the author of this video. Like you, I try to make every effort to remain positive and offer advice for peeps to improve. Sometimes over analysis just kills it for the next guy. I am glad you said what you said. He clearly was aware he had a sync issue but decided to go with what he had anyway, no real big deal. Thanks and Peace everybody!

12. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 7th Jan 2019 : 5 months ago

#FlashBack

13. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Tue 7th May 2019 : 1 month ago

#FLASHBACK2 For Drum & Bass!

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads