Who Is On FL 12

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

Just wanted to to put something out there about FL Studio 12. Has anyone upgraded to this? What are your favorite parts of the software so far? Any recommendations of capabilities I may have missed? I am not affiliated with them (image line) in any way, so I'll keep my praise to myself until the discussion gets going. Just seemed like a good addition to the forum.

2. 841435
    ValveDriver : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

I haven't upgraded yet. But I will be soon. I'll get back to you on this!

3. 186161

Heh, cool! I've been having fun with it so far, though it's only been early morning experimentation so far... nothing serious.

4. 672953
    Ozzz : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

I'm using it but I haven't noticed anything major apart from the visual perspective and better memory allocation )compared to FL10) but everything I use is aftermarket..

5. 186161

Thank you Ozzy for joining in. I'm thinking the biggest change in functionality so far is the "plugin delay compensation" feature. The ability to set the delay manually in different measures is quite cool. You are right that the GUI is the biggest update though. I think it was enough for me to make the switch, even though I don't use a multi-touch monitor.

6. 189474
    ImproveWithError : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

Hey,

I have been using it since it came out. I have recorded one full song with it so far. I have had a problem with opening old projects from FL 11. When I open them everything looks right in the playlist but the audio clips don't play the correct audio. It plays my guitar or vocals from other songs I have recorded. I have contacted Imageline about the problem but they have not been to offer anything to fix the problem. It doesn't do it for every old project but a lot of them. Overall I like the new layout, adding third party plugins is still easy but a little different as well. Overall I like the change especially if you have the Signature Edition because it adds a few new plugins that were not free in FL 11.

7. 672953
    Ozzz : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

I wont be able to stimulate your mind with technical conversation Spiv, I personally just use the work station to record or simply host aftermarket plugins. However, I'm pretty certain the delay compensator was a feature first introduced in Fruity Loops 8?

Aren't they just reinventing the wheel.. again?

As far as features go, the only thing that raises the corners of my mouth is the better usage of memory, anyone that has made complex mixes with dozens of aftermarket needy samples know all about the depression, and the thoughts of suicide. Although it's still sub par comparing it to the days of Reason 4..

8. 186161

ImproveWithError, good first impressions you have stated here. I have only opened one fully mixed project from a previous version, and I noticed that the vocal channels sounded quite a bit quieter than they should have been. Haven't really taken the time to figure out why.

I like the browser setup, but I do miss the "favorites" aspect of adding third part VST stuff. Maybe I just haven't looked into the implementation enough yet.

9. 186161

Ozzi, maybe I have missed out on a whole aspect of the program due to changes in the interface, but I never noticed a manual adjustment of the compensation... only an automatic thing that shows up when you add an effect. If I am wrong I would be very curious to see how it is implemented on version 10 or 11.

I agree that the memory handling seems to be good, though I haven't driven it very hard yet. Never got into reason 4 just because of the work flow.

10. 915540
    JaySilent : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

I upgraded from FL 11 to FL 12 and I can say I personally like it. For me it seems way better, since I can now detach all plugins and screens and I can now set only the Mixer and Browser to my second screen so that I don't get distracted as easy as I could have gotten before. Also I like the way everything looks now and the fact that there are two more effect channels inside each mixer track has been very useful to me.

11. 186161

JaySilent, those are definitely plusses for the new version. The extra slots are nice, as is the mixer GUI set up with the FX shown at the bottom.

And Ozzi, looking back, you were correct! I was using the PDC without really thinking about it, and the new GUI reminded me of the versatility of it. Possibly the algorithm they are using is better now? I'm hearing a more obvious difference with different settings, but maybe my ears are fooled because they are connected my eyes via my brain which is being washed by the vectoral interface!

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.