Block User Feature Required

Posts 1 - 25 of 27
  1. 588276
    StaticNomad : Wed 17th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Block user feature required

A few months ago I started a thread after getting annoyed at two trolls commenting uselessly on one of my tracks.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/183232/how-can-i-stop-trolls-from-commenting-on-my-tracks

I asked then for a 'block user' feature for the site. For when you don't want a particular user playing/commenting on your tracks, downloading your loops etc

One of the users is back leaving annoying, useless and personally insulting comments on my latest upload. I have politely asked before for him/her to stop commenting but the request is ignored every time.

Why should I have to put up with such a rude and possibly mentally ill idiot?

Please create a block user feature so that I don't have to deal with anyone on the site I don't want to. I saw the same request today in a different context regarding a different type of troll.

Please...

2. 671112

Agreed!

3. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Wed 17th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

HAHAHAHA! I don't think I've ever seen you post in the forums Danke :p It would be a good addition for blocking idiots!

4. 588276

Yes, FourObesePussies,

perfect for getting rid of tree EQ trolls.

I prefer bush myself.

5. 691199
    Modnex : Wed 17th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Trolls are really becoming a problem on this site. I hope this doesn't turn into another youtube (sigh).

6. 588276

The troll is still commenting pathetically on my track and I didn't even reply to his last idiotic comment.

Nothing to do with my track, just straight up insults and irrelevant crap.

I currently have no way of stopping him commenting 1,000 times if he feels like it.

7. 375728
    Cybertooth : Wed 17th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I honestly have no opinion on this so I'm going to offer up a counter argument.
    On one hand blocking features is nice because it blocks off trolls and other various internet unfortunates.
    On the other hand it encourages another unfortunate mindset.
    "This guy said something bad about me, BLOCKED"
    One can also hold their hands in their air and deny receiving any takedown notices because none could be sent.

8. 589130
    Unknown User : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I feel you SN, I know who you're referring too. He gives bits and pieces of criticism, but without constructive details. I can't make progress if someone is gonna tell me 'you should make less deep'. WTF does that even mean?

StaticNomad:

Yes, FourObesePussies,

perfect for getting rid of tree EQ trolls.

I prefer bush myself.

-LMAO!!

9. 1237805
    centralsdev : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

so it means it you get banned for calling names or may i do the same?

10. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I just tell the name callers that they're a poopie head then cry to my mom.
    SN LMAO!!!

11. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Should definitely have this implemented asap.

12. 928569
    mstmusic : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Oh, yes. Trolls can be really annoying. Totally agree!

13. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I'm more fond of gnomes and elves.

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Block feature is a very bad idea for this site. Please do not implement. Trolls will still have access to the Forums and can easily call you out from there. It may give rise to personal attack rant threads that Shan will have to referee often. So bad idea. Next, you are deciding who reviews so you block your haters, hmm, just your friends only can review you? Bad idea. Trolls get their power from you when you feed them by paying them so much attention. You really can't shame a troll. This is not SoundCloud as said once before where you can block peeps. You can block over there because there isn't any real community over there. Let's try to get along better here and remember not to feed the trolls.

15. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

After thinking about it, you are completely correct Joe. Can we get a dislike button too? Looperbook ;)

16. 1231236
    joecramer : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

if everyone would make comments in the length corresponding to the height of his attention, then one needs no dislike buttons.
    no comment - shit music
    short commentary - might be better
    normal - normal
    long - Class
    detail - top
    detail with fav - hit
    LOL

17. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

but what if it's really crap? I mean like a big pile of poo where no comment just doesn't represent how crap it is ;) LOL!LOL! And I've never run across anything like that on Looperman though :D Just figured maybe we can get one here since we can't get on on FB :p

18. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Hi Joe.

"just your friends only can review you"

No, I would rarely use it as most people don't behave like dicks when commenting on my tracks.

I would reserve it only for the occasional time a particular idiot writes utter crap in the comments on my track.

Sure, I could just ignore them (that's all I'm able to do right now) but I'd rather stop them from basically polluting my comments section with their rubbish.

"You really can't shame a troll."

You're definitely right about that.

They are the scum of the earth, even the intelligent ones.

I can think of one regular forum troll who you've had your tussles with whose posts are dripping with narcissism and arrogance and disdain for everyone else.

He doesn't comment on tracks, just loads of forum threads though, thankfully, not this one so far.

19. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Obviously no one wants to be spammed like Nomad has,I have no idea how much work it would entail for Looperman to instigate a block user feature can't see how it would hurt... speaking of which,I would tend to lean towards the break nose option (if only this were practicable in cyberspace) when sensible dialog fails......Who on earth could you be possibly talking about StaticN?

20. 268784
    3n0 : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

What hapend to moderators? They can easy delete this comments.
    Also didnt the old site had a report button?

21. 1231236
    joecramer : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I have an idea for this problem

- let only members see the comments
    - give the owner of a song the permission to HIDE comments
    - make it so that the poster always see his comment.

so all problems will go

the troll post something as a member.
    the owner hides it
    i, as a member and listener could read it with a click on "show me"
    the troll will always see his comment and believe it counts.

that would be cool :)

22. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

@ StaticNomad

Cheers mate! Hey, how is the Queen doing these days? I really hope she is fine. When you are royalty you can dismiss commoners and trolls even before they become a problem. For the rest of us we have to work out a civilized solution. Static, you know your troll is really enjoying this mate.

You know I got an enormous amount of respect for you but what you propose borders close to censorship. You are an upstanding guy and I know you would not abuse such a feature but others might as to carve out there own slice of reviewers there mate. As to that forum troll you said I had? Just avoided the fool.

Forum moderators sounds like a better idea. Shan should appoint PlanetJazzBass and Mosaic as moderators so that they can lay the smack down Aussie style, that's what we really need here. A censorship block feature in the hands of users might not be a thing that is best for everyone here StaticNomad as it will foster a climate of abuse by others at their own discretion.

Cheers to the Queen!

JF

23. 1281572
    promenade2239 : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

@StaticNomad

I can see you're only and exclusively enjoying the positive/praise lm comments as well...

I am posting spam-flavoured thoughts on here to bump up my newest track too. Just to clarify.

24. 1195092
    Couchie : Sun 21st Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

: TROLL :
    :_______________________:
    : :
    : :
    \: :/

25. 588276
    StaticNomad : Sun 21st Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Promenade:

I don't understand your comment, not sure if it was some sort of joke.

"you're only and exclusively enjoying the positive/praise lm comments"

No, I'm always happy to hear decent criticism or suggestions. Trolls rarely offer that - just nonsensical crap or weird hatred or irrelevant other stuff.

There's one weird character/troll on here who has posted a lot of irrelevant conspiracy discussion in comments on people's tracks. That is totally inappropriate and has nothing really to do with someone's track.

His other weird thing to post on anyone and everyone's track is to tell them to check out "the loudness wars". He does this on tracks that are not really loud and informs people as if they've never ever heard of such a thing. It looks like he's talking about music and production but it's pretty much the same comment over and over again on almost random tracks.

Posts 1 - 25 of 27

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.