Promo Group Looking For Content

Posts 1 - 10 of 10
  1. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Hi Looperfolk!

OUR GOAL (skip this part if you want):

A small group of us Looperman users have got together to start a label/promotion group (not related to the Hip-Hop label post from a few days ago). I say label/promotion group because it takes a lot of time, effort, and money to get a label started so we thought wed instead begin by promoting unheard artists for free to build a rapport within online communities and to demonstrate our dedication to helping said artists get recognized for their work.

However, its very difficult to promote artists if we ourselves dont have a decent following. And while we do have some artists already under our wing, it takes time to make a good song so content is very scarce. We realise that in order to promote ourselves, so that we can eventually effectively promote others, we first need content.

HELP US HELP YOU (the important part):

We decided itd be an awesome idea to make an album that shows off what us unheard/unsigned artists are capable of. Our label focuses on EDM so were searching for people willing to contribute an EDM remix of theirs to the album. After the album is compiled, one of our DJs will mix the entire thing so the finished product will somewhat resemble a DJ set.

Were looking for songs of pretty much any EDM genre as long as its within a 126-130bpm (House tempos). Well accept submissions from outside those tempos but note theyll likely be stretched to fit in that tempo range so dont submit if youre not ok with that. Email us an MP3 or M4A of your remix along with your name/alias and song title to the email at the bottom of this message and well notify you if we decide to use it. Submissions will be reviewed purely based on the music and if we feel itll go well on the album. If youre skeptical you can email us a 30sec sample and well notify you if we think the song will be a good addition to the album and need the full version.

Well give you full credit for your submission and encourage people to check out your other works. Songs may be played in future podcasts and videos and the album will be distributed digitally. It is a non-profit album so no money will be made by you or us. You should instead view it as a promotional opportunity.

Sorry for such a huge post. Thanks in advance for submissions and extra thanks if you somehow read this whole thing.

submit to:

2. 691199
    Modnex : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I see you said "remix" instead of mix. Are you only taking remixes? Also is there a channel or website we can go on to check out what you have done so far?

3. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

@Modnex:
    Oops sorry, I forgot to edit that. We would much prefer if you submitted a remix, but we will accept original tracks but depending on how many of those we recieve we may mash some of them up. As long as it's a House track or similar we'll consider it.

Also, we're not going to post any of our own remixes to our groups' channel until the album/compilation has been made so they're all over the place but here's a few of them to give you an idea of what we're looking for as well as the diversity of the content.

C.O. NoiZe:
    https://soundcloud.com/conoize/surrender-co-remix

Enrico Ludwick:
    https://soundcloud.com/enricoludwick/taylor-swift-feat-ed-sheeran-everything-has-changedenrico-ludwick-remix

And my own:
    https://soundcloud.com/distibiant/pendulum-fasten-your-seatbelts-distibiant-remix

4. 691199
    Modnex : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I would have submitted my tracks, but mine are not remixes, does not contain vocals, and are not as mainstream as your examples. This is still nice what you're doing, so keep it up.

5. 1237805
    centralsdev : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

i can do some free work by remix any track, but there should be a link and with free download, and i would be able to make one every 24hour then opload it, with free download.

6. 928569
    mstmusic : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

I have 134 bpm trance remix of Armin Van Buuren, with Cathy Burton's vocals. It would be nice to be featured on your compilation!

https://soundcloud.com/msoundtech/armin-van-buuren-ft-cathy-burton-rain-msoundtech-remix

7. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Fri 24th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

@MSoundTechee: Great remix man! So far 2 of our 3 judges (including me) have given it a listen and we love it. Once the last guy agrees (and I know he will) we'll email you to confirm that your song will be on the compilation. We'll also shoot you an email when the compilation is finished (we're expecting it to be done by mid July).

@Modnex: All good man. The reason why we mainly wanted remixes is because when you remix a "mainstream" song it tends to keep a lot of its mainstream feel. I personaly enjoy more experimental stuff but the point of this compilation is to help promote artists, and that's a lot easier to do when the songs are more palatable to a mainstream audience. Thanks for your interest though.

@centralsdev: I'm unsure what you mean. We are simply looking for people to submit one of their remixes for us to add to our promotional compilation. We already have someone to DJ all the songs after it's been compiled (so that each song blends into the next) so no help in that area is needed, if that's what you're suggesting.

8. 928569
    mstmusic : Fri 24th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Thanks a lot. I knew that you'll like it. That was one day when I was listening to original mix the melody was impulsivly created in my mind. The track was built up after only 2 hours and (it didn't need more work even for me perfectionist) I knew it will be my best remix ever, also thanks to the original vocals cut from original Van Buuren's mix. I would be really happy if it was included in your compilation.

Cheers, Michael (MSoundTech)

P.S msoundtechee is only a login for looperman, my real nick is MSoundTech.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MSoundTech
    https://www.facebook.com/MSoundTech
    https://soundcloud.com/msoundtech

9. 1252631
    D3RELICT : Mon 27th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

How long will you be taking tracks? Is there a certain number you're looking for or a time limit? I'd like to contribute something but don't have any mainstream remixes at the proper bpm ready to go and want to know how long I have to get something ready.

10. 1205128
    LivingInSilence : Tue 28th Apr 2015 : 7 years ago

Cut-off date is July 1 but depending on the amount and quality of submisions it may be sooner. Although I did post this thread earlier than planned to give people time to work on something to submit if they didn't already have something.

But please understand that I purposely left out the cut-off date and encouraged people to submit an already-made track because it would be unfortunate if someone made something specifically for this compilation just to have us reject it.

So yeah, if you're going to make a remix in the near future make it for either yourself or for your fans, don't make it for us. If we like it enough to use it (which is very possible) than that's just a bonus.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.