Shameless Self Promotion

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 375728
    Cybertooth : Mon 27th Jul 2015 : 6 years ago

You thought this was going to be a rant?
    nope.
    Its exactly what the label says

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/169023

Im rather proud of this one, not because its one of my better pieces, but because it has the aesthetic that i was going for down so well.
    Think fortress in an otherworldly and snowy wasteland.
    Probably not for everyone though

Also probably the first technically finished song for my current project "Endless Skies"

As long as im mentioning Endless Skies, ill explain a bit about it.
    I used to bit a DJ'ing, but i quit
    not because i didnt like the music, rather because i didnt like DJ'ing and it was really just a way to promote my music anyways.
    so i wanted to find a way i could perform it in a way simlilar to a rock band, and Endless Skies (named after a VNV Nation song) is simply the project that came out of it.
    Its a form of alternative storytelling, where we are creating various other kinds of media as well to go along with the album such as animation, art and live action music videos. all to tell a story.
    At least, thats the hope and intention.
    Because of the nature of the "band" we could potentially have more than one live performing crew to be perfectly honest.

2. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Mon 27th Jul 2015 : 6 years ago

Your idea for the "endless skies" project sounds pretty cool man. I myself am working on a multimedia project and can agree it's way more fun than DJing, so good luck with it and I hope it all goes well.

As for the track, I think it works really well. Great combination of instruments and sounds that come and go at very comfortable pace. The second half when more pronounced melodies enter the track (such as the guitar) sounds lovely. That music box gets me diamonds although to me it feels a bit chaotic having that played over-top the guitar (maybe you wanted that?). Personally I would have let the guitar play out for a bit then let it fade when the music box comes in and then have that box be the last sound you hear with the last note ringing out through silence.

Anyway, good work, you should be proud. Good luck with the project.
    Peace out.

3. 1127123
    Unknown User : Mon 27th Jul 2015 : 6 years ago

dude you did well; thought i should put that out there! =)

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.