Laptop Recomendations

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 1108992
    RedTeller : Mon 20th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago Currently I have this awful pawnshop laptop I use to make music. I wanna buy another but I just want some recommendations from other music producers on what would be the greatest laptop to get. Preferably a laptop that runs Windows and does't cost too much.
  2. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 20th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago For music hardware, I don't think you'll have to spend TOO much - though we are looking at maybe 650-900 for one that will hold out on you for years to come. You can find some pretty excellent refurbished ones in that pricerange though. I'd recommend checking out sites like tigerdirect.com and just search refurbished laptops.

I'd recommend at least 6GB of RAM
    A processor like an i5 or i7 (make sure its the latest generation though)
    and a decent amount of hard drive space. Though you can always buy an external drive if you want a lot more for not so much money (like 800 GB or even 1TB)

You can even just google "laptops for pro tools" or something, that's bound to pull up some helpful results.

ER
  3. 1127123
    asidRn : Mon 20th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago this is a good read too if you haven't already done so: http://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php?ans=214
  4. 1108992
    RedTeller : Mon 20th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago Thank you both!
  5. 828980
    phatkatz4 : Mon 20th Jul 2015 : 3 years ago I used to use a Sony Vaio laptop. No complaints about it at all! I've since gone to a desktop because I killed the hard drive. It's been replaced but everything is on my desktop now :p Laptop hard drives are really easy to change and you can purchase a caddy that replaces the disc drive with a hard drive. Hard disc drives aren't really expensive either, I did that on my Dell laptop and my Sony Vaio so both have dual hard drives :p Vaio has 2.2 Ghz processor and 4 Gb ram. upgradeable to 8gb.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Featured Rock Track