Looperman Feels Like An Old Married Couple

Posts 1 - 18 of 18
  1. 704401
    benjizo : Sat 13th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I been on looperman for over 3 years now,and its been a great experience.I have had a chance to interact with some Music geniuses from different Music genres and backgrounds.This place has some of the best Musicians,real Musicians.But lately i been feeling like the spark is gone,like a couple that has been together for too damn long.This couple is still in love,but nobody is going out of their way to please the other,no more buying flowers & candy,no more making love in crazy places,no more dressing up for each other.Its just two people going through the motions.That is the state i feel looperman is on right now,its still a great place but sometimes i feel the spark is gone,some great Names are not seen anymore,Tracks get fewer responses and people just going through the motions.Can we breath some life into this place?Can we make it more interactive and fun?Am just saying that it will great to have some changes,making it more Lively,and i believe that so many people here will be happy to suggest a thing or two of what they would like to see introduced here.So yall think about that for a minute,let it marinate.

2. 1293607
    Venuslove : Sun 14th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

This place is fun I've been on here a few months and collabed with people around the world who know English. Fun is a state of mind. Make it fun.:)

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 14th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

The thing is benjizo,this is happening on a regular cycle,when I first joined Looperman is was a very active place with a real buzz in the air,then gradually regulars started dropping off and there was a lull,new people came....it started again then fell away,ebbs and flows.....I think your going to have to get married and sustain the relationship for over two decades before you really understand! lol..seriously though it's what you make it that counts,but it does take a group effort obviously to get the place very active..when I was heavily into the ski scene we had a mountain staff contest to see who could have $ex in the craziest place..I didn't win and site guidelines prohibit me from divulging further details......

4. 704401
    benjizo : Sun 14th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

@Planetjazzbass mountain staff contest is funny,but i get your point its about the ups and downs.But If you don't change you don't grow,so sometimes its good to bring in a few changes to the site just to keep it growing.

5. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

This place Rocks! I've heard my loops in songs all over the world. I got in a few commercial tunes and movies musically as well. I am Vocally on a few songs too. The site doesn't change, the people do for better or worse. It is still win-win for everybody here!

6. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Im with MrFunktastic on this thread....

There is no other website that honestly has the responses or even potential to live up to Looperman....its FREE!

I'd rather receive less comments/reviews on my tunes but out of those reviews get much needed feedback that's realistic than 500-1000 reviews only saying "Great Track" etc.

Offcourse we could lose the advertising and make the website a paid membership website...but then that would also kill the website because its natural progression thru the years has been because its free for everyone to have fun with whats available.

Remember this;

Looperman is like the mafia "Once You Join - You Will Never Leave" ... you might go away for while and then comeback...as often is the case for myself.

Sure theres a lot that could be done to move the website forward for the next 10 yrs however at what cost?

Anyhows...great thread and yes sometimes its like a marriage...its takes a little bit of patience even if it seems not fun or empty at times...but there again when you are sleeping others are on here...its just theres more to listen to nowadays with plenty of free loops for sample diggers and accapellas for the masses which is where most of the traffic would flow to before listening to artist songs.

Best Regards,

DJ-SLT-UK

7. 486477
    GramoChopin : Thu 18th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Looperman is a real place with real people basically. But what is...real? hehe Watching the Matrix too much.

Feels alot better than Soundcloud tho and it's just more genuine.

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I see what you mean, though it seems more like the members are the one's acting like an old married couple; bickering, complaining, getting divorced, etc... Though they seem to be forgetting the most important part of marriage - being involved and contributing.

9. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Bickering and complaining is typical in most marriages Spivkurl. What we are in short supply of here is respect and patience for one another. Even despite all of that this place is still the best site around which is why I have dedicated so much material and resources to it. People will be people, we just all got to learn how to get along a little bit better. :-)

10. 438673
    DJSchmeeJ : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

Mr. Funktastic -
    You never send me samples anymore!

11. 186161

MrFunk, I know what you mean. Having been with my wife just short of 21 years, I get it. I think regarding respect and patience though, a marriage is far more crucial than a music website... patience may be virtue, but respect must be earned.

12. 186161

To clarify my previous statement - I do not respect someone simply for being, or staying alive. Many individuals seem to be only present to hold the rest of us back, or cause damage. I do not mean only humans, but animals, microorganisms, technology, objects, resources, and nature.

13. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

There are different levels of respect Spiv. I was referring to the one that is a kin to decency. Meaning like how we respect the elderly. Or the kind of respect when you are on a crowded bus and you step on someone toes and then say sorry.

14. 186161

You have really hit home with your words Joe, and maybe not in the way you think. To me decency is very different from respect, as it is a personal thing, it is within you (or not). I do not, and will never, respect someone for the simple fact of being elderly. Many people are held onto this earth with zombie medications, when they should be pushing up daisies - One of the reasons there are far too many people on the earth. Your crowded bus example definitely seems more on the side of decency to me, you are either a decent person, or don't give a crap about anything.

Respecting my elders is something I was ingrained in all of my life. I never understood it. Many of the people who screw with me on a daily basis are elders, and I will not respect them simply for that fact. A true elder should be wise, learned, experienced, and decent - regardless of age.

15. 704401
    benjizo : Fri 19th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

@Spivkurl I like the point that you have put across about some bickering, complaining like a married couple.This site has so many users who every now and then make a few suggestions about what they think should be done or introduced.Most of the time such posts are hit by an avalanche of negative comments from people who feel like the status quo of this site is under threat.Communication is key to every successful institution ,marriage inclusive.Like you said to make it exciting members should be involved and contributing.We gotta be open to new ideas and suggestions.Water that don't flow stinks.

@MrFunktastic i feel your point ,this is a very very exciting place and i have had great times here.Am not really trying to hate on looperman am just saying sometimes it feels kinda like the fun is not here anymore.Feels like it would not be a bad idea to change a few things here and there.Even an old house deserves a new coat of paint EVERY NOW & THEN.

@ DJSLTUK hey your right,once you join this place its like you cannot leave.Hooked for life.

@Spivkurl@DJSLTUK@MRFunktastic you are all very talented Musicians,and valuable members of this site.Some of the stuff you have posted here have blown my mind AWAY.Much respect and Love to you guys.And,talking about respect you have all EARNED IT!!!.

16. 186161

"Water that don't flow stinks" - while you are definitely correct in the aesthetic human sense, there are many parts of life which rely upon water that don't flow for survival.

17. 1430167
    wordybum : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

i have written some of my best stuff over the past 5 months because of this site. i've met some amazing musicians and producers and i appreciate this site more than words can describe for it.

18. 1095400
    AnalogDisc : Sat 20th Jun 2015 : 7 years ago

I`m with benjizo, but on the other side with Funktastic. Both opinions are true the site is a great resource for beginners and pro`s too and I`m really enjoying giving and getting comments (not much time I spent here lately, because don`t have much time even for producing) even if they bad, the loops and pellas are good, but still I`m almost 2 years part of this community, but the buzzin` is missing. I feel like the main characters of this site are ain`t here anymore. Cheers!

Posts 1 - 18 of 18

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.