Live Members-only Chat

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sun 3rd May 2015 : 7 years ago

I think we should implement a live chatroom/some-form-of-live-chat (like facebook's chat) available for members only. Whenever I want to share information quickly with another member and they're online same as I am, I LOATHE having to post multiple times in their tracks, hoping they'll see it; sometimes I'll send an email via their contact page but they don't respond for another day or so, sometimes a week or longer. I just thought I'd mention this as it would make for much more efficient communication between members instead of having to talk via snail mail or having to start a specific thread.

Of course, you would have the option to block someone if they're trying to spam you, or add someone to your Friends list that only you can see.

After you friend someone (you send an invitation and they accept) and if they're online, it says by their avatar - "So-and-so is online! Invite him/her to chat." This will keep people from abusing the chat option as you would only be able to chat with people who have accepted you as a friend.

ER

2. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sun 3rd May 2015 : 7 years ago

This has come up before, would be nice :D I remember Looperman saying it wasn't something he planned to do though(at that time anyway). I do collabs with Midispakrs (Dan) fairly regulary and communicate with him through the FB chat. Agreed , having to comment on users tracks, or forum posts to communicate is a bit of a hassle.

3. 1414881

I think it'd be something to consider now that Looperman.com has passed 1 million members :) Hopefully the boss will see this and reconsider. It'd help the networking segment of this website.

4. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sun 3rd May 2015 : 7 years ago

1 million members Whoohoo!! :D That be great, he's always working hard to improve the site so maybe :D (If we keep this in sight... ;D )

5. 1414881

I agree :D Just remember that we passed a MILESTONE ;)

6. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 3rd May 2015 : 7 years ago

Sounds like a good idea but i have the (bad) feeling that only the 20 members who post comments would use it .....

7. 1107806
    15ludwicke : Sun 3rd May 2015 : 7 years ago

This is a great idea! (also sorry for not getting in touch with you until today epic lol) I fully support the implementation of this feature.

@Joecramer:
    I disagree, I feel like it would be widely used by all, because the messaging system that LM currently has is not quick, or very reliable, because I know a lot of people seldomly check their emails.

Looperman, make this new live chat system a thing please!!!

8. 1414881

In the meantime, those of you who'd like to have a temporary live-chat system to use for Looperman can go to this link - https://www.hipchat.com/invite/347123/c009c6d34e9f1a7feb086436c10dc116?utm_medium=email&utm_source=evaluator_drip_1. Put in your username, whatever Job Status you'd like, and we can communicate quicker through there.

9. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 10th May 2015 : 7 years ago

This filesharing thing in that chat could be a helpfull feature - you need a steem? oh wait here it is :)

10. 1247377
    XyIlent : Mon 11th May 2015 : 7 years ago

aawweeosme idea, id use it :)

11. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 11th May 2015 : 7 years ago

Haha, itd be much more efficient to have an on-website one though ;)

12. 672953
    Ozzz : Mon 11th May 2015 : 7 years ago

Pfahaha, five of the million members use the forum and ninety eight percent of the members that signed up never returned after the first loop spree..

True story..

13. 1414881

I spose that is true. And that is their choice. But this option would greatly benefit serious musicians like myself who need answers quickly from collaborative members and would only serve to boost the community.

14. 748490
    fotisg : Mon 11th May 2015 : 7 years ago

Take this with a bit of salt: long live the spam idea. This was so many times talked before.. imho this should not happen or if it happens with severe restrictions. Except if you like being bombarded with links and advertising spam.
    you are free to hate me now.

~Amorphism

15. 1414881

@ fotisg - "Of course, you would have the option to block someone if they're trying to spam you, or add someone to your Friends list that only you can see.

After you friend someone (you send an invitation and they accept) and if they're online, it says by their avatar - "So-and-so is online! Invite him/her to chat." This will keep people from abusing the chat option as you would only be able to chat with people who have accepted you as a friend. "

Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.