Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Loopers With Own Albums

Posts 1 - 25 of 31
  1. 928569
    mstmusic : Sat 1st Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

Hey Loopers!

The reason why I've created this thread is that I would like to know who makes full albums or EPs on this forum. Albums often tell a kind of story. Every track is different but despite this, it is a part of something bigger and that's what fascinates me. Is there anyone who made their own? If yes, post them here. I'll listen to them for inspiration.

I've recently released my own electronic music album "Progression" which gained support from DJs Magazine Online (the biggest in Poland, my country) and popular club music website Club-life.eu. It reached over 3k plays a one week after official release.

It is available here:
    https://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a150078/progression
    https://msoundtech.bandcamp.com/album/progression

Now it's time for your albums! Spread them here :D No matter what type of music it is - I'll listen to them all and possibly spread opinion.

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 2nd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

Cool thread!

I guess if you include my EP and the Iris-T-Shirt Album, I have released 13 of them. They're all available for free at:

http://www.wearerecords.com/capitalistmarket.html

It's most likely just because it is the weekend that no one else has replied... seems to get pretty dead on the internet between friday and sunday.

3. 1415107
    Tevysound2 : Sun 2nd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I love to grab inspiration from everyone's stuff. EPs and Albums are one big story from the artist. I've done 3 EPs so far, and am currently working on my first album :) Here's my most recent EP https://soundcloud.com/tevy-2/sets/the-fairy-tales-ep-free-download

4. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Sun 2nd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I have the same kind of mind frame whilst working on any album. A cohesive story needs to be told, even with instrumental projects.

I come from the days where you didn't buy an album for a single, you got an album to listen entirely through side A, flipped the tape over and into side B.

Can hear my stuff at http://www.cesound.com

My latest album 'Lights Rising - A Question of Conscience' is my crowning achievement thus far. Enjoy! :)

5. 1416774
    SikNoiz : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I've done a few EPs.
    You can download them all for free if you want.

Zombies EP (A collab I did with some other people on LM):
    www.mediafire.com/?o8jexu0ypvca4q7

Step One EP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba7aglx8ninnu2n/Step+One+EP.rar

That Moment EP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9cjbhp54htz8vrz/That+Moment+EP.rar

Most of my best stuff is on my Soundcloud, though.

6. 987862
    Ep5ilon : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I have 3 EPs and one LP.
    The LP 'Sonic Earth' was made last year. I created it in a way that it takes the listener on a journey through the diversity of the EDM spectrum. It features acapellas from several Looperman users.

https://soundcloud.com/ep5ilon/sets/sonic-earth-lp

7. 928569
    mstmusic : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

Thanks for replies! I thought that forum simply ignores me, but I was fortunately wrong :)

@Spivkurl I'll listen to your albums as soon as I get access to my home internet connection. I would listen to it now, but you provide only rar files, without streaming. It is more comfortable for listeners to listen to music uploaded on services like Bandcamp or Jamendo. If I were you, I would also think about refreshing your site design.

@ Tevysound2 Well produced album. Not my style, but I liked melodic parts. As I am really keen on ambient & chillout sounds, I'm not the right person to precisely review your content. Despite this, I appreciate your fairy tales influences :)

@consciousentitymusic I love your fusion of hip hop and rock music! "For Us" is definitely my favourite.

@TClancy EDM is definitely the music I'm keen on. Your sound is specific, quite "robotic" and "electronic". Big ups for voices on the album, especially on "Rewind". If I had a chance, I would undoubtedly make a collab with her. Another up for fascinating intro. I saved album to my favourites!

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

"@Spivkurl I'll listen to your albums as soon as I get access to my home internet connection. I would listen to it now, but you provide only rar files, without streaming. It is more comfortable for listeners to listen to music uploaded on services like Bandcamp or Jamendo. If I were you, I would also think about refreshing your site design."

Uhm... we're on a streaming site right now... I have 75 tracks available here to stream, and many of them for download. wearerecords.com is an artists collective not some kind of social media conglomerate. Every bit of the site was hand coded over the last 14 years.... I mean give me a break, we started it when we were on Windows 98 and dial up modems. Aside from that you are asking about albums, and you want them streaming?! That's not how I listen to albums, that's how I listen to songs. If you want to hear my albums on your phone, you can put them there yourself. These are meant to be burnt to a CD and listened on a respectable stereo system. Must be nice to be 18... not.

9. 186161

Basically you're saying I should do what you do. Why?

10. 928569

So, I'm downloading your last album straight to my computer now. I'll explain you why I prefer streaming. First of all, I would like to know if an album is worth listening. I listen carefully to each song and if I truly like it (and want to listen again), I transfer it to my phone memory later when I'm in front of my computer. If I love the album, I burn them on CD to listen to it also in my car. A couple of years ago I also provided my album in zip files, but it was poor idea. Only 2 people downloaded the package. The same album on huge streaming website - Jamendo was downloaded about 60 times (also in package). The difference is huge. It's also more comfortable idea. When it comes to "phone listening" - I have cool Pioneer headphones and they provide great quality of sound. I use them while listening to my phone.

I only give you a piece of advice what to do to bring you more listeners. You should progress. Technology became better throughout the years, now that time for your website to become better and more advanced.

I checked out your album "Charting The Anomaly". Despite the fact that I prefer calm melodies, Night8 and Seplicate are quite cool tracks.

Cheers,
    Michael

11. 928569

@siknoiz

I've listened whole Step One EP. I truly loved "Vision" for its immensely great melody. Well used creative samples! Also, I noticed a lot of energy on "Pulse". These tracks go straight to my favourites!

12. 186161

I appreciate you clarifying your position.

I do not feel the need for more listens, and am on the other hand quite surprised by how many listens I get. Three of the top five played electronic tracks on Looperman are mine at the moment, as well as three of the top five industrial tracks. This is with number of track plays getting reset after a couple years of being a member (when the site was rebuilt). This is more than I ever imagined.

People can stream my music easily enough, and if they like it, they go get the albums. I don't keep track of my web page statistics any more, it is only there for our personal expression.

People compare my music with Bowie, Zappa, Duran Duran, New Order and stuff like that... why would I not keep this vintage ethic in my website design? I do not own or intend to own a smart phone, and also would not design my website based on them.

What would you do if someone posted a link to their album which is only available on vinyl? Tell them to put out mp3s? Please don't ask people to downgrade their artistic integrity for modern convenience, there is far too much of that about as it is.

13. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

hey Spivkurl. so happy you had a chance to come across this thread - I must say I saw this one yesterday and the very first thought of mine was connected directly to your last 'Charting The Anomaly' - honestly the only full and coherent collection of musical pieces I've experienced via looperman site so far. Looperman space still feels much more like a 'workshop space' for single 'tracks' to me for some reason...

Definitely it makes a little difference to get a real album instead of just borwsing the sites mentioned above and downloading mp3's -
    I luckily own one real CD album which was produced by a lm member few months ago (he's not active anymore) http://www.loudmedicine.net/index.html

I hope it is ok eventhough I am probably the only one person here without album haha

And of course the mind will make a story out of any possible compilation of sounds.... just clarifiying my spiritual position...

:)

14. 928569

@Spivkurl I appreciate your achievements. I know you are one of the biggest producers here. You don't have to change anything. Artist shouldn't change his own identity only for listeners.

Despite this, I'm the new generation. I have never hold vinyl in my hands. The time you started this website was the time when I was a kid. Vinyls are now only optional for producers that release their tracks via streaming services. They are aimed only at collectors. New generation needs something different. SoundCloud and Bandcamp are the services that meet all my expectations of distributing music. I always have access to music I love. That's my opinion. That's how I like to listen to music.

15. 1416774

@MSoundTechee
    Thank you! It's nice to know that my music is enjoyable. :)
    As for your album Progression, I love it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see you at Ultra Music Festival or some other huge event.

I remember Have You Ever Tried. I remixed it a while back when you submitted it to the "I'll Remix Your Track" thread.

Did you ever get a chance to hear it?
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/pcc58v2p62g6vtc/HYET+SikNoiz+Redux.mp3

16. 1221332
    srm2888 : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I've done a few albums but they are private and you need a code to get them. If you want one just let me know. Heres a sample, It won't kill you.

https://soundcloud.com/realityiscandy/vatchechowav

17. 1416774

@srm2888
    I wouldn't mind hearing your stuff.
    :)

18. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

@MSoundTechee Thanks for checkin' it out! I was adamant about doing the midtro (For Us) for the album, oddly enough it also became one of my favorites too! I did all the instrumentation for the album, heavily influenced by a one Mr. Trent Reznor. I wanted to do everything myself, right down to arrangement, effects, mixing and mastering, release and distribution. I'm sure there could be room for improvements but I truly feel I got exactly the sound I was after.

I ended up releasing my acapellas on this site, from doing that I met a great team of guys and got over 50 remixes in only a few months from various countries around the world. We started something called the 'International League of Producers' or abbreviated its ILP. There are a few guys from Poland in ILP! You should check us out bro, maybe think about applying!

http://www.cesound.com/ilp

19. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Mon 3rd Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

@conscious entity. are you a spiritual entity for real? It might open endless possibilitiess ss for us s eventually anyway, I mean...

I am into deconstructin g m yself getting into single patterns currently. not commercial-oriented approach involved at all lll as considered as being that self-obsession n twitter oriented as you are, sorry to say.

so just trying to remain conscious throughought the daay yaay myself ff.

Maybe I'll try to compile some of my future work into a set/bunch of a different yet listenable 'entity' sometime (?)

20. 186161

"Vinyls are now only optional for producers that release their tracks via streaming services. They are aimed only at collectors. New generation needs something different."

Your first point here shows a large lack of exposure to musicians.

Your second is just ignorant, sorry to say... You are claiming then, that mp3 releases are for serious music listeners, and records/tapes/CD's are just dust collectors? These are tangible real items, which can last decades or longer with some care. A digital file is not real, not permanent, not precious.

I would agree with your third point... they need to stop with the voluntary frontal lobotomies, and switch to voluntary sterilizations.

No offence of course, as that is directed towards everyone in the world, not just LM users or participants in this thread.

Aside from that promenade2239 thanks for the mention and support!

21. 928569

@Spivkurl I've released my own album also on physical CD. I collect CD's from my favorite artists and I own a lot of them. I do love reading booklets while listening to music. I didn't say that only mp3s are the right option. I meant that every release should be provided with comfortable streaming on the Internet.

"These are tangible real items, which can last decades or longer with some care. A digital file is not real, not permanent, not precious."
    CD lasts longer than mp3. That's true, but mp3 streaming helps boost CD exposure and sales. CD & mp3 should both exist and support each other.

@consciousentitymusic I'll consider joining your group :)

@promenade2239 You'll get the chance of getting another Looperman user physical album. In a couple of weeks I plan to start competition on my fanpage. More info soon. https://www.facebook.com/MSoundTech

@siknoiz I've listened to your remix. It should be released soon on "Progression The Remixes" album. Also, thanks for kind words about my own music.

22. 186161

"CD lasts longer than mp3. That's true, but mp3 streaming helps boost CD exposure and sales. CD & mp3 should both exist and support each other."

Lasting longer is beside the point, what I mean is that physical mediums are real objects and not just one and zeros in endless streams.

Exposure and sales are great and all, but it is a bit disappointing to a see another interesting thread have monetary gain attached to art.

I don't deny that I use mp3 to help people hear my music. If people still purchased CD's from non corporate sources, I would probably do more of that. But most of all I use mp3 because it makes it so there is negligible cost to me to distribute my art free for all.

23. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Tue 4th Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

@Spivkurl I'm not sure I understand what you're advocating for? That music be free in digital format? That people should have to buy physical copies?

I move units physically and digitally, but I think you're mistaken if you believe physical copies outlast digital storage. Also, there are some of us that equate "monetary gain" as you called it into our blueprints, operating within the game. Are you suggesting that we're wrong in doing so?

I believe hard work should be rewarded. I've been watching my sales consistently rising for a few years now. I have to attribute that rise to my digital sales - they KILL physical sales. By a long shot. I also have to attribute it to my hard work and attention to detail within my body of work.

I seen in this thread, you were referring to your current stats saying that some of your songs are top10 or something along those lines. I also observed you being pretty abrasive with the OP, almost bigoted. "Must be nice to be 18...not". Not a good look bro. Not a good look. Real cats don't spend time telling other people about how real they are.

Tame thy tongue, son...or your finger tips in this case.

RESPECT.

24. 1127123
    Unknown User : Tue 4th Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

yeah man plur =)

25. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 4th Aug 2015 : 5 years ago

I actual found the OP's reply to my contribution quite abrasive and offensive. "Real cats don't spend time telling other people about how real they are. " That is pretty much along the lines of what I felt he was telling me. "Not a good look bro." It wasn't a look, it was a jab... like experience something tangible and maybe you will understand my point of view.

"That music be free in digital format? That people should have to buy physical copies?"

*Streaming* music should be free, yes. I could see paying for a download if it is all that is available, or if one does not know how to rip a CD for use on other playback systems. But yes, they should buy physical copies if they are available. Creativity, respect and reward have all been taken out of the hands of musicians, and I've watched it happen. You don't expect to get into a gig for free (tangible experience), so why should one not be willing to pay for repeatable tangible experience plus object?

"I think you're mistaken if you believe physical copies outlast digital storage." In what way? I have playable records from around 85 years ago... I don't think any mp3's from that era are still around (ha ha). But seriously, show me a hard drive that can hold on to this stuff for that long! (Without having to make additional purchases every couple of years for life) This is the underlying issue, software is no longer tangible (digital media files included, and will basically always need to be replaced. Sure I have a couple floppy discs from 1991 sitting around, but good luck finding a drive that works to read them any more, and that's if they aren't corrupted. Which they often were after about a month or so of heavy use.

Yes, I'm abrasive. Though in fact I have a lot of self control to maintain my demeanor.

Posts 1 - 25 of 31

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums